flowerjosh Intro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Methinks you may have to explain yourself a bit more if you are going to get meaningful advice here. However from my perspective, being based on the other side of the puddle where the wire services sort of make money, I am more than happy to tell you all sorts of interesting things but as I said to the man at Bain and Co my charge out rate is $500 an hour.
Kind regards,
Caroline Marshall - Foster

Reactions: 2 people
you could always put a bid in for FTD when it goes down for sale again:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Here's more info about me...

I work for an investment firm that invests in public and private companies. I heard about this forum from a few florists. I was just hoping to learn more about the floral business as I have been researching the industry. I am most interested in learing about some of the issues / problems that florists are having with the wire services and the online 'drop ship' companies. Hopefully I can contribute some knowledge as well, but if not, I understand. Best regards.

Reactions: 1 person
I see he's a registered user now

I guess I rest my case on Mr Malik

I was just hoping to learn more about the floral business as I have been researching the industry. .....Hopefully I can contribute some knowledge as well......

HI Josh -

I am interested in what type of researching you have been doing. What you have learned so far? Please give us more specifics - Consumer trends/buying habits? Sales statistics? Markets and channels? etc...

Two recent books to read for good info on todays flower industry:
  • "Flower Confidential - The Good, The Bad and the Beautiful in the Business of Flowers" by Amy Stewart
  • "Favored Flowers - Culture and Economy in a Global System" by Catherine Ziegler.
Both are highly reccomended in order to get a grasp of the floriculture industry in todays' world.

Valerie

And what do we have to expect from this new registered member ?
Just curious !!!!!!!!!!!!

I see he's a registered user now

I guess I rest my case on Mr Malik
Are you saying that an internet OG guru is more valuable than an investment / numbers guy?

Ryan

Yes quite possibly so.

I'd like to know on this particular case. It didn't seem that the people who posted even made a decision to vote...Were there votes cast that people just voted without asking a dang question...I have done this in the past but only when the person is endorsed by another highly reputable member of Fc or the questions were all asked and answered...

WTF????

Not say whether or not I would or would not vote this particular person in..We know nothing other than he might buy a flower shop with no experience and wants to learn about the biz...

maybe we can get some info on what you do already know???

How did he get to be a registered member so quickly?

I did not vote

I'd like to know on this particular case??

In fact I have not voted for any new member in the last two days - think my last one was a UK florist.
C

FlowerJosh,
Are you researching this industry because you (personally) have in interest in buying into it or is the research being done so that you will be able to provide finanical advice to persons thinking of entering the industry?

I am definitely willing to share info as I do the work. I'm trying to understand the impact that mass merchants are having on local florists. Also, I am trying to understand what kind of future their is for the wire services (if any). I am based in Brooklyn.

Well I think it seems as though we'll be able to learn from the research he is doing based on marketing and sales in the field. I think sometimes "older" members are too quick to judge a younger, newer member by what can we get out of them instead of what can we learn from each other.

Well I think it seems as though we'll be able to learn from the research he is doing based on marketing and sales in the field. I think sometimes "older" members are too quick to judge a younger, newer member by what can we get out of them instead of what can we learn from each other.

Don't be too quick to "judge" the "older" members either. All make the same assumptions on occasion.

I haven't voted yet on Josh... because I don't want to jump the gun... and at the moment he doesn't raise any red flags to me.

V

Status
Not open for further replies.