FTD's Valentines Pricing........

I just put the $19.99 roses in my cart, and the total comes out to $42.57. That does not include a vase, and it gets delivered in a box to the recipient's door. These are basically what we/you sell as cash and carry roses. I'll match the $19.99 with a doz 40cm Charlottes cash and carry, or they can have them arranged (greens, gyp, vase)for $30. This is the same garbage that PF advertises, and it's every year. Yawn. :)

And the other one.... anyone that buys that, well....

Just for clarification ~ the vase is a Steuben. I have a customer who gets one of hers fill a couple times a year. It terrifies me, she paid $1200 for it.

I wonder when FTD made the deal for the vases. This article from last September talks about Steuben closing for good so the vase will only increase in value.

The only part that I found completely unacceptable was the description of the product that goes into it.

Delight and captivate your special recipient with rich, luxuriant blooms that speak your heart's every intention.
18 Stems of premium long-stemmed roses
are elegantly arranged and seated in a keepsake crystal Steuben Glass spiral vase to create the ideal way to convey your deepest emotions.
Includes:
18 stems of 20-inch long-stemmed premium red roses, a stem of seeded eucalyptus
and a collectible crystal Steuben Glass spiral vase.

Your purchase includes a FREE personalized gift message.

FTD... Faking The Dollar, the new dollar store.

Steuben is out of biz...we used to sell it, the only really collectible pieces were made years ago. Oh wait, that FTD sticker on the bottom will make it worth more...

FTD may be stuck with them just like they were with the 10,000 Barbies. Anyone that would buy something like this has a personal florist, doubtful they'd buy from Da CoN.

Wow. Missed the news that Steuben closed. They were true artisans and the shuttering means we lost a bit of beauty in this country. Truly sad.

FTD sending a DYI of short roses with such a piece of artwork is a travesty (but they probably arrive in separate boxes anyway.)

This is actually a great idea. You should always have a "whopper" package. If noone buys it, so what? If you sell one, hell yeah!

Don't ever put a limit on how much your customer can spend.

Reactions: anytimeflowers