Not open for further replies.

theRKF

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2002
striderseo.com
State / Prov
DE
FlowerChat Find-A-Member service is now in full Beta release.

This means I've tried to find any remaining bugs, and can't. It's time to let the masses in!

What in the world is "Find-A-Member??", you ask?

FC-FaM allows FlowerChat members to register for an internal directory. FlowerChat members wishing to send orders to other FC members can use FC-FaM to find out if there is a FlowerChat shop covering the delivery area, and what order transfer options exist for those shops.

I think the site is pretty self-explanitory, but I've included a Live Help icon for those who need help. Of course, I'm always open to feedback on how to improve the system.

For FC-FaM to work, we are going to need lots of members to sign up. Enrollment is optional so please don't feel you have to register if you don't want to.

You can enter FlowerChat's Find-A-Member service at:
www.flowerchat.com/findamember

Log in using your FlowerChat username and password. From the main page you'll be able to add your listing.

Ryan Freeman
FlowerChat.com Admin

Future Updates Will Include:

*ASB listings
*Shop photos
*Listing last updated time stamp

+ Any good ideas I get from you guys!

At this point, FC-FaM is not an order relay service, just a look-up service for FlowerChat Members. Future demand may result in such a service being set up, but this would involve participating florists agreeing to certain software and procedural requirements.

Pretty nice option. Thanks for the opportunity to do more business with the FINE folks on this board.
When we can show ASB's, that will be even better.
Okay, now for a question...
I submitted my info and then tried looking at other listings. When I click on Sunrise, Florida...the top line of the listing says, "There aren't any listings for Crete, Florida"...I'm in Crete in Illinois.
Have I done something wrong???

Mine is all done, and I checked the info and I like it. The only thing Ryan is when I clicked on my web address, It went directly to my address. Would it be better if it open another page to view the web site than loosing that 1st page.
I hope I am explaining it properly.
Luc

Originally posted by Holly
Sorry Ryan, what it really says is
"Shops serving Crete, FL"
and then the form is blank.

Thanks ... I'll try to fix that ASAP.

Ryan tried Map Quest , they have me about 3 miles from where we are located. Thats not one of your projects is it?

Sunny ... sorry, MapQuest isn't under my domain. I usually find them to be fairly accurate, but in rural Canada they tend to miss a little bit.

The map has us in it's cross hairs. Good job.
What about other places we go to ie: Thornhill, Richmond Hill, Scarborough can I list under these seperately or just add them to my main listing?
D.

ASB Listings are coming soon - hang in there :)

OK - maybe not so soon. I'm working in Moncton all next week so the programming time is going to be limited.

But maybe the following week?

Ryan, How can I join your team to install Daisy System.
I would'nt mind that a bit....
Luc

Originally posted by Infinite
FlowerChat Find-A-Member service is now in full Beta release.

This means I've tried to find any remaining bugs, and can't. It's time to let the masses in!

What in the world is "Find-A-Member??", you ask?

FC-FaM allows FlowerChat members to register for an internal directory. FlowerChat members wishing to send orders to other FC members can use FC-FaM to find out if there is a FlowerChat shop covering the delivery area, and what order transfer options exist for those shops.

I think the site is pretty self-explanitory, but I've included a Live Help icon for those who need help. Of course, I'm always open to feedback on how to improve the system.

For FC-FaM to work, we are going to need lots of members to sign up. Enrollment is optional so please don't feel you have to register if you don't want to.

You can enter FlowerChat's Find-A-Member service at:
www.flowerchat.com/findamember

Log in using your FlowerChat username and password. From the main page you'll be able to add your listing.

Ryan Freeman
FlowerChat.com Admin

I clicked on your link and typed in my info and it just flickered and took me nowhere. I do want to sign up. Help!

The last time I needed my username and password you emailed themto me and I have them here on the front of my computer so they should be correct. ?????

Thanks!

Patty,

If the log in was not accepted, it should tell you why. Look for an error message. Also, make sure you use proper upper and lower case letters for your username and password.

Ryan, I tried it again and I am using upper and lower case correctly. I click enter and it flashes and empties my info. No words appear telling me anything. Really!

OK ... next possibility ...

Do you have your browser set to accept cookies?

Try making FlowerChat.com a "trusted site."

In Internet Explorer:
Tools -> Internet Options -> Security -> Trusted Sites -> Sites... -> *.flowerchat.com -> Add

Oooooops!

I just noticed the user name and password I was looking at here on the front of my monitor are for flowerchat LIVE CHAT - not just flowerchat. I don't know why I didn't see the whole thing - sorry:hammer:

I looked in all my emails and I do not have my username and password anywhere. It always just goes right to flowerchat and don't need to sign in, so will you please email or PM me the username and password I have on file.

Thanks Ryan!!!:SUI: Seriously, it's only coffee I'm drinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.