First and foremost, happy Thanksgiving from your friends at Florist 2.0! We hope the day brings you quality time with family and no work emergencies whatsoever.
But there’s another holiday on the horizon. On the heels of Black Friday and Cyber Monday, comes Giving Tuesday (December 1), a day that celebrates generosity.
To be certain, there are scores of organizations worthy of donations. In the event that you’d like to give to one within the industry, we rounded up a few for your consideration:
- The American Floral Endowment: funds research and scholarships in floriculture and environmental horticulture for the benefit of growers, wholesalers, retailers, allied industry organizations and the general public
- The Society of American Florists’ Fund for Nationwide Public Relations: supports the development of public relations programs designed to reach millions of consumers with positive messages about the benefits of flowers and the expertise of professional florists in the context of everyday news
- The American Institute of Floral Designers: advances the art of professional floral design through education, service and leadership, and recognizes the achievement of excellence in this art form
- The Wholesale Florist & Florist Supplier Association: organizes programs, services, events and communications designed to provide solutions, guidance and information for wholesalers and suppliers in a changing market
- The Association of Floral Importers of Florida: advocates members’ interests on national public policy issues and international trade matters to ensure the free flow of imported floral products into the United States
- The California Cut Flower Commission: focuses on transportation, public relations, governmental affairs, grower research and economic development to improve the vitality of the California cut flower and greens industry
- Your state or regional association