FlowerChat Member Directory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I had same issue when I did my second store so for time being I used one of my mis-spelled versions of my site that point to the main site I will correct the address once this has been fixed. I have a third store to list but will wait for the fix to be done first.

Ok, fix is done.

I have a request ... PLEASE, folks, try to follow format. If you have questions, read the PDF file in the first post in this thread. We're getting to the point that incorrect listings will just be deleted. It takes longer for an admin to correct your listing than for you to read the instructions before listing.

Ryan

Hi Melissa,
I think the directory can be used as just that, a listing of all the flowerchat florists, regardless of a website. It would just have your business listing information. I don't know if the keywords would still be relevant? I'm sure one of our great leaders here will pop in to correct me if I'm wrong.

tracy

PS- it was great meeting you yesterday and thanks so much for those suppliers! We will definitely check them out. See you again ... take care!

The directory is geared towards florists with websites. You can list yourself with a fake domain name (something like www.NoWebsiteYetStayTuned.com), but this is only a short-term solution. You really should have a website. Soon!

Ryan

It's unfortunate, but when we upgrade FlowerChat (to add features and for security purposes) there is the potential to conflict with or "break" other features we've added. You never know until you upgrade whether or not something will break.

Upgrading the FC core software has to be our top concern, since it affects the security and integrity of our community.

Ryan

I know this thread is kind of old news, but I thought with all of the new members popping up over the past few months, it might be a good idea to bump it.

If you have a website, you can list your shop information on this directory. And if you're looking for a shop, it would be a good place to start looking for one. Personally, I would really love to see more of our members take this opportunity to list their shops. Please read the thread, and the How-to info to learn more about how easy it is to get your shop up here. Remember, it's open to the public as well.

tracy

Joe Mioux from another thread said:
That directory is a good idea

The problem that I see is that it isn't very prominent. Do new (or even older) members know about the directory? Probably not.

This is one of these projects that will take time to develop and maybe some frequent reminders from time-to-time.

Joe
Time for the weekly reminder - all you new members, and old members who haven't found this yet - there is a free directory to list your shop website information. The directory is able to be viewed by consumers, and of course other members of Flowerchat.

Just a reminder, viable web-links to your website will help it be found much easier by consumers. Not to mention that FC florists, like myself, would love to send orders - wire or 100% - to other FC members whenever possible.

Please take the time to enter your shop - especially in light of the upcoming holiday!

tracy

okay...yay you all...amazing hard work and well done...now for my silly question of the day...............
I am in the "old" ? directory...do I have to do a new listing??
hmmmm.....
thanks,
Jeannie

No Jeannie, you're still HERE. :)

Ryan, maybe part of this issue is that members don't always look <>around<>
the whole site, but only look at the new posts, or search area? They don't quite make it to the forum list area, and therefore aren't seeing the directory? Is there a way to maybe put a button thingy up in the green navigator bar, by the member list?

Just a thought.

tracy

Button thingys sound a bit kinky but might work !

Thanks tracy!
wasn't quite sure if it was a whole new ball o wax or what...!
hope everybody posts...so nice to send orders to an FC shop!
yay spring!
jeannie

You can also add in the some section of the order that you are a Real Florist.

I have done this and actually had some FC'rs pm me thanking me for the order.

Joe

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.