If you had one wish

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm with you V. Animal rescue. Would love to open a "last resort" for old dogs and cats whose owners have become ill or died, or who have been given up to the dog pound -- the oldies have a hard time finding new homes, even though there is nothing sweeter in this world than a sweet old gray-faced pet. Young, cute homeless pets are easy to place in a good home. I used to volunteer at a local pound and the excuses people had for giving up older animals...he's no fun anymore, he's starting to smell, his color doesn't go w/the new furniture I just bought ... just appalling. Would have loved to throw some of those owners in the pound!

Reactions: Victoria
I like the idea of trying to cultivate the attitude that I have my dream job. Hmmm....!

Well once I have my hand in flowers, whatever form that may be, I WILL be in my dream job. If I ever get a shop of my own...that will be a DREAM come true!! Wild horses would have to be the thing that pulls me from that!

Reactions: SpringCity
I like the idea of trying to cultivate the attitude that I have my dream job. Hmmm....!

Ahh But we do .. don't we? I guess the saying " it's not always greener on the other side" does have merit but there's nothing wrong with dreaming.... Although at this very moment Number 3 on my list is looking very attractive after just serving a very " loony" customer:boggles:

I can't imagine what I would do. I always dreamed of being able to stay home with my kids but now they are almost grown, so not so much of a dream anymore. Since I love this industry so much I think it might be nice to just travel around the country. Big cities, small towns and offer my help at the holidays. I'm pretty sure that would make me happy.

Thom, some members already know this, but my daughter is living her passion. Here is a link to her new photo blog (some language so be warned).

http://donthavemoneywilltravel.blogspot.com/

She spent last summer in Nicaragua and this summer she's going to Africa and Madagascar (my heart is already in my throat).

She works to travel.

V

:) I'll tell her. Is she me... I don't know. I suppose in some ways yes. When I enlarged the pictures of her standing on a precipice, I would have to say, that's all her. I love to fly though. And yes I am proud. And she is indeed vivacious. Apparently people think she and I have very similar personalities, both rather gregarious.

V

Starting out late in life, I hope I see my two young daughters climb mountains. I just hope there are mountains left by then.

I want acres so I would have a place to rescue animals, a huge garden, design topiary and a bookstore with big comfortable chairs (and great coffee available).

A motivational speaker.

Owner of a larger, more secure florist so that I could hire Ricky.

A beloved grandmother.

A cherished great-grandmother.

For those who have shared the idea of a pet care/ animal care place - I cannot recall the exact name.....but it is in North Carolina. There is a facility - Paradise Plantation I think is the name of it - That cares for pets whose owners passed away leaving the pets surviving. The original concept was pet owners who passed away with HIV/AIDS and it has grownto encompass any pet whose owner passed away leaving the surviving pet.

I was out to the wholesalers getting flowers today and can't help but see these things on the way... I wish this never happens to any of you... I can't imagine what it feels like to lock the doors one last time... I can't imagine what it feels like to turn the sign off one last time... I can't imagine what it feels like to look over your shoulder one more time as you drive away... I wish this would never happen to someones dream... thats what I wish.

Attachments

• Northridge Anns1.jpg
    Northridge Anns1.jpg
    444.4 KB · Views: 10
  • Northridge Anns2.jpg
    Northridge Anns2.jpg
    405.7 KB · Views: 8
  • Allens1.jpg
    Allens1.jpg
    384.4 KB · Views: 8
  • Allens2.jpg
    Allens2.jpg
    441.1 KB · Views: 9
Can't see the photos!

Reactions: Rabbit
I'd own a Bed & Breakfast with quaint rooms & the best breakfast chef on staff...I'd do flower arrangements for every room. It would be on some farm type land with fields and you could only hear the crickets at night& it would be so quiet.....ahhhhh

My wish that everyone that I knew would be healthy, and happy and content, That all freindships be solid, and that all would be theres for the taking, For myself, I wish really for nothing, cause I do have all the riches of all the above, and that there be a cure for all that ails those that are close to me, That I love and treasure, and you know who you are, So hugs to call of you, I am so gratiful for what I have and not what I don't , I am a hopeful person, even if things have been tough lately, I know who my true friends are, and they don't have a face, but that of a kind word, and cutsy little notes that you have sent me, They mean more than anything in the world, and I wish for you not for myself.:iwuvyou::iwuvyou::iwuvyou:

Status
Not open for further replies.