Zia Cup New Mexico Designer of the Year....

Status
Not open for further replies.

shannonlovesflowers

Oct 16, 2007
Albuquerque
State / Prov
New Mexico
Well, I went to Albuquerque to assist Mr. Wilton Hardy this weekend at the NMSFA annual convention.

So I look at the event schedual at about 7:30 in the morning on Saturday to figure out were and when I was suppose to go..

And I then realize "oh crap...I'm suppose to compete today" Wasn't even really sure what the competition was for or what the prize was but it was the only competition during the convention. So I had entered, but then kinda forgot about it. (I had a couple of days from hell right before convention, so competetion was the last thing on my mind)
So I hurry up and get there. And check in and all that jazz...

Well, guess what? I totally won!!

WOO HOO!!!!!!

So I am the New Mexico designer of the year!! How cool is that!

I think the funniest part is I totally forgot about it, didn't work myself up over the competition like I usually do... And I didn't even realize that it was for Designer of the year. Sooo crazy.

I won a scholarship to the TF education center in OKC. This is the second scholarship I won.. So exciting!!

EDIT: P.S. I posted a pic on page 3

Reactions: 2 people
congrats you!
:)

congrats, shannon....

What kind of class are you gonna take??

GREAT JOB Shannon!!! Way to go....you deserve it.

ok Cathy....I will submit an entry into the FC rose contest...You wore me down!

Carol...I remembered to tell Wilton you said hi, forgot about the other stuff..... It's hard work being a helper! I hope I get asked again!

Twiggy...pics of what exactly?

Wilton is wonderful. Such a "Southern Gentleman"... loved having him visit us here....

Not surprised

So proud of you, Shannon!!! That's great. I'm stoked.

It was my pleasure on Thursday to watch my friend Coby Neal from The Flower Studio in Austin win the Sylvia Cup competition at the SAF Convention.

His three pieces were awesome. Innovative and precise and beautiful.

Why does this not surprise me?? Whoo Hoo for you, Shannon! :bow_flowe:bow_flowe:bow_flowe

Status
Not open for further replies.