HonestFlorist.com - one to keep an eye on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm $10.00 an hour + incentives + health care....

Aron.... sign me up! I assume I can work from home :cool:

hmmmm.... interesting...very interesting.

If Aron does what he says he's going to do with this new venture I see it as a big step up in the order gathering business, with several features designed into it FOR florists.

It is true we are launching a new website selling flowers and gift baskets. The site will be different in many ways from all other websites selling flowers.

I can tell you that we will be offering a full value guarantee which means we guarantee that we will pass along the full value that we charged for merchandise sold.

If a consumer feels that they were shorted, upon request, we will supply the consumer with the name and phone number of the shop that filled the order, to compare what was spent on merchandise and what passed to the filling shop.

On our site, we will be explaining to consumers that unless an online flower seller is willing to offer them the same guarantee, we suggest they reconsider where the purchase online flowers.

The site we are launching will is not like any other you will have seen before. It's been a year in the making and anything that can be done to be as up front with florists is being addressed. In fact we welcome suggestions from anyone wishes to share it.

Thanks,
Aron

Reactions: 1 person
Aron, good to see you're here and glad to have it straight from the founder. I do hope that your site lives up to its name, as I'm sure you're aware of all the problems we've been having with some order gatherers.

We are launching www.honestflorist.com around December 5th. Before we launch I will post all the differences between us and other National Flower Sellers. I will point out what honest florist is going to do to try to work closely with florists.

I can tell you that we will be offering a Full Value Guarantee to all consumers, letting them know that every dollar they spend on merchandise will in fact be passed along to our florists.

Thanks,

Aron

I will point out what honest florist is going to do to try to work closely with florists.

I can tell you that we will be offering a Full Value Guarantee to all consumers, letting them know that every dollar they spend on merchandise will in fact be passed along to our florists.

Thanks,

Aron
A few things Aron and I have discussed, that he says will be part of his effort going forward:

a. allow shops to send us images and pricing for their areas. When someone searches on our site for that shops zip, they can have their own shops work also listed with the tf and ftd images. The florist can set the price to whatever they want. We will even clean up the images that they can then use on their own site if they want.

b. Flowershops name on our homepage linking off of SEO and paid advertising. Phone number will be included. We will keep track of how many times a person clicks for to receive a phone number.

c. if a customer of ours wants to find out if their flowers were delivred, and it's before the 24 hour after delivery, they can request the name and phone number of the shop and we will give it to them.

c. if a customer of ours wants to find out if their flowers were delivred, and it's before the 24 hour after delivery, they can request the name and phone number of the shop and we will give it to them.

Better yet, how about passing on the customer's info so we can send a delivery notification directly from our POS? That way they don't have to spend their time placing a call, we don't have to pay for the toll free call, and we don't have to waste time at a busy holiday with the old "I didn't get my thank you call yet" calls.

Better yet, how about passing on the customer's info so we can send a delivery notification directly from our POS? That way they don't have to spend their time placing a call, we don't have to pay for the toll free call, and we don't have to waste time at a busy holiday with the old "I didn't get my thank you call yet" calls.
Hmmmm... I wonder....

I doubt we'd convince anyone to pass the complete customer information along, but what about just the email address?

Two things happen....

1) Better customer service, with information about deliveries going back to the consumer.

2) Competitive marketing, allowing for the "better deal" to win out.

None of us like order gatherers, but as many have said they will be here for the long run, so... If Aron does it the way he says he's going to do it, them IMO he's the best shot at making a dent in the dOG's, and even the wires... He was, and perhaps still is the best online "marketer of flowers" there is...

Sure he's self serving, it's his money...but if this is a true attempt at working "with florists" rather than against then I for one am willing to give him a shot.

Thanks Boss,

RJD, I would consider having the shop contact the sender directly for those consumers wanting an answer to delivery confirmation. Of course there are things to consider, How much time goes by from the time we pass along the consumers info? Will the shop actively advertise to this consumer in the future? I think so, I don't mind that, as long as they didn't sell us down the river, I can live with good clean competition, but not bad mouthing.

Of course I would have to study the analyze the long term effects doing things this way. I am open to any suggestions on how florists would prefer to work with my new company.

I am curious to see how many productive suggestions I get back, now that someone is finally asking for them.

Thanks,

Aron

Just to add my 2.5 cents worth here - Aron was always quite concerned with maintaining a good relationship with florists he worked with.....

Not the adversarial relationship at all that you run into with some order gatherers.

This will be interesting and I hope to steal some ideas from him like I used to do.

Bloomz,

You don't have to steal anything just call or write and I can let you know exactly how some of new technology is working before you go to the trouble of trying it.

Aron

I guess I missed this thread when as it broke while I was out chasing the elusive whitetail deer. But this sounds pretty good. how will these orders be transmitted to florist? or did I miss that part.

Status
Not open for further replies.