Not open for further replies.

theRKF

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2002
striderseo.com
State / Prov
DE
The FlowerChat Member Directory (version 1) is ready for action!

A link is available now in the Site Navigation section of www.FlowerChat.com. A link will also be available shortly on the Navigation Bar across the top of each page. You can also access the directory directly at www.flowerchat.com/links.

Listing your business is very straight forward, but for the sake of proper formatting we ask that you view the attached PDF first. Please post all questions in this thread and we will try to adress them as soon as possible.

Here are a few guidelines:
1) You may list multiple times, once for each city you serve, or you can list once in your main city and list other serviced cities in your listing.
This is a local directory, so please only list towns that you actually drive to on a regular basis. Anyone caught trying OG stuff in this directory will be banned from the directory and face a suspension from FlowerChat. How you market on your time is your business, but the purpose of this directory is to list local businesses.
2) Spelling and grammar are important.
3) All listings are moderated. This means your listing will not appear right away. It must be approved, and this takes a little bit of time. Please do not resubmit 12 times because you don't see your listing within 30 seconds.
4) We hope to add an image field for store pictures in the near future.

We look forward to your feedback!

Ryan & the FlowerChat Admin Team

Attachments

• FlowerChat Member Directory How.pdf
    261 KB · Views: 341
Very exciting!

So happy to see this coming about ... thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou!

1) Member directory - will we be able to search towns, or just browse alphabetically within the state chosen?
2) Member directory - Some of our keywords (towns mostly) are 2 words, and thus they show up individually as opposed to a phrase. Does this matter, or should I change the way they are put into the entry?
3)Vendor directory - is this for us to list vendors we prefer/suggest, or for vendors to list themselves?

Thank you again ... suggestion - an e-mail poke to all of the FC members, telling them about the FC directory, much like the e-mail about the M-day postcards. I had joined a year ago, and gotten busy with business, so I forgot all about FC till I got my "poke". That little message got me here - might be worth another effort for this directory. Just a thought.
tracy:yourock:

Just a reminder that shop listings can be seen both on the public and password-protected sides of FlowerChat.

Tracy, regarding search - it's located on the far right of the upper nav bar. When opened, you can search by a variety of parameters - city, keyword, minimum, Spring postcard participation, wire service and several others. I used your city name - Barnegat - and your listing appeared, citing the keyword you entered.

Good question about the two-word cities. We'll look into it. Might be handy for New York and Los Angeles. ;)

Tracy,

The email "poke" is definitely coming, don't you worry! Now that we've moved out of the beta phase (having admins play with it) we're opening to "early adopters" - those who pay attention and like new stuff. After we've handled higher volume for a bit we'll push to the masses.

Ryan

Ryan, I'm sorry I was looking at the "how to" page and had to leave and then forgot to finish when I came back. I entered my info and forgot to add delivery charges and also I think I entered website name wrong. How do you list under other cities or zip codes. We deliver to over 50 zip codes because detroit has so many plus all the suburbs. Sorry, I hate to be a pain.

:redface2:
*note to self - READ the WHOLE post before asking silly questions!*
Thank you Cathy - Got the hang of search.

Now how do I amend my description, so that it is consumer readable? sorry for the double work ... I was just so excited!
tracy

To amend your description or other information, go to your original post on this page under your country/state. Scroll to the bottom of the post and you should see an 'edit' button on the right. Select it and make the corrections - then select 'save changes' (located at the bottom of the page).

It's basically like editing a post here in the forum. :)

Okey dokey. Thank you again. :)
tracy

Thanx to all!!!

Hey guys an gals----
Hats off to you all who worked on this...its the best thing that has happened since oasis appeared in the industry. Yes I come from the time when sno-pac and shredded styro was used!
This directory is really great and will save a great amount of time for us WS free shops to locate shops that are aware of whats happening today and believe in the industry like it use to be. I have learned a great deal from you all and I thank you.

Attention

I notice looking through those that have already entered their data that most of you need to go in and EDIT your listing to follow THIS FORMAT:

Midland - Smith's Flowers And Gifts

The way the directory search works, searching for city name will supply the fastest, most accurate results. Also, when a CONSUMER (remember the directory is open to the public) or a florist looks in a State/Province listing they will see the CITY NAME and not have to click on listings until they find someone in the area they are looking for.

