Tip Aifd, here we come

Nice Job..I will be working on an armeture the very next slow day I get..but no flowers just the armature...then maybe get some flower to use with it another day..I'll get it down, someday soon...I think that it would have been better without the solidago...I know you were using what was on hand and old so I get that...

Reactions: anytimeflowers
Okay, so here is one. I really need help with this one because I entered it in a design contest. The theme was "Animal Instincts". Wildly diverse judges comments. I should note that after I took the picture, I saw the tallest bird was at an angle, so I did straighten that before it got dropped off.

2010 - Animal Instincts.jpg

Reactions: KABERS
Hmmm....I have never been into the whole judging and competing thing, but it would seem that such extremes in points is unusual? Maybe not, I don't know anything about the subject. You are a judge now, right? Is there not a specific list of criteria used for these things? I wouldn't think they could be that far apart.Well, your customers love your work and they are the most important judges afterall!

Linda, I didn't see your design in any of Kym's Facebook photos from the competition. I personally love this design.

PD5221.jpgPD4083.jpgPD7876.jpgPD3906.jpgPB6850.jpg
The first two are much smaller than they appear relative to the last three pieces (which are much larger designs).

Composition #1 and #2 are created in the fashion of the French Compact Style, with emphasis on colour, artistry and infusion of natural elements.

Composition #3 is a classical European Garden Arrangment with Flemish influence.

Composition #4 Traditional American Tropical design. Actually quite large, although the picture does not show it.

Composition #5 Contemporary linear design showcasing contrast in colour/texture between the cymbidium and vanda orchids.

I have no idea what AIFD critera or requirement is for their designs. Just throwing a few out there to get perspective.

You can check out AIFD's information on their website or their facebook page too. They also have a special facebook page just for their symposium this year.