Google+ Business Pages are out

Important Note For Google Apps Users
This includes all Florist 2.0 clients

Google made a few recent changes to the way Google Apps accounts work:
  1. Prior to 2011 Google Apps accounts and Google accounts were completely separate
  2. Throughout 2011 Google has been forcibly migrating Google Apps users to Google Accounts (paving the way for a more seamless experience between Google products) <are you with me so far?>
  3. Some Apps users had created Google Accounts using their Apps email address, which created a conflicting account when Google migrated the Apps account <still having fun, right?>
  4. Google was not able to merge the old Google Accounts (used to access Reader, Analytics, Picasa and other services) with the Apps accounts (used for email on your domain, docs, calendars, etc), so they forced all of us to create a new personal Google Account out of the old account, using a different email address.
    Ex: My Google Account under "[email protected]" was changed to "[email protected]" so that my "[email protected]" Apps account could becoming a Google Account.
  5. Further complicating things, until just over a week ago, Google Apps users didn't have full access to Google features like public profiles which are required for using Google+
  6. Now, Google Apps users can access Google+, but we already had G+ accounts from our personal accounts created back in Step 4.
End result? Lots of people with duplicate G+ accounts.

Have no fear, Google is promising a G+ migration tool to clean this up. Should be just a few weeks ... <uh huh>

Thanks Linda... but no delete option.... and the link you posted, does have all the peeps... so.... think I'll wait a bit and see what happens...

Ryan thanks! That was clear as mud :) I do understand it. But when I use my G+ business page I can not access my picasa stuff, but when I use my Lori Barrett page I can. So I am going through the task of manually uploading pictures to my new G+ business page... uggghhh

Lori, I keep my picasa on my pc (my pictures>picasa>picasa exports) and can access it no problem..

Reactions: anytimeflowers
Okay gang after a weekend of researching and looking around I have decided that I want to do something different on G+ then I do on facebook & twitter... I'm just not sure what yet. It's so hard to tell what people will find interesting.

We don't want it to be sales pitch after sales pitch. We try to keep away from that on our other places too... following the 80/20 rule as much as possible.

But we want something different... I'm still thinking. Maybe good how to videos from across the web + our stuff... or more pictures, and discussions. I did see one shop is doing the meaning of flowers, that is cool. I am thinking more tips and tricks then blah blah Secret Garden. Making us the go to for questions and information.

If any of you are doing something unique and different for this outlet let me know please, I would love to hear it.

Reactions: BOSS
Thanks so much Fran!

Also I found this today ~ As of November 15, verified Google + listings will be showing up in search results. I personally think this is a good thing. Posting links to your site, getting some great pictures, and of course information about you. All of this could show up in local search results for your area. We are going to try to work in key words every now and then. Like next time you are looking for a florist in Decatur we hope you consider us.... stuff like that. Don't know if it will help but I hope so.

I just did what it told me to "verify" my brand page, I am not sure how long it takes to get "verified". Here are two articles on this.

http://www.virante.com/blog/2011/11/15/coming-soon-to-google-verified-pages-adwords-and-more/

[URL="http://www.virante.com/blog/2011/11/09/complete-guide-to-optimizing-your-google-brand-page/"]http://www.virante.com/blog/2011/11/09/complete-guide-to-optimizing-your-google-brand-page/

H
o[/URL]pe this helps :)