$100 Casket Spray-Would You and what would you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No reason I know of whay it could not be done......I have even done rose casket designs for as little as 75.00. That was a dozen rose sheaf style spray.

With carnations, I probably would have sold it in the style of a presentation/sheaf type bouquet......stems extending out one end and the blooms out the other.

We do them all the time...

Using Flowerbuyer.com my roses are costing me (today got them in) 14 to 28 cents...Half the cost of carns from my local wholesaler (paid 50 cents each) The 14 cents were 40cm Charolete (NOT A BIG FAN BUT WORKS) and the 28 cent were 60 Ast Colors. At these prices you could do a really nice $100 spray.

I don't know what you are paying...but you might try FB and see if that can help with this economy....

Reactions: thebloomcloset
We are small town and have been seeing a lot of people asking for the least expensive thing we can do. I also do the carns, daisy and one other filler and try to stretch it out as large as I can. I saw one yesterday that had 12 roses and lots of greens, It was small but pretty for the size. It can be done with other flowers also with a modern look.

Yeah, carns are higher right now, I paid 48 cents each today.Bought 150 for use in 2 casket sprays.

Also in small town and they want to spend the least that they have too. Even have had people calling for pricing on funeral flowers lately.
I agree you can do something for $100 not big but serves the purpose. I've even had our funeral director pay for casket sprays when the family has lost a baby so they have something on the casket. I always throw in a few extra flowers for a funeral like that too.
The ones I don't like are the families that you kow have money and then try and save a buck so they can have more in their pockets for later.
We have so many pre need funerals anymore where the money is already there so no problem with the amount to be spent on flowers.

We do them all the time, we live in the city, and we use, carns, poms, emerald, baker and filler, in a single saddle holder. It can be done, if someone needs, we need to be able to help them or they will go elsewhere and someone "will" fill their order, I know I can use the $100.

$100 spent on flowers is a lot of money in many consumers' minds.

A casket spray for that amount of money is easy.

Either do Carns, spiders, pomps and some filler... or

and or do monochromatic

or group the flowers together and carry the same flowers over in crescent shaped forms, i.e. low left to high right; just off dead center low-right to just off dead center back to just left of center........... etc........stuff like that.

STYLE doesn't incur COGS!

joe

Reactions: SpringCity
Exactly Joe - there are styles of sprays that lend themselves beautifully to lower dollar price points. It just takes a good understanding and application of design.

I wish a former co-worker of mine could grasp that simple concept. STYLE DOES NOT INCUR COST OF GOODS SOLD.

Exactly Joe - there are styles of sprays that lend themselves beautifully to lower dollar price points. It just takes a good understanding and application of design.

I wish a former co-worker of mine could grasp that simple concept. STYLE DOES NOT INCUR COST OF GOODS SOLD.

Rick, and here is a good example.

I once did a Casket spray with various greens, three Callas and some nice lace ribbon.

the only draw back was two sisters called me up on Memorial Day Monday, came in the shop and spent THREE HOURS DECIDING WHAT THEY WANTED!!!! If it wasn't for the fact that one of them was a neighbor and the other was an extremely big flower sender and loyal customer, I think I would have lost my patience.

joe

btw: that casket spray was an eye catcher and I heard many favorable comments about it.

We received a wire in for a $100 casket piece, was all carnations, was from the family and it ended up being a cremation, they sat it on a table I guess.

Trish

you can always use delistars, or gyp something that will fill a bigger area and not allot of money to do it

I once had a request for all iris and very feminine...

We inserted wide 18 " tulle (aka j ) as a collar and sheltered some of the iris with the tulle.....i had more compliments on that casket saddle than i had on some costing several times as much

Reactions: SpringCity
Status
Not open for further replies.