Google

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. Just the usual flux with minor movements.

I do see a few of the spammy directory-style page name sites creeping up, however. If they stay true to their patterns, next will be the parade of 'press releases' attempting to goose their results just prior to V-Day.

The good news is that I believe Google may be on to that game. One such company tried it in Dec. and then disappeared from the results and the index completely. The high-volume spammers always run the risk of tripping an over-optimization filter. Yay.

Another colossal site (over 38,000 pages) also appears to have been penalized although they're not totally gone. (This one was buying text links from high PR online editions of newpapers.) Google seems to be doing a much better job of devaluing the PR benefits of those paid links. :)

It only takes a few minutes, but be sure file a spam report when you see junk like made-for-AdSense pages, keyword stuffing, doorway pages, redirects, hijacks, etc.... http://www.google.com/contact/spamreport.html .

Eric S said:
Anybody else seeing the Google Dance?

There appears to be a roll back to prior SERPS (maybe 2005)...let's hope the temporary roll back changes soon.

About a month ago a test data center called “Bigdaddy” went live.
Bigdaddy is now visible at two data centers: 66.249.93.104 and 64.233.179.104.
Bigdaddy has new infrastructure, not just better algorithms or different data.

Perhaps your search hit the new data centers.

The last data refresh that I know of went live at every data center on December 27th.

Ewww good find Mlou. :) And good find to you too Cathy about Urban :)

Somethings up...

While I have been at the top of the results for my city for many months, I disappeared from Google **Local** back in early December....

Then, within the last few days, I'm now back in the top 3, when I was not there AT ALL just a week ago....

BOSS said:
Somethings up...

While I have been at the top of the results for my city for many months, I disappeared from Google **Local** back in early December....

Then, within the last few days, I'm now back in the top 3, when I was not there AT ALL just a week ago....

This maybe part of the roll back that occurred... Now things maybe back to normal.

Roll backs are not usual, anytime there's a problem with the new database, they simply roll back to old SERPS at a different server location.

Status
Not open for further replies.