Not open for further replies.

Bsearaevents

Sep 21, 2008
Miami
www.bsearaevents.com
State / Prov
Florida
Hello,
I'm Beatrice from B Seara Events. My company is a full service event planning company that also provides an in-house floral design for our clients. We are based in Miami, Florida but service all of South Florida from Palm Beach through Key West.

I established my company 3 years ago after doing event planning and flowers for corporate America for over 20 years and for various church and the private sector. I enjoy the creativity so much and turning someone's event vision whether floral or the entire setting that I finally just opened my own business. Okay, not exactly in the best of economic times, but it'll get better:bouquet2:
Our website is www.bsearevents.com

I hope to provide guidance where I can and I'm certainly open to suggestions and wisdom. Besides it's always good to bounce off ideas with other like minded people.

I'm hoping to also discover new vendors for floral supplies via this forum since the ones in my area seem to all carry the same products. I work with natural as well as silk flowers based on the clients needs.

Kindest regards,
Beatrice

Reactions: 3 people
Nothing comes up when I click the link.

Oh OK, Thanks Jean....

Um it's hard for me to decide because I don't see much floral, and what I do see.....

But the pics are pretty...
But that ring of roses, I don't know...

I think I'd be more inclined to say YES if maybe Bea was an event planner that employed a good florist, But it's hard to make a decision based on just the florals on the home page...
I'm torn..

Ok Bea, let me ask,
What is your floral design background? Self Taught? School? On the table?
How much of your business is floral? 10%, 50% etc????

Also I see so many

The portfolio section of the website still says that it is under construction.

Do you still work out of your home?

You all are way too quick :) yes Ii left off an 'a" and I can't seem to figure out how to fix it...argh.

My floral designs are self taught mostly, plus i'm always researching and buying books on different techniques.
I would say that currently 70% of our business is coming from floral. People want tangibles and flowers given them that. Plus, Brides will always want/need flowers were as the coordination maybe an after thought for them.

The event planning, invitation and floral is run out of the home. Except if the event is extensive and then I rent out warehouse & cooler space at a warehouse that we have an agreement with.

not looking at the site, but is this the one that I didn't like the mechanics on the ring??
If so, have you had any formal education? Attended any design seminars or classes?
Does your home have adequate refrigeration for prep work?

Hi Rhonda,

As for the mechanics of the ring??? That was just a picture that a photographer at wedding took that we had done the flowers for the wedding. That is actually one of the flower girls wreath and he just took the picture with the wine glasses in it. That was definitely not a table top/centerpiece by any means!

Hope that helps clear it up :)

I am registered in the state and I do pay taxes and have all the occupational and zoning licenses necessary for my state and local city.

My question to you and this forum is simple. I've looked at other posts and other folks do not seem to be getting the drill like I am. Why is that? Quiet frankly I don't see the reason for all this. I'm not here as a threat to any one. I was just looking for a forum to join with florist and possibly learn of new floral vendors in my area. However, it's been one negative comment about either my website or a picture or whatever. For goodness sake folks this is floral blog! Not a floral witch hunt!

If this is the attitude here and the nature of this forum then I am not interested. Because all I have been made to feel like is HS if you aren't part of the clique you're going to be put down. Come folks grow up and diversify!!!

Reactions: 1 person
Hello Beatrice. Welcome to FlowerChat! I am not sure why some of the members are being so "rough." I thought your introduction was sufficient, straight forward and wasn't trying to hide anything. I hope this initial "20 question routine" doesn't impact what YOU want out of this forum.

I think some of the seasoned Flower Chatters tend to forget that everyone is a unique individual. Being unique, everyone is in business for different reasons, choses to operate with or without a web site, choses to operate either out of a commercial or a residential setting depending on their needs and requirements. Not everyone initially has extensive training or certificates. We personally attend as many shows, events and training courses as we can in order to stay up to date and proficient with OUR business.

Like you, I am here to gain different ideas in order to operate our shop the way we choose too. In the short time that I have been here, I have realized that WE need to be more wire service independent, chosen a different POS vendor and have a independent, non-wire service, web site (which Ryan and his team are currently developing).

So once again, I welcome YOU aboard.

Hello Jesse,

Thanks so much for YOUR welcome and what you are mentioning is what I really thought this forum was about and hoped to contribute to.

Much luck to you with your shop and in developing your website. Believe me when I say the website development can be challenging ;)

Have a nice weekend!
Beatrice

Hello Jesse,

Thanks so much for YOUR welcome and what you are mentioning is what I really thought this forum was about and hoped to contribute to.

Much luck to you with your shop and in developing your website. Believe me when I say the website development can be challenging ;)

Have a nice weekend!
Beatrice

You're welcome :)... We have had our fair share of web site issues with our other businesses that we own and operate. I was very skeptical when we begin to look around for a new site. But Ryan and his team made me feel very relaxed and confident in their abilities.

I am registered in the state and I do pay taxes and have all the occupational and zoning licenses necessary for my state and local city.

