B Brooks

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW ; Is everybody taking a few deep breaths after posting here?
Good points on both sides. A lot of info just passed this way, made for good reading guys and girls.

since they go through Teleflora for non-network orders....does that mean that you also need to be a teleflora member as well?

RWK, you do not. The TF florists who are invited fall under another brand BBtoo, that is under the bbrooks umbrella. So when i need to send flowers to X, I log in, look for a florist in X and I see a new code next to some new florists called BBtoo. That means they are TF florists in under this new brand name. Why they did that, I'll let everyone else decide.

I am supposed to be in a time out right now! ;)

since they go through Teleflora for non-network orders....does that mean that you also need to be a teleflora member as well?

RWK, you do not. The TF florists who are invited fall under another brand BBtoo, that is under the bbrooks umbrella. So when i need to send flowers to X, I log in, look for a florist in X and I see a new code next to some new florists called BBtoo. That means they are TF florists in under this new brand name. Why they did that, I'll let everyone else decide.

I am supposed to be in a time out right now! ;)

brandon, before you go on time out, can you explain the highlighted text?

How would BB send via TF if the florist isn't a TF member?

thanks joe

I am sorry I misunderstood. I was replying real quick between my break. (I teach students with disabilities at night) I thought he was asking if you had to be a tf member to be a bb member.

Sorry guys.

That's exactly what I was asking. If you belong to the BBrooks network, do you also have to be a Teleflora member as well?

No. If B Brooks does not have a member serving an area, the order will flow to a hand-selected shop via the Teleflora network.

We used to received B Brooks orders via TF and I know other florists have here as well. (As a network focused on 'premium', they usually have a long list of 'don't use' flowers in the description. ;) )

do you also have to be a Teleflora member as well?

No. If B Brooks does not have a member serving an area, the order will flow to a hand-selected shop via the Teleflora network.

So if the BB network is too small and must rely on outside TF members to fulfill orders, then what does that make BB?

An order gatherer?

Consider the following.....

Just because BB is small v the WS's volume of outgoing orders, doesn't change the fact if a customer can go to BB's website and buys flowers the order will likely be filled by a nonBB member and to a TF member, with a network of 20,000.

BB has a very small network, GF says 100, others say 1500.

looks like a gathered order to me.

Cathy, the "hand selected" group is a deceptively attractive phrase.

There is no way BB, you or any other BB member can control the destination of a customer's outgoing wire order. Someday you might have to send me an order (one of my customers here grew up in Anaheim and has relatives living there).

If I am, nor any other shop here, not on the BB hand selected TF list, how is your order going to get filled?

joe

Joe -

Similar questions were answered in the first few pages of this very thread (back in late July/early August) when you asked:

Are you saying that if a flower shop is accepted as a BBrooks member, they can then send their customer's outgoing orders thru BBrooks, WHO IN TURN TRANSFERS THE ORDER TO TF?

Why does a customer need two middleman (bb/tf) when a florist can just call direct?

how much money does bb keep when they send out via TF?
I thought you, bloomz and Darrell thoroughly vetted B Brooks at that time.

Count me as a very happy customer who has had *zero* problems getting orders filled and *no* complaints to this point.

I would save the word 'deceptive' for ...ummm... other companies.

Reactions: 1 person
thanks for the red dot.
whoever you are... you are a coward.
its ok to sign your name, i don't bite.

I do know, that whoever the red dotter was has a pretty large rep power point signature.

back on track

Cathy, most WS related thread here is a rehash of past debates.

Also, I wasn't using the term "deceptive" as so many fc'rs use it for OG. I find the "hand selected" argument dubious based on the limited BB network. It simply isn't possible for BB to hand select TF florists to fill orders

joe

ps and I am not inferring it is Cathy, that is not her character.

Reactions: 2 people
Cathy, most WS related thread here is a rehash of past debates.
Guess since it was 'deja vu all over again' (to quote Yogi Berra) just a few short weeks after the same questions were asked and answered....

I find the "hand selected" argument dubious based on the limited BB network.
After 10 years of placing orders nationally, you don't think they have a preferred, hand-selected list of florists for most any area of the US?

Let me show you something I saw today that separates Barbara & Team from the rest:

When florists logged in to B Brooks network this morning, they were greeted with the message attached below. Can't begin to tell you how impressed I am.

Did TF, FTD or 1-800 post or send out any info urging their member florists to claim their Google Local listings? Did they alert members about the hijacks? Maybe I just missed it... or maybe they didn't want to draw attention to a serious problem that brings them profits.

It's so refreshing to see a company that actually cares about the welfare and good names of it's local florist members.

Attachments

• Bbrooks-Claim.jpg
    Bbrooks-Claim.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 27
Cathy, it appears you are really annoyed with me, today. I can't help that.

Posting something about BB and google listings have nothing to do with the question I asked.

I don't think they have enough to cover the entire country. As I mentioned in my example, if you had to use BB to call an order to me, how would BB know I was any good?

I guess that is my question.... I don't know how BB knows enough flower shops across the country, given the fact that you never know the destination of your next outgoing wire order.

FTD proved that any network under 10,000 is ineffective.

If I am not mistaken.....Joe........I think I read either on the BBrooks site or in one of these postings that you have the option of naming the shop you want the order to go to. That is of course, assuming you are familiar with the shop and.or their reputation.

Status
Not open for further replies.