Status
Not open for further replies.

clay

Aug 12, 2004
Victoria
www.mcadamsfloral.com
State / Prov
TX
I bounced this question off Cathy earlier, just wondering what other "blog pros" opinions are on this.

I get the message about the importance of a blog for SEO, but with all of the newly created (ok, not so new for RealFlorist.com) blogs, were would I best create and post my blog? I see we have a blog for RealFlorists.com, FlowerChat.com, Floristsblog.com...and I am sure I missed some more. Also, what are the pros and cons on designing a blog as part of your website like http://www.memorialflorists.com/blog/default.aspx?id=20&t=Chicago-Flower-Show-Bus-Trip ? Anyway, any comments on this subject would be appreciated.

I don't think one would be better then another. You can create your blog here and if you wanted to take the xml code and paste it onto your site.

I have created mine using blogger and taken the rss feed and placed the code on our front page. That way every time I have a new post it would update on our website.

Now I do not know if having the rss feed on your site helps however I can tell you that I do have hits coming from the blog to my website. Again I am not sure if I am getting orders from it but the SE spiders are sure loving my site now.

Again I don't think one place or the other would make a difference were you decided to start your blog. If I didn't already start ours on blogger I probally would of done it here instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.