If you had one wish

Status
Not open for further replies.

TGDragonfly

Jan 9, 2009
Granby/Washington DC
State / Prov
CT/DC
If you had one wish, if someone walked into your store and said that they have always adored your flower shop and offered to trade businesses, straight up, what would that life have to be? What would your dream business be?

a CSA farm

community supported agriculture farm

dumb question, what is CSA kristine?

Mine would be some kind of publishing, ok how about a magazine. That would be my dream job even though it's probably not what I think it is. :)

Animal rescue foundation.

V

Reactions: Chezbloom
Pilot. I'd have a little plane and landing strip on a ranch so I could oversee the horses and floral crops!

Actually, I have my dream job . . .just wish "filthy rich" was part of my job description! Then I could have the plane and the flower ranch with my flower shop.

Public Speaking

Public Speaking, that could be a satisfying business.

Motivational speaking would be choice. Helping other people help themselves.

My theme would be "If mountains were smooth you couldn't climb them".

My message would be how florists can conquor today's mountains.

In 1992, I finished in the top 27 finalist of the Toastmaster World Public Speaking Contest. There isn't a more exhilerating experience than knowing you have 500 people sitting on the edge of their seat soaking up every word you speak.

If I had finished in the top 9, I would have been on stage with Paul Harvey at the world finals.

One of my favorite speeches was "A Bouquet of Feelings".
It started with a young lad walking into my flower shop with torn and tattered Sunday go to meeting clothes, he extended his hand asked, Mr., can I buy a flower with this? He opened his clinched fist and showed me a quarter. He got the biggest and best rose in my shop. And then picture him coming up to his mother with the rose cluched in his hand behind his back. When his mother exclaimed, "Alex, where have you been, why are you so dirty, why are your best clothes soiled and torn?" And with a big grin on his muddy face he said, "Mommy, I love you!"

That's the speech that won the Wisconsin contest and sent me on to the competition over 9 states. I finished 3rd, probably because the lavalier wireless mike fell off during my speech, and that cost me some points. Who knows what would have happened if I had checked how they attached the mike.:bouquet:

dumb question, what is CSA kristine?

Mine would be some kind of publishing, ok how about a magazine. That would be my dream job even though it's probably not what I think it is. :)

(CSA Farm) Community Supported Agriculture consists of a community of individuals who pledge support to a farm operation so that the farmland becomes, either legally or spiritually, the community's farm, with the growers and consumers providing mutual support and sharing the risks and benefits of food production.

I would love to own 20 acres someday and convert it into parkspace. I would have an open air concert hall for concerts. I would have a retreat for company outings. and I would have a indoor out door hall for weddings. I would have a 4 star catering kitchen, a exclusive flower shop, and a restaurant. My home and studio offices would be there to.

It would be 40 acres in Northern AZ with 20 horses-1 stallion, 15 mares and 4 geldings. Either of the Trakehner breed or Appaloosa....maybe one of the mares could be an Akhal-Teke. It'd have to have a quaint home-not too big not too small with a wrap around porch and a barn with an indoor arena. Maybe a nearby pond or creek. That would seal the deal!

1152007_tax-receipts.jpg

Reactions: sharonbrannigan
My dream job would be to own a community center for teens, facility would be free to all teens, kitchen for those who want to learn cooking skills, computer skills room, sewing and design, basic first aid, life skills training, tutoring for academics, and ever so badly needed couciling available at any moment a teen is facing a personal crisis.

Joan

It would have to be a bigger better flower shop with refrigerated vans that don't break down and would be located next to Patty's landing strip and floral crops.... then I could skydive everyday and get the best flowers... LOL

THAT is a funny visual!!! :)

Fun Thread..

I have a few.. and I can tell you it does depend on my mood as to what is at the top of my list...:>

1st - Selling mangoes out of the back of a Kombi van on the side of the Road at Byron bay.

2nd - A drapery store

3rd - Being totally self - sufficient

4th - Market gardener

5th - Publican

6 th - Lawyer.

Well there you go.....

Even I have to admit it's an odd list...;)... I did say it depends on my mood.....

Reactions: Queen of Weddings
Is jet setting trust-fund Mom an option!?!?! :>

I was gonna say Angelina Jolie, but she works too much and seems really busy. Honestly, I couldn't handle so many kids...even for Brad.

I'll trade with Paris Hilton. Working the red carpet seems like a pretty cushy job.

Status
Not open for further replies.