Oct 31, 2002
striderseo.com
State / Prov
DE
I am posting this notice on behalf of and at the request of:

[FONT=&quot]Andrea Knernschield<o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Paralegal<o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Leyh & Leyh Attorneys at Law<o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
<st1:Street w:st="on"><st1:address w:st="on">[FONT=&quot]104 NE 72nd Street[/FONT]</st1:address></st1:Street>[FONT=&quot]<o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Suite I<o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
<st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">[FONT=&quot]Gladstone[/FONT]</st1:City>[FONT=&quot], <st1:State w:st="on">MO</st1:State> <st1:postalCode w:st="on">64118</st1:postalCode>[/FONT]</st1:place>[FONT=&quot]<o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Telephone: 816-283-3380<o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Facsimile: 816-283-0489<o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][email protected]<o:p></o:p>[/FONT]

Andrea Knernschield said:
[FONT=&quot]I have attached a Published Notice of Class Action regarding a case in Clay County Courthouse at Liberty, Missouri involving plaintiff Gladstone Florist, LLC, on behalf of all other persons or entities similarly situated, alleges that since July 1, 2001 defendant TTP, Inc. a New Jersey corporation, has used deceptive business practices to unlawfully solicit and receive the floral business of Missouri consumers, to the economic detriment of the plaintiff class. Plaintiffs allege that defendant TTP, Inc. placed advertisements in <st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Missouri</st1:place></st1:State> falsely stating that it is a local florist. When consumers telephoned the local number to purchase floral products, they were unwittingly transferred to defendant’s <st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">New Jersey</st1:place></st1:State> telephone answering facilities, and the order was placed with defendant TTP, Inc. Defendant denies the allegations.<o:p></o:p>[/FONT]

Attachments

• Published Notice GladstoneFlowers - A.pdf
    21.4 KB · Views: 304
Wow! I want to follow this case. Thanks for posting it.
Sharon

That makes two of us Panda

I hope thats All American Flowers and Gifts.

Bet it doesn't go anywhere. I don't know what MO's deceptive laws are but I was a director on ISFA when we passed pro-retail florist legislation.

On the legislative side..

If MO is like IL, the yellow page lobby is alot more powerful than the retail florist lobby and hence the laws will be pretty weak.

this is just specualtion on my part.

Nevertheless, it should be interesting.

joe

Well, We DO have the deceptive listings laws on the books - however, it releases the directory publishers from any compliance issues. Which means that in reality, here in SC, the law has as much chance of being effective as my passing gas smelling like an attache rose.

Joe, and everyone.....

This lawsuit has been going on for a long while. The State of Missouri has certified it as a class action for all florists in the State of Missouri who have been harmed by Meola's stuff. (Much was posted in previous threads about this suit & Meola.

......I'm sorry, but I do not know how to link you back to the past threads, maybe someone else does/ & will.) (Search on Meola; Gladstone florists -- postings were summer & fall, 2007).

Gladstone Florist is the lead florist in the case, but there are others. Gladstone is a registered member here. if you have any questions, you should contact her directly via PM.

The reason for this posting is that the court is attempting to identify ALL THE INJURED MEMBERS OF THE CLASS. You are asked to register and Opt in or Opt out.
This is an attempt to sift thru exactly how many people were injured, who they are and then ultimately, to how much damages can be proposed to go to each one.

This is the lawsuit tht pushed Meola to file chapter 7.....or 11, depending upon which of his companies you are looking at.

Gladstone and the other Missouri florists involved in this case have fought a long & hard battle.......and it an't over yet!!! the wheels of justice turn slowly, but they do turn...!

My hat is off to them for persistance!! Today, I am proud to be a real florist!

Best regards to Gladstone & everyone in Missouri!!

Cheryl

I hope by now if you have a listing in the phone book such as "Florist in (any town name) or Florist of (any town name) or in my case "Gladstone Florist and the phone number IS NOT MINE" that the number has been disconnected. Meola has filed bankruptcy. He says he has no money left. But I also heard he has the rights to sell the phone numbers, I think he'll try a come back.

I was called to a hearing to our state capital of Missouri to testify before congress about what is going on. They are in the process of writing law. There will be a $1,000 fine for each incident in the phone book and losing the phone number if they have no physical presents and are pretending to be located in an invisible store. I am trying to find the info from the Federal Trade Commission, that says you cannot pretend to be some where you are not, like in Missouri, but really in New Jersey. Doesn't it just make you sick the way people are out to scam you every step of the way.

I have no idea if this is going to work. We have been working on the lawsuit for almost 2 years. It takes time. If you are from Missouri and can join the class, PLEASE do. We need to get as many involved as possible. If the one that is listing themselves as (town name) and Gift Delivery wants to be next, bring it on! There is a 5 million law suite waiting for you too!

As florist we have a right to Our business and I'm tired of the money grabbers out there trying to get in my pockets. If you want to know more about the lawsuit you may send a private message and I'll do my best to respond. Thanks, Gladstone Flowers, Deb

Reactions: 3 people
Glad someone will go the distance needed.

Thanks

Contact Me At Gladstone Flowers And I Will Give You Lawyer Info
816-452-5947. Did You Know The Folks Down Your Way Are The Ones Responsible For Getting The Law Started. Yea! Will Be Back After 7:00 Tonight Or Can Call Tomorrow. Ask For Deb

wish I could find that old telephone book with the listing he had for my name.
Dang...

I had to prove how long Meola had been listed in our phone book, and how long I had been there. I went to the public library and they had phone books back to the 1940's. It turned out our shop had been listed since 1955.
Gladstone

Unbelievable!

I can't believe what I've been reading! As a resident of Missouri, and specifically, someone who knows several florists, I'm going to bring this to their attention!