Not open for further replies.

theRKF

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2002
striderseo.com
State / Prov
DE
I'm starting a poll on how we wrap cut flower bouquets.

Poll question

Hello.
Just a comment. If someone calls for "wrapped" flowers, they get them in waxed paper here. If they wish cello, they had better say cello. If they wish boxed, they had better ask for box.
Roses and some "delicate" flowers get water tubes. We usually ask how long flowers will be out of water to decide whether to tube all cuts in the wrap. We always include cut flower care cards (our own) along with pack of preservative / food.
That options wasn't in the poll. Have a great weekend.

We do pretty much the same as Rhonda. We wrap in waxed paper unless other wise requested. I try to avoid wrapping in those cello sleaves because the grocery store across the street uses them and I want ours to look different. All of ours go out with wax paper and a ribbon tie.

Jim

Ours always go out in cello (not sleeves) gold ribbon and our label. If there are roses, they are water picked. I generally mist the cello around the cut stems just to keep some humidity in there.

The grocery store down the road sends them out in wax...

Victoria :)

cut flowers

cut flowers are sent out in cello. we tube roses, stock, gerbs and other easily water stressed flowers.....bouquet is always sprayed with "Hawaiian Floral Mist" and tied with raffia.....in colder weather we put in paper sleeve which delivery often returns to us. He just slips the bouquet out at the door and returns sleeve. He also does this with delivery boxes...we use cello bags and then put arrangement in delivery box....Delivery takes out of box and returns.

Not TOO much different...

though we DO ask our customers to verify that they understand the differences in our lingo!
Cut flowers "wrapped" is in cello, unless it's cash and carry, THEN it goes in generic BROWN paper, inside surface waxed!
All go our with care tags/care cards/greens,and a ribbon wrap.
The higher the value, the better the ribbon,and we DO CHARGE for the ribbon wrap!!
The preprinted sleeves are NOT used here, not even for expediency,and NO ONE gets our preprinted enclosure cards WITHOUT a purchase of OUR flowers!!
Mike
:)

WE PURCHASED THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS OF VERY ATTRACTIVE CELLO SLEEVES FROM KLERK YEARS AGO. I HAD NO IDEA THEY WOULD LAST ME SO LONG. MANY WERE ON CLEARANCE A MERE 5 CENTS EA. PEOPLE LOVE THESE. NO OTHER FLORIST AROUND HERE DOES THIS. WE DO NOT USE WATER PICS UNLESS SPECIFICALLY ASKED FOR AND THEN WE QUESTION THEM AS TO HOW LONG THE FLOWERS WILL BE OUT OF WATER.

IT'S FUNNY: SOME PEOPLE WILL ASK FOR WATER PICS WHEN THE FLOWERS WILL BE OUT OF WATER FOR ONLY ABOUT ONE HOUR AND OTHER (MEN) WILL ASSUME THE FLOWERS CAN LAST OVERNIGHT IN THEIR TRUNK IN THE WINTER. GO FIGURE???

I JUST IMPLEMENTED A NEW QUESTION WHEN SELLING A DOZEN ROSES. WE ALWAYS ASKED IF THEY WANTED THEM BOXED OR VASED. DIFFERENT PRICES. NOW WE ASK IF THEY WANT THEM VASED AND IF THEY SAY NO, WE ASK THEM IF THEY WANT THEM BOXED OR IN A PRETTY SLEEVE. OVER 50% WANT THEM SLEEEVED. WHAT A SAVINGS ON BOXES. :cool:

I always use cello unless otherwise stated, wrapped with curling or wired ribbon depending on the price they pay, always with greens and an water pic, as who knows how long they will be out of water, the consumer may take longer or forget them in the car??? who knows and if this happens it's the florist that will get blamed irregardless.......if they are picked then they cannot blame us now can they, for thier mistake! it's sort of like insurance, if i do not pic them, they forget about them etc....they'll more chance of coming back to the florist! so.... thats that, the cello is simple, you can cut it to your size, dress it up, dress it down, stencil it, do anything you want!
And we always place our own sticker to close the cello wrapping, our name and number appears in our loge color on this sticker!
Rosey:D

Okay, maybe I should think about using tubes all the time, but...

what do you do with the greenery? Baker/Leatherleaf & tree fern and most greenery really are too small for their own tube and when you slide it in with the flower it breaks the seal and it leaks. Tree fern, plumosa, bear grass and all can go without I suppose but not baker. We use mostly baker with carns. We sell a LOT of carns. Baby's breath too. In fact caspia too. Now I know why we don't use tubes. Any suggestions at all would be appreciated. Thanks!!!

:cool:

Hi Lady Biker
The leather or tree fern goes in the tube as well, I did not notice that it Broke the seal? well.....never had any complaints...... tell me how you know this please.
I always put greens with the flowers, as I find the flowers look bland without it.
tree with delicates like roses and leather with sal., leaves with carns, the leaves are very nice addition,. but pricey, do this to impress someone!
Rosey:)

SAVE MONEY AND TRY THIS

RECYCLE YOUR TOO SMALL BITS OF OASIS AND INSERT YOUR STEMS IN THAT. WE WRAP IN SLEEVES WITH WATER TIGHT BOTTOMS, AND IF WE BOX, WE USE A LARGER SCRAP OF OASIS AND PUT IT IN A SANDWICH BAGGIE STAPLED TO THE BOTTOM OF THE BOX.
CLARK

Status
Not open for further replies.