theRKF

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2002
striderseo.com
State / Prov
DE
Strider Inc. introduces Florist 2.0 – Advanced Floral Ecommerce

Florist 2.0 is an advanced ecommerce platform designs specifically to enable florists to create a unique online presence. With a host of features, the Florist 2.0 package allows florists to showcase their own flair and style while maintaining a search-friendly website.

Features:
  • Custom Design: Each site will have its own unique design, not a template shared with thousands of other florists.
  • Easy to manage product catalogue: Add, Edit and Manage your own selection of products
  • Search products by Colour, Flower or Plant, Occasion, Price Range or Keyword
  • Multiple product configuration options: Create products with different sizes, prices, containers or options.
  • Upsell Add-ons: Unlimited number of add-on items, tied to each product to entice customers to purchase relevant impulse buy items.
  • Delivery options: Create and manage your own delivery options and pricing, to offer the same level of personalized service you would give a customer in your shop.
  • Product Delivery Time: Mark special items with longer preparation time as available only for future delivery times.
  • Product Ratings: Registered customers can rate products based on their satisfaction level.
  • User Reviews: Over 85% of online shoppers look for and trust user reviews, and now your customers can express their love for each product they order.
  • Gallery: Show off your creativity by creating galleries for your special events and unique designs.
  • Self Publishing: Create and publish an unlimited number of informational articles in as many categories as you like. Registered customers can leave comments on your articles, to further user engagement.
  • Blog: Your own blog, set up and hosted on your site.
  • Communication: Customers can track orders and communicate with the florist through the website, providing a centralized record of all communication.
  • Newsletter: Integrated newsletter management for marketing to website customers.
Benefits:
  • Deal with people you know: Strider Inc. is the owner and operator of FlowerChat.com.
  • No wire service affiliation: You are never tied to a wire service.·No per order fees
  • No confusing packages or options
  • Support from people in the floral industry: Every employee of Strider Inc. has spent time working in a flower shop.
  • Constant community-based development: The Florist 2.0 platform is constantly evolving, based on a long list of features assembled by the Strider Inc. team and the florist community.
  • Innovation incentives: Users that suggest great features will receive free hosting & support when their feature is implemented.
We are dedicated to providing the best florist ecommerce option at a reasonable price, enabling florists to represent themselves as well online as you do in your store.

Pricing:
  • Setup $1,000
    • Unique custom site design
    • Domain name registration or transfer
    • Site and blog setup and configuration
    • Unlimited email addresses with your domain name
  • Hosting and Support $80 / month
    • Site hosting and daily backups
    • SSL certificate for secure online purchasing
    • Unique IP address
    • Access to the support forums on FlowerChat
    • Access to the Florist 2.0 wiki manual
    • All platform updates
Sample Site
You can always view the latest version of the Florist 2.0 platform on our development site, www.demoflowershop.com.

For sales information or to have your questions answered you can call Strider Inc. at 800-314-8895 or email [email protected].

Does web 2.0 support different cut off times for different zips and out of area
zone. Can this be controlled by day of the week?

Can different cities/zips have different delivery charges?

For not listed cities/zips does it default to a wire out/service charge?

Is access to Teleflora and FTD images included?

Can we not have users rating?

Can we have local delivery specials only?

I see space on top for florist message. Is there also room near the bottom.

Does Florist 2.0 support different cut off times for different zips and out of area zone. Can this be controlled by day of the week?
Florist 2.0 does not support cut-off times directly, but each delivery service level allows for a long written description that is easily accessible for the customer.

Can different cities/zips have different delivery charges? For not listed cities/zips does it default to a wire out/service charge?
You can create as many different service levels as you like and name them after different cities or regions. There are two tax rates that can each be configured to apply to the destination or originating state or province.

Is access to Teleflora and FTD images included?
We do not stock wire service images automatically, as the goal is to create an individualized site. However, the florist has full control over what products and images they feature. Studies have shown that fewer selections increases conversion rates - too many choices leads to customer frustration. Hence we do not automatically populate the sites with 500+ wire service images.

Can we not have users rating?
No. User interaction is the key element of web 2.0. User reviews and ratings are an essential part of modern ecommerce. This is one of the features that sets our platform ahead of the rest. All user comments are moderated, so you have the option to not allow profane or spammy posts.

Can we have local delivery specials only?
Yes - you'll find that while these sites could certainly be used for order gathering, they are uniquely tailored to capturing the local market.

I see space on top for florist message. Is there also room near the bottom?
Every site design will be different. If you want the text box along the bottom, you're welcome to place it there in your design. We'll design the site to suit your tastes.

Reactions: 1 person
Ryan Rocks !

Strider Inc. introduces Florist 2.0 – Advanced Floral Ecommerce

Florist 2.0 is an advanced ecommerce platform designs specifically to enable florists to create a unique online presence. With a host of features, the Florist 2.0 package allows florists to showcase their own flair and style while maintaining a search-friendly website.

