FTD and all of the .com buyouts

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbarb

Oct 31, 2002
Northern CA
State / Prov
California
I find it really interesting that with all of the recent buyouts of .coms that we are not seeing any increase in FTD.com orders. I have only had two FTD.com orders come in this entire month and I only had one in November. You would think with all of the addtional channels that these numbers would increase. Maybe I'm the minority here but it would seem to me that if this is happening everywhere, those buyouts were not a very good investment for FTD.

Jim

You hit 'er on the Noggin!!

big brother...direct ship, with OUR customer base!!
It's a free for all Jim, NO ONE is immune, NO ONE is innocent!!
WE PAY...They collect...still, I believe we'll outlast them ALL!!...Ryan TOO

Attachments

• ss_nature.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 54
that's why you should have a web site in this day and age, and not just any web site but one that is properly designed (search engine friendly)

candle.gif

Wishing you all very MERRY CHRISTMAS from Our Shop to Yours.
"God Bless all the Real Florists"

MY money's on that, we'll see a rather large change in the way orders flow between now and the end of summer....

I know in MY store, direct from CONsumer orders are growing at about the same tempo that orders from florists are dropping...

Since Thanksgiving, we have added 237 NEW names to our database, about 60% from outside our zips, all on CCs, and all at 100%....tis the wave of the future...thusly, the WSs days are numbered....

Too many folks get burned EVERY holiday from the .CONs, when they place an order, expect it to be filled, and it does not get delivered because some of us have our priorities right...and the next time...the CONsumer will contact a local REAL FLORIST to have their feelings expressed !

We'll never stop the .CONs completely, but know this...they can NOT survive on direct ship items alone, we controll the flow, and they need us, it's just a matter of time, before a better soloution comes along, and that time is gett'n nearer every day....trust me...:cool:

thanks for the Christmas wish bbj.....and the flickering candles in your message....nice!!! who says you are big and bad anyway....
merry christmas!

Status
Not open for further replies.