Announcement FlowerChat Terms Of Use

BOSS

FlowerChat Administrator
Oct 31, 2002
Midland
www.smithsflowers.com
State / Prov
MI
Several people today have mentioned the TOU to me, so I thought I'd post them again. These are the same TOU each of us agreed to when we signed up for FlowerChat. By posting them here, I am not implying anything, simply satisfying some members wish to see them. They are visible to anyone, by logging out and going through the registration process.
Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Register' button below. If you would like to cancel the registration, click here to return to the forums index.
By applying for membership to FlowerChat Community - by Strider Inc you agree that at least one of the following qualifications applies to you:

• I own a retail florist business
  • I am employed by a retail florist business
  • I am / work for a company that provides services or products to florists
  • I own a home-based floral business that is a registered legal business
  • I am a freelance designer that works on contract with florists
  • I am a teacher / educator / trainer offering instruction to the floral industry
  • I am in or related to the floral industry in a manner other than those listed above, and will explain in further detail later
Failure to qualify under one of the above reasons will result in your application being rejected.
Further, you certify that you have not been previously banned from FlowerChat.
Forum Rules
Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Register' button below. If you would like to cancel the registration, click here to return to the forums index.
Although the administrators and moderators of FlowerChat Community - by Strider Inc will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of FlowerChat Community - by Strider Inc, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.
By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.
FlowerChat limits every person to one (1) membership account. Registering additional accounts shall be deemed abuse and the offending member and all pseudonyms may be permanently banned from membership.
The following offences are grounds for a permanent ban:

• Abuse of other members
  • Registering under false pretenses
  • Providing false registration information
  • Spamming or soliciting business from other members, except through the designated venues
  • Unlicensed copying or use of other member's copyrighted material
  • Any other anti-social or unprofessional behaviour as deemed by the Administrative Team
The owners of FlowerChat Community - by Strider Inc reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

mark, thank you for posting this.

I had a hard time finding it anywhere on the forum. Is it available on the forum or is it just a one time agreement that we read and then never see again?

If it is the former, I would like to see it placed somewhere where it can be reviewed on a frequent basis when problems arise. I think it might help with some of the questions you are fielding today.

joe

I don't see where Bloomzie violated terms of use.

Considering he has always used an ambiguous address, this issue should have been dealt with back in Nov 2002 when he signed up.

Not dealing with the issue back then implies that he was not violating any TOS.... up until yesterday.

joe

I would like to see it placed somewhere where it can be reviewed on a frequent basis when problems arise. I think it might help with some of the questions you are fielding today.

joe
It is now. I made this a "sticky post" in the Announcements section, so it will always be "top of list", may move it to the "new Here" tab above next week.

And you're welcome.

Reactions: Joe Mioux
another spot might be down at the very bottom where it says "contact us"

I belong to several other forums and that is where they have placed the TOS.

while we are on the subject, now might be a good time to better define TOS. add, modify etc, because everyone is thinking about it.

I don't see where Bloomzie violated terms of use.

Considering he has always used an ambiguous address, this issue should have been dealt with back in Nov 2002 when he signed up.

Not dealing with the issue back then implies that he was not violating any TOS.... up until yesterday.

joe

Not every detail or communication has been made in public. You only see the end result because it is very public.