Bullies

KABERS

Jan 3, 2005
la porte
www.kaberfloral.com
State / Prov
in
I made this casket spray today for a 12 yr.old girl that committed suicide because of constant bullying. She was only in 6th grade. What is this world coming to and what is the answer to such a growing problem? When I was a kid I was very shy and pretty much a introvert. Believe it or not my nickname was spike for decking a guy that was picking on my little brother. Was I a bully? Helll no, we protected our own.

My heart aches for this family and am dying to know what the bullies think now and do their parents have a clue that they are failing as parents.

Attachments

• casketspray.jpg
    casketspray.jpg
    815.7 KB · Views: 17
Its lovely..

We moved our family 2 hours away to get our bullied son away from the kids causing the problems after years of trying to get the school to listen! The day he kicked one of the bullies and the school said they needed to suspend him I flipped out on them.. He was not suspended.

Reactions: KABERS
I'm sorry for their and your loss...

In today's world, it's the video game mentality among our youth that drives a lot of this behavior... very sad...

My granddaughter was bullied in 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th grade. It was the same girl who was doing the bullying but Mac would lose her temper and she would get caught, the bully didn't. For 3 years Mac was punished, did "therapy" with the guidance office and asked to be separated from the bully in class. Finally her 4th grade teacher caught the bully egging Mac on and walked her straight to the principal's office. The child was spoken to, Mother said "not my child" but that was the end of it. The bully was moved to another side of the class and was watched by all teachers to intervene if she started in on Mac again. Now Mackenzie is in 7th grade, is 5'9", a star basketball player for the middle school, AAU and YBOA leagues and is surrounded by friends who cover her back against this bully who chooses to continue in her sneaky ways against others. But her bullying is watched by a group of her peers and they have no qualms in telling her to back off... This group of children have chosen to do the right thing by helping those being bullied. I am so glad this new movie Bully (or whatever the name) is making waves. Hopefully it will help prevent such sadness that this family is now going through... Prayers of hope for better days.

we have a little guy, whom we've moved to a private school, for just this issue...he is so trusting, so shy,and so independent, that he could easily have been deemed a "target".....parents,are parents for a reason,BUT, some are way outside their expertise when it comes to their OWN kids, and the environment they provide, that "enables" their kids to bully.
Bullying is acquired and learned.....

Reactions: anytimeflowers
I made this casket spray today for a 12 yr.old girl that committed suicide because of constant bullying. She was only in 6th grade. What is this world coming to and what is the answer to such a growing problem? When I was a kid I was very shy and pretty much a introvert. Believe it or not my nickname was spike for decking a guy that was picking on my little brother. Was I a bully? Helll no, we protected our own.

My heart aches for this family and am dying to know what the bullies think now and do their parents have a clue that they are failing as parents.
Jenifer...those were THE DAYS, we DID protect our own AND were CONGRATULATED for it

You know there have always been bullies. We had then growing up, our kids had them, and I don't think we have more today, but something has changed. Are the bullies more viscious, the bullied more sensitive? Is it the fact that with technology, the bullying can go viral? I know there has to be more done to prevent bullying and also to teach kids how to defend themselves against bullies. I have had experience with parents of a boy who bullied my daughter and the apple didn't fall far from that tree! I think depression in children has become more common and that may be the root of the issue. It's so sad when someone so young takes their own life due to bullying or any other reason.

Technology can work in a positive way too. There is a facebook page dedicated to her "stop bullying for Alyssa Frye". There are already over 300 members. Looks like a lot of kids. There are also rumors that charges could be brought against the counselor and teachers that did nothing to stop the bullying. Will her death make a difference? only time will tell. Depression is a factor i'm sure but how do you teach your children self confidence and convince them that middle school is nothing to their brilliant future.

Reactions: anytimeflowers
This is just horrific.

I was one of those self-confident kids who intervened several times on the behalf of one of these kids. One in particular comes back to haunt me after all these years. I shouted down a mob of kids who were following and taunting one, just because he was big, "Big Ben".

We had teachers who were assigned to playground duty (these all happened during recess) and I can't help but wonder now where they were. The incident with Ben I remember most clearly because one of my teachers (he was not present) took me into a private conference asking me questions. I had no idea how any of it started, I just happened to notice this mob of kids following Ben along the fenceline of the playground and ran to investigate. When I realized what was happening, I simply put a stop to it. I didn't even know him, he was in a grade above me.

The point is, this teacher seemed more interested in finding out what made me do it than anything else and most of the time I wasn't really sure if I was in trouble for it! I am now wondering what happened to Ben and the others. I wonder if their parents taught them to "just try to ignore it" because that certainly sticks in my mind that each one of them was valiantly trying to just get away ~ they were not defending themselves in any way.

I certainly hope that maybe there will be more awareness of this behavior so that this young life gone will have some sort of meaning. From my own experiences I can say that I don't understand ANY of the mentalities that go into this. The bulliers and their parents, the teachers, and even the victims. This isn't something that can just be ignored by ANYONE.

Jenifer, my soul is crying with yours ~ my sincerest empathy love ~ it just shouldn't be possible.