Features:
  • Custom Design: Each site will have its own unique design, not a template shared with thousands of other florists.
  • Easy to manage product catalogue: Add, Edit and Manage your own selection of products
  • Search products by Colour, Flower or Plant, Occasion, Price Range or Keyword
  • Multiple product configuration options: Create products with different sizes, prices, containers or options.
  • Upsell Add-ons: Unlimited number of add-on items, tied to each product to entice customers to purchase relevant impulse buy items.
  • Delivery options: Create and manage your own delivery options and pricing, to offer the same level of personalized service you would give a customer in your shop.
  • Product Delivery Time: Mark special items with longer preparation time as available only for future delivery times.
  • Product Ratings: Registered customers can rate products based on their satisfaction level.
  • User Reviews: Over 85% of online shoppers look for and trust user reviews, and now your customers can express their love for each product they order.
  • Gallery: Show off your creativity by creating galleries for your special events and unique designs.
  • Self Publishing: Create and publish an unlimited number of informational articles in as many categories as you like. Registered customers can leave comments on your articles, to further user engagement.
  • Blog: Your own blog, set up and hosted on your site.
  • Communication: Customers can track orders and communicate with the florist through the website, providing a centralized record of all communication.
  • Newsletter: Integrated newsletter management for marketing to website customers.
Benefits:
  • Deal with people you know: Strider Inc. is the owner and operator of FlowerChat.com.
  • No wire service affiliation: You are never tied to a wire service.·No per order fees
  • No confusing packages or options
  • Support from people in the floral industry: Every employee of Strider Inc. has spent time working in a flower shop.
  • Constant community-based development: The Florist 2.0 platform is constantly evolving, based on a long list of features assembled by the Strider Inc. team and the florist community.
  • Innovation incentives: Users that suggest great features will receive free hosting & support when their feature is implemented.
We are dedicated to providing the best florist ecommerce option at a reasonable price, enabling florists to represent themselves as well online as you do in your store.

Pricing:
  • Setup $999
    • Unique custom site design[FONT=&quot]o[/FONT]Domain name registration or transfer
    • Site and blog setup and configuration
    • 1 Hr phone consultation with an SEO professional from Strider Inc. ($300 value)
    • Unlimited email addresses with your domain name
  • Hosting and Support $79.95 / month
    • Site hosting and daily backups
    • SSL certificate for secure online purchasing
    • Access to the support forums on FlowerChat
    • Access to the Florist 2.0 wiki manual
    • All platform updates
Special Bonus:
Purchase a Florist 2.0 ecommerce website from Strider Inc. and receive two Travel Spectacular vouchers, each redeemable for two complimentary roundtrip airline tickets to destinations around the world (see details) – one for you (because every florist needs a vacation!) and one to give away to promote your new website.

Sample Site
You can always view the latest version of the Florist 2.0 platform on our development site, www.demoflowershop.com.

For sales information or to have your questions answered you can call Strider Inc. at 800-314-8895 or email [email protected].

The much anticipated launch is finally upon us............

What else can be said other than Ryan Rocks !:headbang:
:yourock::yourock::yourock::yourock::yourock::yourock:

Time to spin our creative wheels !

Why, thank you :)

It's been nearly 6 months of work, but I'm really happy with the project. Of course, I have a laundry list of tools and features I want to add, but if I kept after that list we'd have the awesomest product every, and never launch it. I'm also really looking forward to developing a community of users invested in developing the product. You folks have so many good ideas that I can't wait to hear what you'll suggest.

In a way, it's like reliving my time with MAS. Really sharp users pooling ideas to improve a product that dedicated to getting the latest features to market the soonest. We're about creating and deploying the best website platform on the market, with the help of our customers.

Ryan

I have a question about the appearance of the site.

I understand that each site will be individuallyy set up.

Not being a web builder, or really understanding the process all that well, I look at your sample and think the design template would be as shown - this box here, that box there, these photos in this spot, the nav bar across the page as shown .... Is any of that type of design stuff able to be customized to different positions on the page?

There are certain elements of other florist sites that I like, including flash in limited use. Is that an option?

In relation to appearance, the background colors can be changed?
The fonts can be changed?
The font sizes can be changed?

Orders are relayed by e-mail, or fax, or both?

Support - is the forum support the only support? Is there phone support available, inclusive in the support fee, or is it additional?
I don't know what a "wiki manual" is - can you clarify for the newbie :) ?

Sorry for all the questions, just trying to still understand how these options work.

Frank,

RKF Web Marketing grew into Strider Inc., and I am still the owner.

Strider Inc. is a group assembled from the best people I've worked with a freelance web guy and SEO for a number of years. We have a team of very skilled programmers, myself and Jim Stowe (a recently added FlowerChat Admin) handling SEO, coders and graphics / flash animation people.

Everyone in the direct employ of Strider Inc. has worked in a flower shop, so we understand the small-business environment. Rather than target large corporate SEO work, Strider Inc. was designed to provide internet marketing services for small business clients.

Hope that answers your question :)

Ryan

Is any of that type of design stuff able to be customized to different positions on the page? In relation to appearance, the background colors can be changed? The fonts can be changed? The font sizes can be changed?
The design is customized to your preference. That includes colour scheme, positioning of the design elements, fonts (within reason - not all fonts are usable on the web) and sizing.

