FTD V-day commercial

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbarb

Oct 31, 2002
Northern CA
State / Prov
California
Ok, Let's get real now! Why would FTD put a commerical on the air that states "even our florists are handpicked" ?

Considering some of the shops that are out there, you would not think that FTD would want to make a statement like this!

With all of the free shop sign ups this past year, all done over the phone. The fact that most shops have not seen an FTD rep in over a year if ever. Why would they make a statement like that?

Lack of credibility has killed more than one business........

Jim

Jim, it's proof that truth isn't always stranger than fiction. Besides, I'd double check the sky if Norton told me it was blue.

Audra

ANY of you guys EVER had a chance at

a heart to heart with BOB "Norton?"
Here's a guy with a 10 year plan, to pick up a zillion pieces, and bad feelings, and animosity, and a sinking business pit,and a directionless organization, with a spiritless leadership,with a pissed off bunch of florists, and ACTUALLY still sailing upright!!
Ever talked to a guy, whose ship was cast adrift, with only HIM on board, and the rest of us standing safely on shore and waving to a "sinking ship"??
Guess what, whatever you think of the guy, and however you think this thing SHOULD have been done, it's now a THRIVING BUSINESS, with integral components, that INCLUDE leadership in technology, in business and agressive relationship nurturing, leadership that caused pain, anguish,and mistrust, as much leadership does??
SOME of us wrote off FTD, and BOB...I for one did not!!
ALL YOU GOTTA DO, is face him in the eyes, and TELL HIM he's wrong in what he had to do, to get this to where it is!!
Because we were unable to grasp his plan, we were turned into a "component" of another...we shot ourselves in the feet again!!
This is no longer an issue of WS vs WS, this is NOW an issue of true leadership...the kind that in the PUBLIC eye, to the investor, that one MUST answer to....and TF ain't it!!
Mike

Originally posted by Peter1
Handpicked blindly. ehehehehy Not to discredit blind people thou.

Too true ... I do think my blind sister would do a better job. She's a no-crap kinda girl.

While I'm on the subject I should mention my aunt, Carol (Martin, Elliott) Solursh. She ran our Markham store for many years before designing the Retail Florist course at Humber College many years back. Carol has been blind for 14 months now, and just recently signed up for skiing lessons with the goal of reaching the special Olympics next time 'round. We're awfully proud :)

Re: ANY of you guys EVER had a chance at

Originally posted by Mikey the Flower Guy
a heart to heart with BOB "Norton?"
Here's a guy with a 10 year plan ...
SOME of us wrote off FTD, and BOB...
Because we were unable to grasp his plan...
Mike

Mikey ...

Bobby ain't got no plan!

Bobby can't decide what he wants ... that's the job of his "gut" remember? The man doesn't have enough forward thinking ability to hold a shift key when he needs a captial letter. If you're putting your eggs in the FTD basket, I sure hope it's for a better reason than Bobby Norton.

10 year plan? I doubt he'll be around by July 2004. He makes Dubya look like Rommell!

I'm not quite sure what TF has to do with a misleading tv commercial, but since you brought it up Mikey, as many faults as TF has I have yet to see them do something as dumb as make a false statement like this on a public advertising campaign.

FTD does not "hand pick" their florists. That is just an out right false statement.

Re: Carol is BLIND???

what happened Ryan??
Mike

MS - 10 yrs ago she lost the vision in her left eye, then Nov 2001 she lost the other eye. Hearing isn't good, either.

Of course, if you know Carol, you know this isn't slowing her down much. She still does home renovation work (including painting Mom's new apartment), still goes on nature walks through her 60 acres of forest, still plays with all her nieces and nephews (they show NO mercy ;) ) - and now is getting back on the slopes.

Re: Re: ANY of you guys EVER had a chance at

Originally posted by Infinite
Mikey ...

The man doesn't have enough forward thinking ability to hold a shift key when he needs a captial letter.

Hmmmmm....consider most of his email responses come from a Blackberry.... do they have shift keys ?

Not in defense...just that facts...

And I too, am not too sure about the "plan" Ryan....

Re: Re: Re: ANY of you guys EVER had a chance at

Originally posted by BOSS
.... do they have shift keys ?

And I too, am not too sure about the "plan" Ryan....

Yes, they do have :)
blackberry-image.gif

The "PLAN" is whatever seems good this week. We're the best of the best, we roll in VNS, we hand-pick our florists, recruit from a phone list ... BAH!

TOO FUNNY :)

A simple yes, would have been good...now I know why I don't have one tho...my fingers are to big to type on that sucker....

Re: We NEED to spaek to Ryan...

about the size of HIS attachments!!

It's a good thing, Mikey ... my gut tells me so.

Well Ryan, I'm not going to complaint because I hadn't a schmeck what a Blackberry was besides a type of fruit.:D

Audra

The use of propaganda relies on the repitition of the biggest lie. The bigger the lie, the more its believed. Mr. Norton can make that statement because in its basic form it's true. They did "hand pick" the members. It's only the method of "picking" that is in question. You may know that it's all B.S.
Who among the members are going to make this a public issue? Wouldn't making it so be determintal to the membership as a whole? Painting the entire membership with one big brush stroke of unrealiablity? I think ol' Bobbie is rolling arround in the swill laughing his A** off. over this. Lying right in your faces, and there isn't a damm thing any of you members can do about it! Unless of cours, the good ones leave. Then the consumer will find out that it was all a pack of lies.

Status
Not open for further replies.