Bloomnet gone as of april 30th for me

lori042499

May 3, 2006
Melrose, Massachusetts, United States
www.affairstorememberflorist.com
State / Prov
MA
I have made the decision to leave bloomnet after this directory....

I have been in touch with cs and my rep several times over the past year to ask what their problem is and why I have been put on their punishment...I have been told I am not and that they will send me more orders....it is not worth my time anymore....This month I have rejected 10 orders all for birthday cakes, I stopped carrying cakes 2 months ago....now not only am I being punished, but they are sending me items they know I will not fill, just so I have to pay them a fee....BS is what I call and I am all done with the games, I am tired of them and the shiite....I will let you all know how smooth or rough it goes...my letter must be recieved march 12th, I have it on the calander for march 1st...

Congrats on your decision. Now that they've implemented the ridiculous National Quality Program fee, it just keeps getting more and more expensive. Proof they can't sign up more florists so they have to increase their profit margins somewhere. But why wait until Mar.1st to send your letter ? Send it now and the rep will come graveling with FREE FREE FREE promos to keep you. Leave anyway, but might as well cut your costs.

Don't want to send it too early and give them a clue not to send Valentine orders my way....still need to pay the bill that I will have so I may as well fill some orders till then..

I was done with them 12/31... my rep did call and I told her no way!!
The orders have declined so much in the past year to where I can count them on my hands... No more $29.99 to the middle of ten buck two that I have to reject!

Bye Bye Bloomnet! (I asked for my Floriology charge back as I never agree to subscribe. Also watch your statement very carefully for inconsistancies on the payment of orders I had 5 this last statement... $44.99 order being paid as a $39.99. )

I'm out and been out for about two years, but a funny, I guess, story about those cakes.

Just after I joined I got an order for one, it had obviously been rejected by the shops in the town it went to some 27 miles from us.
Being a team player, I made and delivered. Beautiful if I may say so myself.

Then came the problem...sender had seen it displayed on a glass cake stand. You guys know what I'm talking about. Because BL didn't have descent descriptive info. back then, I could not convince them that the cake stand was a prop only.

Then God stepped in, this is what I did. I took a small cheap 4" glass candle stick $1.00 at Dollartree, they also had a clear glass plate saucer size. (I had used the clear big plates on a big wedding with lots of centerpieces a few years prior) I got something called 5000glue comes in a tube is clear and drys clear and fast. Made a cute little cake stand and made them happy. No help from BL!! Cost me two bucks, but God paid me back as I've used that ideas lots since. Great for wedding table centerpieces.

Everyone can use that idea it's free.

Blessings!

Stopped the cakes knowing I was ultimately going to leave them, and my own customers never want them...so I didn't think I would have a use for them post leaving...

Reactions: terri
Congrats on your decision. Now that they've implemented the ridiculous National Quality Program fee, it just keeps getting more and more expensive. Proof they can't sign up more florists so they have to increase their profit margins somewhere. But why wait until Mar.1st to send your letter ? Send it now and the rep will come graveling with FREE FREE FREE promos to keep you. Leave anyway, but might as well cut your costs.
This is true. You should send your letter now and they will give you FREE months through April, and then send your letter again in March. That way you won't have to worry about covering the member fees until then. USE them to YOUR advantage for a change. Just sayin....

I echo Eric. :)

BMT has diluted the value of being a filling florist AND they exact very high prices to be on their preferred list. They've changed their demands from fillers over the years so no matter what you've bargained as an agreement, an ever-increasing scale of give-backs is ahead.

Promote your brand, your stuff, your shop, your signature, your value and know that ultimately, those will be your real income. Incremental sales are just that, but the increments mostly go to someone else.

Get back to your pro florist/designer roots and remember why you loved what you do. :) Drive your train. Whoo Hoo!

Just be careful if you decide to ride on the free wagon for a while. Find out if they are coming out with a new selection guide this year (It's been 3 years -- I think they are.) If you were a member in 07, you may recall that they sent every member a new floral selection guide and every member had to pay for it, even if they were going to terminate. The rule then was "as long as you are an active member WHEN YOU RECEIVE THE BOOK, you have to keep the book and pay for it." I knew a shop who was closing their doors and retiring at the end of the same month that they rec'd the book. They had to pay for it.

Don't want to send it too early and give them a clue not to send Valentine orders my way....still need to pay the bill that I will have so I may as well fill some orders till then..
which actually makes sense, you've clearly thought this thru, "knee-jerk" reactions are just way too costly!!
Well done Lori...

I echo Eric. :)

BMT has diluted the value of being a filling florist AND they exact very high prices to be on their preferred list. They've changed their demands from fillers over the years so no matter what you've bargained as an agreement, an ever-increasing scale of give-backs is ahead.

Promote your brand, your stuff, your shop, your signature, your value and know that ultimately, those will be your real income. Incremental sales are just that, but the increments mostly go to someone else.

