Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank

Nov 1, 2002
Rosemead
www.goldenroseflorist.com
State / Prov
California
When you design a casket spray, do you evenly distribute the flowers throughout the spray or do you add more flowers in the front than in the back, especially when you want that "cascading" look? Right now, we add more flowers in the front but are wondering if we shouldn't???

I like my casket sprays to appear to be weeping, so we have taller ones in the back and let the others cascade as they are put into the spray towards the front. We also make ours one sided as the funeral homes have the caskets set up that way. They are against a wall and in an alcove.

Judy

We do them as all-around because our local funeral homes now have chapels where they hold services.

Audra

Nothing bugs me more about funeral flowers than a casket spray with a big hole in the back. Sure, it might be up against a wall, but it will be moved, often along with the casket to the burial site. Gaping holes look unprofessional ... but we see them in TV and movie funerals all the time.

Maybe a few less flowers in the back but always finished though not draped as the front; in church half of the people see the back when the pallbearers bring the casket in and out.

Yeah I hate the back open , but what can you do when the Funeral Director who orders it wants all the flowers in front . A few years back We did them all around and the biggest local home went to where they didn't do the back. So if thats what they want , thats what I'll give them, had to work to hard to get them back as my largest customer . But every once in a while will get an order for one lower and all around, because thats what the family the home is dealing with wants.

We also finish off the back nicely. But we also do what is wanted.

Judy

Front here also, with a back finish. Again our funeral show the people against the wall. I would say 98% of the time our work is done this way because it make it look fuller. Now if a customer wants a all around, we do it also. Most of the picture in the funeral guides are all front arr.
As for the church, most religion DOES NOT let flowers sit onthe casket during the service, espicially catholics. They have a blanket they put on the casket. At the cemetary the casket spray is put at the "end of the Head" showing downward.
Luc

Around here the casket spray is taken to the gravesite and it sits on top of the casket and many times half the people can see the back so we do the back in a finished look, but do not waste any of the expensive flowers by hiding them in the back, just the fill in types. At the cemetery all it needs to look is finished. The funeral homes may have it against a wall and ours also do that, but I think it looks quite unprofessional to have the back unfinished personally.

We make our sprays with greens evenly placed all around, with most of the flowers in the front and cascading. We do add a few flowers to the back so when it is placed on the grave it looks nice. This may sound weird, but we take notice as to where the burials are taken place so after the service we go up to the cemetery and look at the sprays other shops are doing. In our opinion there is nothing worse than seeing a spray # 1 so flat in the front it looks like someone sat on it and # 2 the greens just stopping and seeing the back bare.

Status
Not open for further replies.