• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bloomz

Nov 12, 2002
Corvalis
State / Prov
OR
I'm not sure if this question has been asked before, but at a recent design show I was amazed at the low percentage of people that didn't have one when asked by the presenter.

Anonymous poll.

Reactions: 1 person
Coincidentally, I was at a floral design show Sunday, and I spoke with several attendants who do not have websites.

Well the results so far... 17-0 are not a surprise to me anyway...

FC florists are all ahead of the curve! I'm sure you would get much different results in a personal sampling of florists outside of FlowerChat.

I'm not sure if this question has been asked before, but at a recent design show I was amazed at the low percentage of people that didn't have one when asked by the presenter.

Anonymous poll.
I was surprised when I spoke with an advertiser as to why his wedding directory listed no florists - his response was that most of the flower shops he deals with don't have a website.

Well the results so far... 17-0 are not a surprise to me anyway...

FC florists are all ahead of the curve! I'm sure you would get much different results in a personal sampling of florists outside of FlowerChat.

But....................all those florists without a web site don't have computer either so they can't vote in this poll, and I'm quite sure there's plenty of them.

I agree, FC florists are definitely more computer literate than the average florist. I know some who don't even know how to use EMAIL, and have to have their younger employees check it. Lots of computer-phobia in the florist world. That's why I was so surprised and happy to find this place.

That is a subject that will be addressed in our business meeting at our show on Saturday. The necessity of internet at work and at least a basic website.

Maybe the poll question should be Do you have a website that gets orders?

Some have websites but dont do anything to get any orders on them, that is almost as bad as not having a website at all!

although my website doesn't send me orders, I have a great many order calls that start with "I'm looking at your website".....

It doesen't really matter if you have one or not, on this I mean if you do , then take care of it as if it is your store, in a way it is, it is what the first impression that someone gets of your shop, and how you do business, if the darn thing has no update on it then shame on you, ,I just had this talk with someelse last night, even if ya don't know about all the ins and outs of website, at least go in and change the date on it, also I will admit, I don't do mine, but I do do updates, and such , as well, It has to be taken care of. Heavens all business need to do this, or don't have one at all,

Maybe the poll question should be Do you have a website that gets orders?

Some have websites but dont do anything to get any orders on them, that is almost as bad as not having a website at all!

I would not entirely agree with that. i am currently changing mine over to ecommerce but i do get orders from my website now. They just call with the order like someone said earlier. You can also refer brides or mourners to it before consult so i would not say it was as bad as not having one at all. Not everyones business model is the same, that would not be good would it!

It doesen't really matter if you have one or not, on this I mean if you do , then take care of it as if it is your store, in a way it is, it is what the first impression that someone gets of your shop, and how you do business, if the darn thing has no update on it then shame on you, ,I just had this talk with someelse last night, even if ya don't know about all the ins and outs of website, at least go in and change the date on it, also I will admit, I don't do mine, but I do do updates, and such , as well, It has to be taken care of. Heavens all business need to do this, or don't have one at all,

Yes I do agree, you should treat your web site like another branch shop.
Keep the shop well stocked & the window changed every week.
I remember one shop in my area it was mid May and they still had Valentines products and prices on the front page. The other thing is when thay have a copyright or last updated date say 2006

I am chagrined to say I have no ecommerce as of right now. I do plan to add it. However I can say my website is an organic thing that gets updated frequently and is a constant work in progress, just like my little storefront. I probably will never turn it over to a webmaster because I love being able to go in and tweak things.

I wish I had more time or 2-3 clones of me to keep up with all of the changes...In the beginning of my shop, I used to change the way it looked and my website twice a month...I would add things on a regular basis...

I am now finding that between my personal life and shop life, I am having trouble amking any one area fully nice...either the shop looks good and my home is a disaster, or the shop is let go a bit and my home is good, or everything looks good and I am a disaster...This is no way to run a life...I sometimes feel like I need an assistant, but the money is just not there to pay someone..I am just starting to be able to take a few dollars here and there for my quality of life...and with the economy hiring right now is out...

I am finding that if I have an afternoon free, I don't want to spend it tiding up one of the areas of my life, I just want some time for me and to chill and sit idle without thinking of the shop or my life, or my house...Is this wrong, should I be working on all things shop 24/7...

we have a portfolio site to show our clients/future clients what we do.
We did have an ecommerce site to, and did a lot of marketing for it but didnt find that it bought it enough orders to cover the monthly costs so have left it for the moment.

I have a website. Find that lots of people looked at it and then phoned to order what they saw on it. When I first put it live I didnt have online shopping. Looked into loads of different ways but didn't like the costs of any of them. Ive now got D2f and my problem is solved, people are looking at it and buying from it.

Im just in the middle or refreshing all my pictures on it aswell.

Status
Not open for further replies.