Banana Florist: New Member Intro

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Joe Jarvis

Business: Banana Florist

Type of Business: Online florist

About Me: I'm the marketing blowhard behind Banana Florist. Banana Florist is an experiment, and I'm one of the guys mixing things up. BOSS was kind enough to invite us over, so I'm taking him up on it.

http://www.bananaflorist.com

Reactions: 5 people
Thanks for the welcome, Tex. I'm looking forward to learning from everyone in here.

Welcome.. .

We will be watching and learning.

I think I'll go have a banana!

Do you have a Flowershop background?

Question? Why do you list yourself as "Online Florist"...you do have a store/shop in Atlanta, correct?
Yes, we've been following your exploits. Glad to have you here.

Welcome, Joe. Like many others, I first ran across your company from Seth's blog - and started a thread about you guys over here.

Love the edginess and freshness of your approach and have meant to get back to your blog to write a reply to the fantastic post about adapting.

I've been guessing that your company is a division of or related to a more traditional Atlanta shop. Am I close?

We've been hearing some very intriguing things about you. You could be a real asset to this board.

I enjoy reading your blog, but also wonder about the florist behind such an innovative marketing concept. I think a lot of us are admiring the moxie (sp) behind your attempt to capture a select group of consumers. Hope you'll be able to contribute here.
:)
welcome!
tracy

Hi Everyone:

Please forgive my clumsiness as I learn how to post replies here. I tried to post individual replies to your questions, without luck.

BamaE4U: I personally do not have a flower shop background. My experience is primarily marketing and writing.

Rhonda at work: I listed Banana Florist as an "online florist" because we do not, in fact, have a bricks-and-mortar Banana Florist-branded shop in Atlanta, although 100% of our orders are fulfilled locally.

CHR: Thanks for pointing me to the thread; I really look forward to reading it. And thanks for the comments on the blog, especially the post on adapting. And as far as your guess -- yep, you're close. ;)

tantalizingblooms, Connie and Tracypieface: Thanks for your welcome!

greatflowerlady: Sometimes the ideas come fast and furious for the blog, and sometimes it's hard to think of anything, which explains the sporadic gaps between posts. Do you have a blog?

Rhonda at work: I listed Banana Florist as an "online florist" because we do not, in fact, have a bricks-and-mortar Banana Florist-branded shop in Atlanta, although 100% of our orders are fulfilled locally.

Joe,

Could you explain further?

You don't have a shop in Atlanta, so how are you getting the orders filled??

Where does Joe Jarvis actually reside?

RC

Are you basically an order gathering shop that sends the orders through Teleflora to other shops. On google you have a map location so I thought perhaps you had a shop in that location.

Joe,

RC

Love the website by the way!

Just hoping there is a little integrity behind the clever as well.

RC
Make realistic promises and honor them to the letter.

BF origins

Joe,

RC

First off, I hope I don't mess up trying to use quotes, though I'm fairly certain I will.

Here's the scoop on Banana Florist's origins: My buddy Kevin owns Conner's Florist, a local Atlanta shop. He wanted to offer a unique flower-buying experience. We got our heads together and Banana Florist was born. This quote from Tracy on the BF thread sums it up just about perfectly:

This is what made me think it's a division of an established larger shop, someone who can't turn their image inside-out overnight, but can create a separate division, not associated with their longstanding name. It's a clever way to jump into the "youth" market, without the risk of a total re-brand.

Also, I reside in Chicago.

Status
Not open for further replies.