There are certain elements of other florist sites that I like, including flash in limited use. Is that an option?
Absolutely. Flash is an additional cost, but is certainly option to include in the design. Our sample template has two image areas that could be set up to contain flash banners. Other options are available, depending on your customized design.

Orders are relayed by e-mail, or fax, or both?
Orders are relayed by email. Fax will be an option in the future, if there is demand.

Support - is the forum support the only support? Is there phone support available, inclusive in the support fee, or is it additional?
The support forum is the primary support option, but customers are always welcome to contact Strider Inc. by phone - especially in a critical situation. Posting in the forum keeps the user community more in touch with the product development. Other users may have encountered the same problem or question, or may have identified solutions that we have not. This also gives us the ability to prioritize our development goals by gauging what is most desired by the users.

What is a "wiki manual?"
Essentially, a wiki is a collaborative environment that leads to a collection of knowledge. In this case, instead of creating a static written document that will go out of date with each change to the program, we have created a live online document that is editable by any Strider Inc employee and by some Florist 2.0 users. All users will be able to post comments, questions and suggestions on the wiki pages, helping us to tailor the documentation for the users.

This looks realy interesting, thanks.

Are there any foreseeable issues with using this platform for a UK based business??
I've been thinking about your question as we would love to serve the UK market as well. The only issues I can think of involve the different address formatting, and any tax regulations on internet commerce in the UK.

Do you have to charge tax on flowers ordered online? How about the delivery fee?

Ryan

Do you have to charge tax on flowers ordered online? How about the delivery fee?

Ryan

Hmmm, this rather depends.

We don't have sales tax per se, but we do have Value Added Tax (VAT).

Not all businesses are VAT registered, you have to have a turnover of approx £63k before you have to register.

In our case, we are VAT registered so everything that goes out the door has VAT added at 17.5%

I hope that makes sense, I'm still struggling with the whole VAT thing myself.....

Regards

Nick

Hmmm, this rather depends.

We don't have sales tax per se, but we do have Value Added Tax (VAT).

Not all businesses are VAT registered, you have to have a turnover of approx £63k before you have to register.

In our case, we are VAT registered so everything that goes out the door has VAT added at 17.5%

I hope that makes sense, I'm still struggling with the whole VAT thing myself.....

Regards

Nick
Ok - In that case, the only issue would be the address formatting. We'll certainly look at developing a version that supports UK addresses in the near future.

Ryan

How would this benefit us if we already have a web site, albeit ws provided?
The benefit is gaining a site that is fully under your control, not tied to a wire service. You can still use WS images as long as you are a member, although you will now also be able to use your own images. Florist 2.0 gives you a search-engine friendly site where you control the content.

What kind of steps would be necessary to make the transition?
After you sign up our designers will work on your custom site design. When the design is completed you can start populating the site with your unique content - products, articles, gallery images, blog posts - and launch the site to the public when you're ready.

How long would a redirect have to be in place before totally cutting the ws tie?
I would suggest keeping the same domain name. We'll set up redirects for the URLs of the content pages on your WS site and point them to the relevant pages on your new site.

Would a change affect the se rankings already in place?
There is always the possibility - even likelyhood - of a change in ranking when you switch over a website. The good news is that it's much more likely to be a positive change in the long run. A short term dip is a possibility.

Would we have to secure another different url/web address and use both during a transition?

That's an option, but not one I recommend. You have branded and built trust in your current URL. Why start over?

What is the difference between our existing web page and florist 2.0?
Control of content, customer interaction with ratings, reviews and comments, integrated blog, order tracking, search engine friendliness - that's the short list.

How much time will it take to keep 2.0 page current and up to date?
That depends on how much you want to update. If you want to run daily specials, post daily to your blog, adjust the online products to match your in-store inventory ... then plan on investing 1-2 hours a day.

If you want to post articles occasionally, update the catalogue seasonally,then plan on 1-2 hours per month.

If you want to set it and forget it - buy a different product ;) Or, better yet, don't bother with a website, because any site needs TLC to thrive.

Do we have to know how to program or html or other technical stuff?
No - The articles are published using a WYSIWYG editor, very similar to the one we use here on FlowerChat - just with more buttons.

This might be the best way to sever the ws ties.
Yes, it is. Combine Florist 2.0 with a compatible independent POS and you have significantly reduced your exposure to WS control, and freed yourself to get the best deals from them since you're not locked into longterm deals.

What if you don't have your own pictures, where do you start?
With a digital camera :) You can use WS images, John Henry images, whatever you like.

Can it be a work in progress?
It should be - every website is, just as your storefront is a work in progress.

Ryan,

Week to two weeks and we'll talk.
Gonna give this a go !

ManorMan

Ryan,

Week to two weeks and we'll talk.
Gonna give this a go !

ManorMan
Excellent - I'm in NYC next week for SES NY and then back in the office for some serious work after that.

Ryan