Status
Not open for further replies.

wildflowerschicago

Mar 30, 2008
Palos Heights
www.wildflowerschicago.com
State / Prov
Illinois
I am not sure if this is a common occurance, but I was looking for a Brick & Mortar florist in a small town, and stumbled on their FTd template site. http://www.bonallys.com/

I was blown away to see that 2 of the 3 featured images on the home page were marked "FedEx". WTF?!?!?!? I get the WS using your marketing money to drive traffic to their stie(I don't agree with it, but I get it), but when they place their drop ship crap on your landing page, that seems to cross a line.

I called the shop to place the order and tell them...they had no clue. I told her to call them and rais holy hell!

If you have one of their sites, you may want to check so you are not a FWOAC

Wow that really sucks if they did not even ask for it to be put there.

Here is a florist in my town that has a TF site and has put a direct shipper on his site. Check it out, a dozen roses $48.00 no vase, $13.99 shipping and $20.99 on Saturdays. Why could he not do this himself I wonder? I just don't get it.

Joan

opps here link: http://www.stagnesfloral.com/

I hate to say this, But it just goes to show that : Folks don't keep up with there websites" So sad but try. and Some things make you go UMMMMMMMMMM..

I was thinking things like gourmet baskets and stuff were the webgifts. That is nuts that they would have webgifts that are floral on their site!

they are probably doing what Teleflora does...sets up a site for each shop whether the shop knows or not. If the shop doesn't belong to their find a florist, a dummy front page shows up with the orders going to teleflora.com
I requested mine be taken down time and again (I still check it to see if it pops back up again as I don't take .com orders - don't get them anyway)

I was thinking things like gourmet baskets and stuff were the webgifts. That is nuts that they would have webgifts that are floral on their site!

It's not nuts at all - a huge segment of consumers are buying Fedexed boxes of flowers.

If you have an FOL site - why not tap into it? You still get 20%, a service fee and a rebate.

I'm considering adding boxed webgift flowers to mine, but I doubt I would put them on the front page.

There's a gaggle of them available. Think incremental sales.

When I spoke to the owner, she had NO CLUE they were there....and seemed pretty irritated that 2/3 of her homepage was direct ship. Although, if you aren't going to check your site periodically, you get what you deserve.

I see the appeal of offering gourmet and stuff you may not carry in your store, but to offer things that you regularly have and send out seems like fore-going 73% of an actual order in favor of 20% of a direct ship order...you somewhat become your own competition...JMHO (or maybe I just don't get it). :corky

Wow that really sucks if they did not even ask for it to be put there.

Here is a florist in my town that has a TF site and has put a direct shipper on his site. Check it out, a dozen roses $48.00 no vase, $13.99 shipping and $20.99 on Saturdays. Why could he not do this himself I wonder? I just don't get it.

Joan

opps here link: http://www.stagnesfloral.com/

I knew I'd seen that page of roses before here it is...
http://www.growerflowers.com/default1.asp?id=78&Producttypecategory=18 and 24 Roses
specifically the 24 Fire & Ice roses (same vase, same picture)

Hey - I see they are on the front page of my FOL site as well - apparently what they have decided to use for Easter specials. 3 drop ships along with 3 florist delivery items. Seems to be on all of them where the owner didn't do anything themself.

Since I didn't do it myself - they did it for me.

Funny thing is - I don't mind - I don't use that site much anyway and it was me who didn't do anything about updating it.

So I am also a "victim" of them updating my site for me, or I guess I could think of it as them watching my back. So maybe I'm a "victim" of my own doing?

Doesn't Teleflora do this also - add items they think your site needs for holidays?

Don't you thnk about 95% of thir site owners need this service?

I called the shop to place the order and tell them...they had no clue. I told her to call them and rais holy hell!

If you have one of their sites, you may want to check so you are not a FWOAC
My guess would be that any order placed on an FOL site for a drop ship item never even get's to the florist and is side tracked by FTD, sent out and billed by them so FTD gets the customer.

I mean, anyone that has these things on their site ever gotten an order for one?

Reactions: CHR
One of my florist clients said that is exactly what happens, the order goes directly to FTD and the florist never sees the order. He had that happen to him when a customer-friend of his went to his website, ordered some brand of chocolate that he doesn't carry in his shop, FTD filled the order, and my client heard about it after the fact.

Reactions: Sher, CHR and BOSS
My guess would be that any order placed on an FOL site for a drop ship item never even get's to the florist and is side tracked by FTD, sent out and billed by them so FTD gets the customer.

I mean, anyone that has these things on their site ever gotten an order for one?

I used to use webgifts and I would see every order. It had all the recipient and customer info, including addresses and credit card info. Everything was pretty clear cut.

However, I did have an issue with the quality control of some the webgift products which prompted me to discontinue the program.

Reactions: bloomz

Seriously? C'mon - I haven't had coffee yet.

I used to use webgifts and I would see every order. It had all the recipient and customer info, including addresses and credit card info. Everything was pretty clear cut.

I do too, several times per week.

Seriously? C'mon - I haven't had coffee yet.
Coffee??? I thought you were drinking Kool-Aid....:>

Your original comment on this did not mention "Web-gifts" so I was a bit off base (maybe)...

But I still do not understand the concept of being thankful that some else is changing your web site...Oh I forgot..."they've got your back" (as a target!)

Reactions: Knife's Wife
Stop -yer killin me! :rofl:

They probably should have just left Valentine's Day up there, then florists wouldn't have to worry about updating next year.

Reactions: BOSS
JB -

You can't seriously be arguing that featuring 50% drop-ship products on a local florist's home page is a good idea for the florist.

The margins, the speed of delivery and the quality control issues make them poor choices of featured items - unless you are the hosting company who profits more from their sale than do the local flower shops on whose sites their displayed.

These are clearly not in the best interest of the brick and mortar shops who outsource their web presence to FTD. You really want FTD FedExing tulips for you?

I call ::BS

JB -

You can't seriously be arguing that featuring 50% drop-ship products on a local florist's home page is a good idea for the florist.

I call ::BS
Sure he can....

Forget the Tulips Cathy... How 'bout THIS ONE shipped in a BOX, I can only imagine the quality upon arrival here in Missuagain today where it's only 25 degrees, and I'm not home.

Jon, who do you think the consumer is going to call to complain? Certainly not FTD...

{I declare today... pick on JB day! :poke: }

Status
Not open for further replies.