Not open for further replies.

theRKF

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2002
striderseo.com
State / Prov
DE
That's right, FlowerChat is 6 years old, today!

It still doesn't seem that long since the day I flipped the "On" switch for FC, and 2 minutes later received my first "New Member" alert. Some guy named Mark Smith was first in the door, and the rest is history.

Some interesting stats on our rate of growth:
2002 - 03
141 Users

2003 - 04
115 Users

2004 - 05
345 Users

2005 - 06
674 Users

2006 - 07
1143 Users

2007 - 08
932 Users

Traditionally, FlowerChat has relied on word of mouth referrals for growth. Our membership has been boosted on a couple of occasions due to media mentions and support from industry leaders like Florists' Review.

Of course, we can't forget to mention our UK contingent lead by the wonderful folks at Wordhouse Publishing, home of the Florist & Wholesale Buyer magazine, who have helped to give FlowerChat a truly international character.

Most of all, as I do each year, I want to thank each and every member of FlowerChat as you all make this community what it is. Without you, FlowerChat would be pointless. Thank you for your participation, your support, your ideas, your critiques, your donations and your untameable spirits that make FlowerChat a must-read every day, even after 6 years.

Thanks for making our hard work very, very rewarding.

Update: In my haste to answer a ringing phone, I forgot to mention the prizes. Ya, we're gonna have us some free stuff - info next week.

Ryan & the Admin Team

When I meet others in this industry, this is the first thing I ask them if they have heard of! Been here since 2002, loving every minute of it

My only regret was that I didn't find FlowerChat sooner. Oh, how I love the wonderful place!

Worth a repeat post

I'm not one for smilies but, with the news that Flowerchat is 6 years old today, I feel it appropriate to let my frightfully British stiff upper lip down and say

HAPPY BIRTHDAY
:yourock::bouncy::musical::blowkiss::bouquet2::wave:

:kuddle::beer:ghug::cool:

it's a honour and pleasure to be part of your party!!!
<!-- / message --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_sig --><!-- END TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_sig --><!-- sig -->

Ryan, the time has flown by. I thank you for providing the place and I thank you and the other administrators for the tireless efforts on our behalf. I thank the members who provide such a wonderful wealth of information, support, food for thought and laughter.

I'm grateful for the opportunity to be here.

Well done.

V

Reactions: 1 person
Glad to be here - thanks, as always, for all you do!

:)

Ryan,

Congrats on FC's success! It's an awesome resource, and a group of darned nice people!

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.