My question to you and this forum is simple. I've looked at other posts and other folks do not seem to be getting the drill like I am. Why is that? Quiet frankly I don't see the reason for all this. I'm not here as a threat to any one. I was just looking for a forum to join with florist and possibly learn of new floral vendors in my area. However, it's been one negative comment about either my website or a picture or whatever. For goodness sake folks this is floral blog! Not a floral witch hunt!

If this is the attitude here and the nature of this forum then I am not interested. Because all I have been made to feel like is HS if you aren't part of the clique you're going to be put down. Come folks grow up and diversify!!!

I am sorry if you feel that way, its not a floral witch hunt, its questioning whether you are a florist, as you say this is a florist forum, so that is why you are questioned, plain and simple. You are a event planner, you are still welcome, you employ us, you deal with us, you want to learn more about us. Here is the reason for the rough questioning in my opinion...

Are you the type of business that is going to ask questions about how to make this, how to price that, how would we set up this, etc. Basically things you should know if you are in the business and have experience, not that you couldn't ask any questions, but you should know the basics.

In my thinking that is why the portfolio on your site seems to be important, flowerchatters are trying to see if you are "floral aware and floral minded", which is why you were asked about your location, many of the people that operate from their home are hobbyists, I do believe from your professional looking site, that you are a serious event planner who wants to improve your business.

Example, we approve you to join, then we have another event planner who wants to join, who thinks planning a party or a wedding would be fun, but has no experience, but asks to join to learn. She starts asking questions that she should know the answer too, but doesn't because this is a hobby , so she will just ask us what to do, that doesn't do anything but bring up the same old threads, questions, etc and it does nothing to help our board and our business grow.

I used the term "floral minded", I look for that because I think one of your questions might be, "I have a client that needs 50 centerpieces and a budget that is $30 a table, can you guys give me some ideas?" Questions like this is what I personally love, a thread that gets your creative and business mind flowing, you get some great ideas from other designers that you can keep in your head for the future while trying to grow your own business.

That is why we ask questions, not meaning to be rough, we are trying to maintain a good quality business minded person that we can all learn and be inspired from, I hope that explains my "train of thought" at least.

The other reason for being so rough is the fact that you have already signed up under another name and did not reply to any questions. I understand that you had some sort of password issue, but we have had people come in sign up and then when they didn't get accepted try again under another name and put on false airs.

We also like to keep the hobbiests out of here because we don't want to be teaching people how to tape a wire, foam a container, silly stuff...We talk about business and although we do on occasion ask others opinions on a project, we pretty much run our day to day biz without the most basic help that some home based businesses seem to lack, then they come on here and expecta 6 week floral course in a week for free...

You have to understand that some of these types of businesses are giving the floral industry a black eye because their work is awful and the have no training. It hurts the rest of us...I hope you do understand why we have this as a vote for inclusion situatation.

Hello Beatrice. Welcome to FlowerChat! I am not sure why some of the members are being so "rough." I thought your introduction was sufficient, straight forward and wasn't trying to hide anything. I hope this initial "20 question routine" doesn't impact what YOU want out of this forum.

I think some of the seasoned Flower Chatters tend to forget that everyone is a unique individual. Being unique, everyone is in business for different reasons, choses to operate with or without a web site, choses to operate either out of a commercial or a residential setting depending on their needs and requirements. Not everyone initially has extensive training or certificates. We personally attend as many shows, events and training courses as we can in order to stay up to date and proficient with OUR business.

Like you, I am here to gain different ideas in order to operate our shop the way we choose too. In the short time that I have been here, I have realized that WE need to be more wire service independent, chosen a different POS vendor and have a independent, non-wire service, web site (which Ryan and his team are currently developing).

So once again, I welcome YOU aboard.

I don't take offense at much in here, but to be honest I do at this particular post.

The applicant did not answer the questions asked on the New Member Intro page. Had she done that then the members would be more able to vote intelligently and without having to ask the basic knowledge questions. You were required to provide the same information when you joined.

The "seasoned" Flowerchatters who vote here have managed to maintain a site rife with information supplied by all of us. We don't have any desire to give that away to non-professionals. We are proud of the efforts we make and are grateful when the new members participate fully... but please don't denigrate our experiences in here, because we've had some doozies.

V

Reactions: 4 people
I don't think the questions asked to Beatrice were rough. Lets see....
Do you work out of your home, pay taxes, plan to move to a commercial building, etc... Unless I missed something these are not real "rough" questions. In fact, Beatrice my dear, if you were standing in front of me, and we were having a conversation, I would ask you these very questions.

It is in part human curiosity and the other part trying to protect our community here that we asked and wanted answers to our questions.

She is already a registered user so there is no point in voting one way or another. By the way I was never thinking of voting no (there has to be some REAL reasons for that) I just would of liked some answers to some questions before I did vote.

Beatrice, I welcome you to our community, to our "family". I hope you enjoy yourself here and please do participate in posts here we really would love to hear what you have to say, offer, and ask.

Good luck on your website, look forward to seeing it more complete, please let us know when you have some pics up in your portfolio section. So far it does look nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.