Get back to your pro florist/designer roots and remember why you loved what you do. :) Drive your train. Whoo Hoo!
there are days,while I'm sitting on my "perch", thinking, how CAN I, be as wise as that owl Cathy, over there!!

:kloguck:They just cooked their last goose for me. Take a look at this e-mail I just found. When I called to opt out, I NEVER use their VD containers, my Valentine's designs are my own, at MY pricing.
Anyway, customer service was very nice about it, asked for my shop code, and then continued on to say that I had to PRINT, SIGN, and FAX this e-mail back to them in order for them to NOT ship their crap that I DID NOT ORDER!
You've been selected for the BloomNet Valentine's Day Auto Ship Program!

Subject: You've been selected for the BloomNet Valentine's Day Auto Ship Program!
Date: Jan 14, 2010 8:53 AM

e69-tag.jpg
e69-t1.jpg
Dear BloomNet Professional Florist,

You've been selected for the BloomNet Valentine's Day Auto Ship Program! Our Customer Service Team has determined your required quantities to meet Valentine's Order Projections and will place the order for you! If this is the 2nd time we are Auto Shipping Valentine's Day product to you, please note that last month's preliminary Auto Ship was designed to provide you with inventory to support Valentine's Day arrangements that went live early on 12/28/09. This 2nd Auto Ship is designed to ensure you have enough inventory to meet your total Valentine's Order Projections. If you have already ordered sufficient quantities of a specific product, we will NOT ship you more.

The hard goods shown above will be prominently featured in 1-800-Flowers.com® TV, online, social media & print marketing efforts. This year's LESS IS MORE Codified Product program allows you to use our best selling Codified containers for multiple arrangements during and after Valentine's Day, and at varying price point options for consumers to choose from!

Please expect delivery of the hard goods shown above starting as early as 1/27/10, with billing deferred until February 2010.

1-800-Flowers.com® Valentine's Day Codified Products provide you with affordable products, small case pack sizes, and flexible deferred billing options to meet any size budget! With Valentine's Day Codified containers starting at just over $2.00, you'll want to order more than your minimum required quantities! Visit www.bloomnet.net and place your Valentine's Day Codified Product orders today!

For your convenience, a PDF version of the 2010 1-800-FLOWERS.COM® Valentine's Day Design Resource Guide and the 2010 Valentine's Day Marketing Overview are available in the Utilities section of BloomLink. Please keep an eye out for your Valentine's Day Posters, arriving in your shops soon!

To opt-out of this Program, please contact BloomNet Customer Service at 1-866-BloomNet (1-866-256-6663) by 1/20/10 at 12 noon EST.

e69-t2a.jpg
e69-t2b.jpg
92142: Dazzle Her Day™ Kit 1-800-Flowers® Dazzle Her Day™
1-800-Flowers® Abundant Love™
1-800-Flowers® Abundant Love™ Bundle
1-800-Flowers® Everlasting Love™ 92141: Lotsa Love™ Kit 1-800-Flowers® Lotsa Love™ Bouquet
1-800-Flowers® Lotsa Love™ Bundle
1-800-Flowers® Rose Romance™
in Red Shimmer Vase
92144: Valentine's Day Bear & Chocolate Bundle 1-800-Flowers® Lotsa Love™ Basket Bundle
e69-preBook.jpg
e69-footer.jpg

Items may vary and are subject to availability, delivery rules and times. Items available online. All products are subject to restrictions and limitations. Prices and charges are subject to change without notice. Void where prohibited. ©2010, BloomNet®, INC.

If you prefer not to receive emails like this in the future from BloomNet please click on the Remove me link below.

BloomNet INC · One Old Country Road, Suite 500 · Carle Place, New York 11514-1801
spacer.gif

Reactions: concord
Oh, and by the way. The order projections? 1-5 of each is what they were projecting my order volume would be. DUHHH, I don't know, maybe I should get TWO cases of each just to be sure.
Sorry, my rant on paper though is nothing compared to the phone calls I've already made today.

CHECK YOUR E-MAILS

I was taken off their auto ship program about the same time I signed on for Martha.....That mother's day their projections were so off I was left with so much stuff that on top of all the Martha stuff that is still sitting here....UUUghhh!!!

Reactions: anytimeflowers
I am done with them and will be removing my Bloomnet programs from my computer. I have played the game long enuff...even for free its become too much of a headache. I personally think when they are not sending you any orders....they should come up with alteast two or three more general messages a day to waste ink don't you?

Yeah I have been getting 3 a day for weeks now...

I personally think when they are not sending you any orders....they should come up with alteast two or three more general messages a day to waste ink don't you?

Thank you for the very first laugh I've had today, in a sick sort of way. Because I don't belong to any other wire service, and don't have a pos, I just turned the computer off.
DONE!!!

Wow, Bloom Link makes the others look good! We should try their startegy with our customers.
Dear Mr Smith,
Below is a list of the people we have decided you are sending flowers to this month. To cancel these orders we have placed for you please send us a written cancellation by registered mail with in 24 hours.