Are these people on Crack!?!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Victoria

Oct 31, 2002
London
State / Prov
Ontario
Just received, from Retrans, a request to cancel (I've corrected the spelling), "per member's request".

Here is my response..." Absolutely not. Mrs. ***** received a beautiful custom made, per her specifications, artificial arrangement to value (130.00) after refusing the original order. The original requested was fresh, red and white, three candles, no carnations. We made a gorgeous rose and dendrobium arrangement to cover the specifics of the order...we delivered in good faith as a good and reputable FTD shop does. Mrs. ***** refused, not because she didn't like the arrangement, but because it wasn't artificial (what her daugher had ordered, but it didn't get to us correctly). We delivered twice to Mrs. ***** and she called the next day to thank me "so much for the beautiful arrangement. It looks like you were in my house, the colours are so perfect". Also, this is a bit late the the day to be cancelling an order delivered 2 weeks ago. What is the shop's reasoning behind this attempt to cancel?"

I'm ticked...especially because I've learned NOT to leave anything to chance in this business I spent valuable time creating a paper trail on this issue two weeks ago.

MAN!!!

Sounds like the customer on the sending end, is trying to get their money back or save their money at the end of the Christmas season. Stick to your guns on this one.

We started sending all our Internationals by TF a couple years ago. Retrans managed to scrrew up or lose 1 in 5 orders for us. TF international has caused us only 2-3 complaints per year out of several hundred orders. Sergio at Retrans apologized (on the FTD board) for the problems, said they were inexcusable, shouldn't be happening ... but they did, and continued to.

Remember that movie Network? "MAD AS HELL AND NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE!" Well that says it all...except that I'm not going to jump out a window. ;)

YOU GO GIRL......
LUC

Here...I have another one for you...

Woman customer comes in Dec 23/02,late, DEMANDING that we get an order to a town about 50 Km's away, in Brantford, for the next day, by 1:30 pm....we TAKE the order, and promise NOTHING in time deliveries, and that ONLY we would do the best we can, so, the fill shop jumps through hoops,and deliver the order an hour late!!
A cross phoning match ensues, and the shop FINALLY delivers the order!!
Sender comes flying in here, at just about closing time 3:00 pm on Dec 31st/02 (New Years Eve) demanding ALL her money back beacuse the order was NOT delivered before 1:30 PM.
Ok, I take that as a valid complaint, and let her know, I have a little procedure to follow, and after some angry word exchange...she leaves.
I get in touch with fill shop, they remember the order,and agree that they were AFTER the requested delivery time, but, DID call her to see if another time was more appropriate!!
So far, so good...I'm on the sender's side. Shop delivers...
THEN, the RECIPIENT calls me,and says OUR shop number showed up on her call answer display, as well as the fill shop, and she explains how she's unahppy that the fill shop called her AFTER we called her, STILL without her order being delivered!!
Hmmmm...Mikey starts getting VERY supsicious now....we DID NOT CALL the recipient..was JUST Sandie and I in the shop, and NEITHER we nor our shop GHOSTS called the recipient!!
The sender comes in again, screaming that we should NOT have called the recipient, and SHE now also wants an apology, and DEMANDS her money back, on the spot!!
I say, you know what??....I'll give you DOUBLE your money back...she shuts her mouth .I continue "when MY long distance bill comes in, and there's NO call to the recipeint, I'll charge you BOTH with attempted fraud!!
Peace and quiet.....they ALMOST had me!!
Mike

that is fast thinking on your feet, mikey.....way to go.....i am truly washing out here with dealing with this stuff.....every day i get at least one....nasty.....rude.....obnoxious.....head up the butt verbally abusive message or customer calling in person.....i did not know that when i became a floral designer i became a rip off artist and started stealing money from their wallets....it is getting almost impossible to please people anymore....and don't make a human error and try to fix it cuz they have no time for that either.....when are we going to stop giving them their money back and let them keep the arrangement.....we truly need to do something about the reputation that we have of being able to do this.....

bosslady, Don't let some of those people get you down, remember the people who you make happy, and don't forget you can't please all the people all of the time. You got into this business because you wanted to share your talent and gift to add some beauty to people's lifes.

thanks peter...just doin a little venting.....yes you are right.....it is the loud ones that get me the most.....just tryin to stay in the game.....the one today 'just wanted me to know'' but she did not want anything done.....she just had to call and tell me she did not like her vase of roses.....the one that we copied from the selection guide.....the one that she chose.....you should have seen this thing....it was magnificient....oh well......probably no way of pleasing her with ANYTHING.....so glad that her call was the very first one this morning so that my day was started just right.....o sorry it is happening again....

"when are we going to stop giving them their money back and let them keep the arrangement....."

That's one I NEVER do any more, when they dispute the credit card charge, you just dispute the dispute with the reason "customer refused to return product". I'm polite about it to a point, but if they want their money back the product MUST be returned. If the florist will pick it up ok but if not they must arrange to have it returned just like any other business. They never get to keep the product and get a refund and that's the most RIDICILOUS demand we get put on us. Just dispute the dispute and you will prevail.

My pet peeve there.....especially love it above where they want money back because a timed delivery REQUEST was missed??? That also should be explained but never guaranteed. Even if missed - the product must be returned.

I just loved the one this Christmas from FTD.com

They wanted to keep the Dozen roses, be given a discount and another FREE arrangement just because the yellow roses that they received had a little bit of red on the lip of the rose and the order said any color rose but red.... They did NOT get any of the above!!

Status
Not open for further replies.