1800flowers Valentine's Day Promotion $30 for $15

I try to explain to people outside of the industry how things work, and they look at me like I'm crazy. That should tell us something; we are killing our own business.
[MENTION=5518]jamie[/MENTION] .... HA... I try to explain it to people IN the industry and they look at me the same way...

But I am a bit off my rocker...and I like it that way :)

Reactions: autj
@jamie .... HA... I try to explain it to people IN the industry and they look at me the same way...

But I am a bit off my rocker...and I like it that way :)

Once an old lady came in wanting to send flowers to family in Michigan (we are in FL). I told her that there was a $10 delivery charge in addition to the cost of the flowers that we'd send to the other florist. What other florist? she says, you don't deliver there? :rofl:

Reactions: retro
FYI this "deal" is a nationwide promotion. Not just Tampa Bay.

and now they have sold 17,348 of them

Man I am glad I do not fill for any big senders.

Just Say No.

Had a customer come in yesterday. He bought from us last year at mother's day because FTD screwed him over last minute. It was his wife's B-Day and she was so much happier with our M-Day flowers than anything she had ever received from FTD that he now uses us. Sent his wife 2 dozen red.

Valentine's is coming up, and I am hoping to pick up 20 or 30 more "converts"

"17,348 more unhappy flower consumers" They are not my customers, not yet. They are people who got ripped off by an online scam. "The industry" isn't going to pot because of online con-artists. Individual flower shops are going under because they aren't fighting to get more business.

The sending shop model and the groupon/extreme couponing models are NOT sustainable long term. You just need to position yourself to pick up the pieces as they fall.

Reactions: autj