Can someone please tell me why we never learn? Now I REALLY hate these people...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rock

Oct 31, 2002
Somewhere
State / Prov
Edge of the World
Was in a great mood this morning when a 800Flowers order came in over the merc; we'd decided long ago that we didn't accept their orders, but I'd thought I'd try requesting a price change that would make the value right considering the HST and see what happened. Price change was offered up right away so I passed it along to Jane to arrange the dozen roses and BB. Shortly afterwards, another merc ASK came in requesting a merc confirming del time and signature. Halted production and returned ANS telling them that we didn't get signatures and to confirm that that was ok. Got it and started up the old production line again and went out and delivered. WHILE I WAS OUT ON DELIVERY the P***KS sent a CAN which was waiting for me when I returned. Sent a DEN and called them asking why the tried to CAN; they said supervisor told them to cancel and send elsewhere for a signature!!!! I told the rep that it was delivered and the time (also included in DEN) and she told me the order had been sent elsewhere but she would make us the florist of record so we'd be paid for it. I told her, that we were being paid for it anyway since it wasn't sent Bloomnet and we refused the CON (later confirmed by FTD member services).
Then I filed a complaint with member services about 800Flowers' handling of the order and their attemped cancellation and was told there have been a number of complaints about 800flowers; needless to say I don't expect any action by FTD.
YOU'LL BE ABLE TO DRIVE EVERY GAS GUZZLING SUV THAT THE CANADIAN GOVERNMENT MEMBERS OWN FROM CAPE SPEAR TO THE WHITE CLIFFS OF DOVER BEFORE WE FILL ANYTHING FOR THESE LOSERS AGAIN......
Gotta go change the bandages on the knife wounds in my back now...................
Rock on

YOU'LL BE ABLE TO DRIVE EVERY GAS GUZZLING SUV THAT THE CANADIAN GOVERNMENT MEMBERS OWN FROM CAPE SPEAR TO THE WHITE CLIFFS OF DOVER BEFORE WE FILL ANYTHING FOR THESE LOSERS AGAIN......
Rock on [/B]

In a word, ouch. Can't stand them either, a plague of confusion and telemarketers on them.

Audra

You could try ASKing for the price change ... then REJ the order.

Or, ASK for more $$$. When you get it, ASK for $10 more. Keep going for a while. Reply to every message with an ASK for more $$$.

Or, my favourite, is use the text from Retrans autoresponder:
We have received your inquiry and are researching your request blah blah blah blah ....

On a slow day, it's amusing :D

dissappointed

Hugh , when I first read this post on FTD's board ,I was surprised , shocked and then dissappointed that you lowered yourself to accept one of those crap orders. You were the one who educated me to the fact that in spite of membership rules and regulations that you could still refuse to accept orders from any source that you found objectionable and not get booted out. Having done it often enough I took the bull by the horns and told 800flowers and FTD.com that as they were not actual flowers shops and with their stupid non forwarding rule that I would not fill any of those orders. Was told to reject them when they showed up , no, not paying 75cents and my time to f**k with it. As they refused to stop sending orders , I told them that I just wouldn't act on them, would not fill or not reject, after a couple of days they actually phoned to see what the problem was, haven't heard or seen either garbage outfit since, left a couple of their customers pissed off , but they got the message . After this latest fiasco with the skimmers , I know that you have too. Your Poinsettias are ready when ever you are, let me know . I'm sure we'll be talking soon.

Weak moment........:eek:

We had one last week for their "Fall Basket" arr 6" basket, or roses, or carns, viking poms, faux apples, solidago for $39.99. Sent them a price change to $54.99. They said okay. Went out Tuesday. Came in this a.m. and another on merc for different person. Thought hmm, maybe their testing me? Sent price change for $54.99 had an answer within 3 minutes.
It was the sickest style arrangement as shown on the website, so put one of our "This order originated from an 800 number, website, or "order gatherer". We have filled the order as our shop regulations allow. It may appear different from what was originally ordered with acceptable substitutions in flower varieties or design style. When you thank your sender for your arrangement, please pass along our 800 number to them for future reference"
It has worked in the past with most recipients and senders. Of course we do have a couple of die hards who always use 800Flowers.
Also sent them a rej (twice this week) for a town over 40 miles from us. Told them in big bold letters, next time they send me an order out of my zip codes, which I gave to them, I would ignore the order completely then they could explain to their customer why nothing was delivered.

i am not surprised at your "weak moment" we all have them and i often think that these guys are counting on that.....they are counting on us filling their orders in our "weak moments"......SOOOOO much hassle SOOOOO little profit....and the beat goes on with them....."this order cannot be forwarded or rejected" what is that anyway......we have had orders come to us for either places we have NEVER heard of or 1.5 hours delivery time away from our shop.....i too called to get them to stop sending me orders.....

Status
Not open for further replies.