About my introduction

Status
Not open for further replies.

amandalou

Apr 28, 2008
Hull
State / Prov
East Yorkshire
Hi everyone, i introduced myself last week. Recieved a nice reception off my friends in Floristnews forum in the UK, but as to the person who give me a bad reputation and commented 'Not ready for retail' YOU ARE NOT A NICE PERSON!

How dare someone judge me on my age as to say im not good enough to own my own shop and give me a bad rep for it

Whats wrong, are you jealous that im 20 years old and successful?

In UK kids have a hard time, get slagged off a lot so being a young business owner has been fantastic. I regularly go on an oldies radio show to tell them we arent all bad and stuff.

IT MAKES MY BLOOD BOIL THAT SOMEONE COULD BE SO CRUEL ON AN INTRODUCTION!

YES im a qualified florist
YES i did further business training at college
YES i was a saturday girl until i left school
NO im not a tacky shop that sells rubbish flowers, only top quality
YES i have worked as a florist since i was 16 SO HOW CAN YOU PUT ME DOWN

YOU DONT HAVE TO BE OLD TO BE TALENTED AT SOMETHING!

Think i'll go back to florist news, much nicer on there.

Sorry to go on but i think its disgusting!

Reactions: 4 people
Lol i hope i havnt upset anyone, but its that person that lets the rest down. Im so used to the other forum being uk based, and they promote this one a lot so i thought id join but im just feeling a little bruised.

I work 7 days a week and for some stranger to say that, just based on my age is a real insult :(

Amanda,

Welcome to FlowerChat. In a community of over 3,000 members there are going to be differing opinions. As a business owner I'm sure you know that a thick skin can required at some points in life.

Remember, enough FlowerChat members thought you were worth admitting to vote you in. The majority are glad to have you, so I wouldn't start your time here worrying too much about the one that doesn't.

Cheers!

Ryan

welcome To Fc.
20 And Successful May Just Provide An Opportunity For You To Enlighten The Masses With Suggestions On Future Survival.
Congrats !

Whoa ... big angry reply and not what I would have expected from you. I know you were encouraged but I do wish you'd PM'd me. I've checked back and the person who bad repped you seemingly didn't even have the guts to comment openly or give their name. On that basis it counts for diddly squit in my book and, as Ryan says, you should hang on to the fact that so many did want you here.

Hopefully it won't put you off. No this is not like Floristnews and never can/will be because it is cross Atlantic based but I can promise you (having seen the bad eggs on floristnews openly do their nasty stuff) that the majority of people here are amazingly good, welcoming and sharing and as such your success (which is what it is) will be appreciated and applauded big time.

After all if age was important I'd have been put out to pasture years ago!

Carrie

Thanks everyone, sorry about my previous stress.

Im just exhausted and it really just got me at a bad time. Feeling the presures a lot now and what was said was really uncalled for. Yes its midnight and ive just got in from my other job which keeps me above water until i can live off my shop. Also in the middle of a 12 day long workathon! Sorry to those who may have been upset but i had to get it off my chest there and then. Dont worry, i wont delete my account and bugger off lol! x

Reactions: 1 person
thats the British bulldog Spirit

Thanks everyone, sorry about my previous stress.

Im just exhausted and it really just got me at a bad time. Feeling the presures a lot now and what was said was really uncalled for. Yes its midnight and ive just got in from my other job which keeps me above water until i can live off my shop. Also in the middle of a 12 day long workathon! Sorry to those who may have been upset but i had to get it off my chest there and then. Dont worry, i wont delete my account and bugger off lol! x
Glad you're back,skin as tough as a rhino,thats the ticket ..i applaud you..x.

;) And with some seasoning your skin will thicken nicely. Welcome aboard.

V

amanda lou, dont let a small minded idiot put you off and i understand how one bad egg can ruin your day and make you upset. I too can get very emotional over someones negative comment (i know i shouldnt but do but hey cant help who you are?) Bigted i think your comment was uncalled for when someone was so clearly upset by something. Are we not here to support each other when things get rough?

Dont come on here often but the posts i have read all seem very professional, helpful and friendly so take no notice of someone who is not brave enough to give their name!

Well, it wasn't me, but it is a shame, yes I remember when I started my company, I got the same from the outside world, not a message board, and for heavens it is not the end of the world, and so tragic that you would get this upset, and so you use it to your advantage, and go from there, to show the world, and most of all yourself what you are made of. It will only get worse to react this way, I know I was guilty of it as well when I started out, but dear, Life is to short for this to get to you, Live with it, deal with and go on. It is just a board, I once gave someone a red dot by mistake, and reflected on it, and said it was just that, ,,,,,,

Here perhaps this will help"

chill-pill.jpg

Or - the newer one on the market

fukitol.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
Amazon has a sale on some right now:

RMTTjVhd5zdMvbfg14dneI+yEWlPG8Az022F.jpg

[youtube]qFBPcTfWy7Y[/youtube]

Reactions: 2 people
Ace, hope shipping doesnt cost too much! haha!

Customers done my tree in today buying and asking questions about bedding plants, i hate plants!

Hi Amandalou, sad to hear about your bad start. I was a FC member quite a while before i'd even heard of Florist news. I have to say that FC is a very friendly, informative site, and am surprised by your experience. I dont wanna get into comparing forums. But i have seen some 'clicky' nastyness on FN too !! Dont be put off, you can learn soooo much from other members..some good and some not so good !!And theres good and bad on both forums !!! of course im good on BOTH:tongue

Just wondering...

Under your business name, this is the information you posted:

"Rather not say pubically"

Although we try to avoid it, we do sometimes get into "pubic" discussions...

Hope you don't blush easily, amandalou...

:bouncy::hug:

Under your business name, this is the information you posted:

"Rather not say pubically"

Although we try to avoid it, we do sometimes get into "pubic" discussions...

Hope you don't blush easily, amandalou...

:bouncy::hug:

:rofl: That made my morning

Hi Amandalou, sad to hear about your bad start. I was a FC member quite a while before i'd even heard of Florist news. I have to say that FC is a very friendly, informative site, and am surprised by your experience. I dont wanna get into comparing forums. But i have seen some 'clicky' nastyness on FN too !! Dont be put off, you can learn soooo much from other members..some good and some not so good !!And theres good and bad on both forums !!! of course im good on BOTH:tongue

of course goodie:wide:

Status
Not open for further replies.