Announcement FlowerChat Awards Winners in 10th Anniversary Prize Giveaway!

Gina B Kellogg

Pro Member
Sep 30, 2011
Overland Park
www.hottcornflakes.com
State / Prov
KS
FlowerChat Awards Winners in 10[SUP]th[/SUP] Anniversary Prize Giveaway

Michigan florist is big winner in celebration of industry milestone

Toronto, Ontario, Canada, Nov. 5, 2012: Logging on to your favorite website can be satisfying enough in its own right. You’re getting information you crave, interacting with others who have similar interests and indulging in a few minutes away from the harried workday.

But those rewards can become tangible when that website is holding a contest in honor of its 10[SUP]th[/SUP] Anniversary. Then, your online efforts can net you some fancy goodies, too.

Such was the case recently when www.FlowerChat.com, the No. 1 online forum for floral professionals, announced the winners in its 10[SUP]th[/SUP] Anniversary Prize Giveaway.

First place, and winner of a Kindle Fire HD tablet computer, was “BigVic” Victor West of Vanessa's Flowers (Plymouth, Mich.).

Second place and winners of one-year Pro-level memberships to FlowerChat, were:
· Linda Pawlik, CFD, MNCF, of Any-Time Flowers (West St. Paul, Minn.)
· Clay Atchison of McAdams Floral (Victoria, Texas).

Third place, pulling in some sweet $25 gift certificates to the FlowerChat Swag Depot, were:
· Susan and Bill Felch of The Blumenhaus (Park Falls, Wis.)
· Helen Dearborn Halloran, Concord Flower Shop (Concord, Mass.).

Winners were chosen in a drawing among those whose names were entered based on their activity on the site. Members simply had to log in to their FlowerChat accounts, and they were automatically entered into the drawing. Then, by starting and/or getting involved in discussions in the site’s forums, they increased the number of entries they earned in the drawing.

Ryan Freeman, founder and administrator of FlowerChat, said he was so humbled by the number of individuals and companies who sent congratulations on the milestone. But he was more pleased by the level of activity among members on the site. Most members don’t need much encouragement to visit the site and participate, he says. Nevertheless, it was nice to see their response to the contest, as well as being able to offer a way to say thanks for the support.
“Our members are some of the savviest, wisest individuals in the floral industry,” Freeman says. “They know what’s going on, what’s important, and they are passionate about sharing that information with others—not to mention their opinions about it.

“We never imagined how much the site and the industry as a whole would grow in 10 years. It’s very gratifying to see how everyone is out to work together and help the industry become better and more successful.”

# # #

About the company: FlowerChat is the online home to thousands of florists, wholesalers, service providers and others in the floral industry. For additional information, visit www.flowerchat.com. Corporate offices: 6-6150 Highway 7, Suite 400, Woodbridge, ON L4H 0R6. Phone: 800.314.8895.

It's hard to believe it's been 10 years.... CONGRATS too all the winners....

Reactions: theRKF
Congratulations to Flowerchat, and congratulations to all the winners!!
I love Flowerchat, which is kind of hard to tell lately, I've been quiet for just about a year now, but I'm just about back to normal, and you'll be seeing more of me.

Reactions: theRKF
what a wonderful milestone, I have always said, that Ryan and the gang at flowerchat are the reason I have had success in this business.After 25 years working for a major department store management department, I came into the floral industry by chance, but stayed due to the fact I had somewhere to turn for knowledge and fellowship. Friendships that span boarders, the privilege of meeting many florists in person as a result, from other countries, I would have never had the opportunity to meet if it wasnt for this forum and its leadership. Well done Ryan, your efforts have resulted in empowering an newbie 12 years ago, to make a go of it in this industry, not as a designer, but as a manager with the knowledge of how to lead people and at the same time create other leaders, and to have some where to turn to gain the knowledge of floral related technologies, to keep up to date on the issues of florists and be given the contacts to expand that knowledge. I will always hold you in the highest regard and will be forever grateful of your creation of this forum. Congratulations on ten years! Here's to many more years of success.

<!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: dbtech_usertag_mention -->@RKF<!-- END TEMPLATE: dbtech_usertag_mention --> - WOW!!!! Thanks so much Ryan, not only for the fantastic prize but also for coming up with this concept to begin with. I have learned so much over the last few years and met some really great people too. I too am usually a loser so.....Thank you!

(Like Peggy, I know I have not been around as much as I used to. We've been through the summer from hell with my poor mother ~ prayers for Lucy's recovery and returned health would be MUCH appreciated.)

Congrats to Flowerchat, the greatest florist tool I know of!

Reactions: BOSS and theRKF