florist wanabees

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul

Nov 2, 2002
Toronto
www.lakeshoreflowers.com
A few days ago I read the thread started by the basement betty who couldn't get a wholesaler to service her "from home" operation. It has bothered me ever since.

First off there are three local housewives in my area who now get all the weddings in town which they happily do for a fraction of what I would have to charge. This is not good for the "real" florists in town who carry the tax load. In Toronto when you go to a supplier you just have to accept the fact that you will probably bump into many non-florists shopping at the same places you do. Who has time to fight it?

And secondly...the appeal of this board was that it was to be private and I thought exclusive to "real" florists. The thought of those three local housewives who are stealing my wedding business being allowed to participate here just does not sit well.

Perhaps this issue has already been discussed, but like the rest of us "real" florists... it's kind of busy now...and I just can't keep up the way I'd like to.

From the house....

Ryan, does, I think a good job of patrolling the membership, takes a bit of time to weed out the "Homies", and those mascarading...

Don;t lose hope, this forum, is fast becoming the BEST place on the net, for florist to florist discussion, with no intervention from Big Brother...

And, if they care to take part, even the BIG2 will find things of interest from a REAL FLORISTS perspective....

Have a great day !!

Originally posted by Paul
And secondly...the appeal of this board was that it was to be private and I thought exclusive to "real" florists. The thought of those three local housewives who are stealing my wedding business being allowed to participate here just does not sit well.

Perhaps this issue has already been discussed, but like the rest of us "real" florists... it's kind of busy now...and I just can't keep up the way I'd like to.

Paul,

Our friend Jenno has been banned from the board. I was willing to hear from someone with a different perspective, but Jenno's attitude quickly changed my mind. As much as we are able, every new member is verified as being involved in the floral trade. I have queried some whom I can't verify - most don't ever answer, or return to the board.

ACTUALLY THE IRS HAS A REWARD PROGRAM

If you identify and turn in someone not properly reporting their income. This is a case where sometimes a word to big brother might do some good!
Clark

Status
Not open for further replies.