Status
Not open for further replies.

bloomery

Feb 16, 2006
Butler
www.bloomery.com
State / Prov
PA
I just signed up for JTV -- the new weekly educational programming created by J. Schwanke -- and I have to say GREAT JOB! This has the potential to be a great educational tool for shop employees, owners, etc... Each week J posts a new "webisode" - an approximate 15 minute TV type program that covers how-to's, new products, etc.. This week the topic is Gluing Corsages.. he explains why, how, etc.. and demonstrates everything. If you haven't been gluing (or if you are but maybe aren't loving the process) I suggest signing up as a member to see this episode even if you don't ever visit again... membership is only $9.95 a month, and you can view and re-view all episodes to date as often as you like... And, you can cancel your membership at any time.

I personally plan on using this as a supplemental, ongoing employee educational tool. Think of it as a mini-design-show each week...

The website address is www.jtv4u.com

Jtv

Thanks for the critique. I received the flyer and wasn't sure if it was worth the time or money. I'm glad to hear it's worth it.
Sharon

i just joined

thanks bloomery! i love it, i have heard of j for many years, but down here in the boonies, we don't get alot of top quality design talent, so hard to get to those shows! love this idea, actually something i've always wanted to do myself, (ex actor/dancer turned florist diva) but is very exciting to see it being done, brilliant!
i highly recommend this, definitely treating my employees tomorrow to a quick "working" lunch with J!!!
parie

I had signed up on his site to be notified when it was up and running, hadn't heard anything yet. Thanks for posting the info! :)

NavyBrat said:
I just received a postcard today. What's the cost?

According to the site, $9.95/month, $99.95/year, or Platinum $199.95.

V

I signed up for the 9.95 a month just to try it out. The first segment was a plug for new flower cards from John Henry. The cards are neat but I wasn't happy about paying for a commercial. The second segment was regarding short cuts for corsages. I found that one interesting and informative. I looking forward to sharing it with my designers at the shop. I think the neatest things is you can view it as many times as you want.
Sharon

Thanks for the link :)

THAT guy stole my hair cut! :) One older lady told me the other day I look like a cupie doll. I had to look that up, since I am only 32. I call it a shark fin, my students call it a faux-hawk. :)

Dazeal said:
One older lady told me the other day I look like a cupie doll.
That's so funny, because that's exactly what I told a friend J looked like! She did know what a kewpie doll was though.
I signed up, but again this show focused mostly on product ... all about deisgnmaster Just for Flowers sprays. Good info, and I realize all these companies probably help sponsor the show/site, but ... I guess I am hoping to have an educational show that is not purely commercially based. We'll see. I'm hopeful!
I think he is a very talented designer, and easy to listen to and whatch. Saw him about 8-9 years ago at a wholesaler TF unit design show. At the end of the show, he gave out his business card with personal phone, business phone etc - to everyone. I always thought that was cool - saying call me if you need any advice.
We'll watch these shows at work also.
tracy

Information is nice.

I do agree that he is plugging away for the advertisers, but his information has been useful to me. The last episode solved the problem I'd been having with gluing corsages and today he solved a dilema I've had forEVER! I've even posted here about painted flowers to get tips on what I might be doing wrong. Turns out I was way too close to the flower when I sprayed. When J said at least 18" away from the flower, I jumped up and sprayed a flower and it was perfect! To think of how many flowers I've wasted, and the difference that one tip made for me. Certainly worth my investment so far :) Tried and true florists who have been around for years I'm sure already knew these things, but to the newbie...it was fantastic information.

Hey Everyone...It's J from JTV

Hey Everyone,
It's J from JTV... I am so glad that you are liking it...and I appreciate all the comments...
I understand and empathize with the commercial aspect... I am just trying to get the idea launched and we need the sponsors to do so...
So bear with me...when we get enough subscribers...we'll just do our thing...and deliver what YOU ALL want to see...
So email me and tell me what you want to see...I will deliver... I want it to truly be valuable to YOU the floral Professional.

Also thanks for the cool comments about my hair... I love the shark fin reference...I agree...it's not a faux hawk...
I wanna meet you... I love my hair...it is amazing how many folks like to tell me how much they don't...heheheh!

Seriously tho...JTV is designed to allow everyone to get motivated, inspired and creative...
I want to HELP everyone have more fun with flowers...so lets do it...let's get the word out and we can be doing what ever you all want on JTV...

Thanks for the positive messages...
Your Fun Flower Pal

J

J- Thanks for addressing the commercial aspect. Don't get me wrong, I think featuring new and useful products is just as important as deisgn and marketing. And you gotta do what you gotta do to pay the bills. It's still worth it!

I think this concept is awesome, and we will be viewing at work with our designers/staff, so I look forward to future episodes, and seeing some of your wonderful creative designs!

tracy

Victoria said:
According to the site, $9.95/month, $99.95/year, or Platinum $199.95.

V
Looks like prices may have come down, then:

Membership Level

Monthly ($9.95) Yearly ($24.95) Platinum ($49.95)

Well ... it's confusing, since the labels are: Monthly, Yearly & Platinum.

If the $24.95 is quarterly, it should say "quarterly" not "yearly."
IMHO

Ryan

J, YOU STOLE MY HAIRCUT!!!! :) lol

Love your energy, style and doo. Can you PM me a good number to call you at?

JTV Postcard Offer

I received a postcard with the following offer for JTV: "Get your first month free when you sign up for 3 months of JTV." It cost me $19.90 for 3 months. There are 4 episodes so far. We have learned at least a little something new from each episode and they are very, very entertaining! J-you are very cool and your videos are fun. I didn't even notice your doo! Will have to look closely tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.