Status
Not open for further replies.

Tracy D'Amico

May 17, 2005
Barnegat NJ, USA
www.myrosegardenflorist.com
State / Prov
NJ
I cannot seem to open some of the blog posts .... the users are not on my ignore list, nor is the Blog Bot. The message I'm getting says I don't have permissions to read the post ..... can access to a blog be restricted? Searched the FAQ's, but didn't find any answer.

thanks!

Yes to Cheryl's, no to whoever posted the first, which I believe is the same post I was trying to read earlier. It was referenced in the SEO thread - I'm guessing Boss or ChezBloom, since their blog posts aren't accessible by me........ all other bloggers in the referenced thread I can access.

The blog bot post showed up in my new threads, with the Now I've done it title and first sentence or two of the post. When I clicked "more" or "read more" (I forget now!), the non-permissions page popped up instead of the full page of the post.

I went back into the thread to see if it was accessible through the Blog Posts in the User info, and Boss's & Chez's linked to the same non-permissions page. Cherlys went to her blog section, with I think Hanukkah being the most recent post.

weird ...
thanks cathy!

Blog access is controlled here: http://www.flowerchat.com/forums/blog_usercp.php?do=editoptions You can determine whether only friends, everyone or everyone but your ignore list can see your blog posts. I'm guessing that Boss has his set to friends only. Ryan
I wondered that as well, but Boss is on my Friends list .... is "Now I've done it" his post? The non-permissions page doesn't tell me who posted ... when I click on "blog entries" for Boss, I get the same non-permissions page. Same with ChezBloom.

I've changed all my permissions... far as I can tell anyone and everyone should be able to read my blog...for what it's worth...

This is what I get on any of the post

Sher, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Please email [email protected] if you have received this message in error.

You too? Boss said he would look into it a little further tomorrow ...

I've changed all my permissions... far as I can tell anyone and everyone should be able to read my blog...for what it's worth...

Boss,

Check your options again - they should look like the attachment.

Everyone,

Please look at the attached image. If you want to have everyone read your blog you need to check all three options:
- Your Contact List = People you have added to your contact list
- Your Ignore List = People you have added to your ignore list
- Everyone Else = People NOT on your Contact & Ignore lists

Ryan

Attachments

• blog options.PNG
    blog options.PNG
    21.9 KB · Views: 7
OK... thats what I have now... thought I did that yesterday...

Tracy...Sher?

Don't be scared ;)
Pfft. Not likely, I'm from jersey, remember?

Still can't see ChezBloom, but I sent the same pm to her, so we'll see ...
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.