Also, everyone should check, as there have been more fields added to the listing page. To edit your listing, pull it up, and at the bottom right there is an edit button.

Have a great day, and thanks for your continued support...

Reactions: 1 person
Ryan,
A question about the "rating" aspect on the directory site ... I'm trying to understand what the rating is for exactly, that is what purpose it serves for a florist directory. I understand within the FC community that "reputation" and those little green dots, serve to indicate which members are well respected, and are deemed to be reliable sources for information about the industry. But I don't understand how a rating applies to listing the flower shops, especially with consumers being able to access the directory, and there not being a clear indication for them to understand what the rating is for or how a rating is determined. I see a text box pop up when I linger over the stars, that says "votes", but I don't see an option anywhere to be able to vote. Is the "vote" a portion of the site only a consumer can see, not meant to be accessed by members?

tracy
ps - sending out my Dove orders, in special instructions, I mention flowerhcat.com to try and get the word out. I know there are shops out there who can use the info here, if they just knew about it.

From the Detail view each link has a rating button in the top-right. This lets FC members who use the florists rate their service. Just because someone is a member of FlowerChat doesn't guarantee they are an above average shop (just a smarter florist!), and this also provides a means for florists to acknowledge those within the industry that provide excellent service.

Ryan

Tracypieface said:
I mention flowerhcat.com to try and get the word out
;) I hope flowerchat.com is spelled properly in your dove message ;) <jokes> Seriously, this is a great way to spread the word about FlowerChat. All our Mercury messages are tagged with a FlowerChat message as well. Good job!!

Infinite said:
From the Detail view each link has a rating button in the top-right.

Okay, got the rating thingy now.

Infinite said:
I hope flowerchat.com is spelled properly in your dove message ;) <jokes>

Doh!! my bad. Spelling is a huge pet peeve for me.

tracy

Just a reminder for those of you that have not signed up yet. This directory IS open to the public, and the added INbound link to your store web site will help with your sites page rank.

I would urge every FC member to utalize this free tool....

Tracypieface said:
Ryan,
A question about the "rating" aspect on the directory site ... I'm trying to understand what the rating is for exactly, that is what purpose it serves for a florist directory. I understand within the FC community that "reputation" and those little green dots, serve to indicate which members are well respected, and are deemed to be reliable sources for information about the industry.

Wow! I never realized that the members of FC have "reputations." I found this thread http://www.flowerchat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3693&highlight=reputations
particulary enlightening and so absolutely hysterical...I laughed so hard, I cried. Whew! What a relief to find my "reputation" was "NavyBrat will become famous soon enough." My family and friends would probably provide a more accurate description for my "reputation."

Mark & Ryan-Thanks for providing the florist directory. I will definetly add my info next week. You're the tops!

NavyBrat said:
Mark & Ryan-Thanks for providing the florist directory. I will definetly add my info next week. You're the tops!

Don't forget CHR, Mikey & Mlou - it's a team effort!

Ryan

Help please!

The first post in this thread says we can list multiple times, once for each city we serve. We're in an area with lots of little cities all side by side so I went to add the 2nd city of many and I got this error message:
<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=tcat>The following errors occurred when this message was submitted: </TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt1><!--POSTERROR do not remove this comment-->
<!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: newpost_errormessage -->
  1. The URL (http://www.daisypetal.com) is already in our database. We're sorry, but duplicate URL's are not allowed.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

What to do? Same website, same URL for all cities.

Thanks!

Infinite said:
Don't forget CHR, Mikey & Mlou - it's a team effort!

Ryan

My apologies! Wouldn't want to overlook anyone on this team! You are all to be commended for your time, effort and dedication. It is with much appreciation that I tip my hat to all of you! Thank you!

Lady Biker Florist said:
The first post in this thread says we can list multiple times, once for each city we serve. We're in an area with lots of little cities all side by side so I went to add the 2nd city of many and I got this error message:
<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=tcat>The following errors occurred when this message was submitted: </TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt1><!--POSTERROR do not remove this comment-->
<!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: newpost_errormessage -->
  1. The URL (http://www.daisypetal.com) is already in our database. We're sorry, but duplicate URL's are not allowed.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

What to do? Same website, same URL for all cities.

Thanks!
Yup, just found that problem myself last night.

I'll post when that situation is fixed :)

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.