Status
Not open for further replies.

Audra

Nov 6, 2002
Sault Ste. Marie
www.mannflorist.com
State / Prov
Ontario
Here I go again, yet another question for the list...

How much would you charge for a standing spray on a 48 inch easel containing:

10 Dendrobium
10 orange carnations
5 yellow mini calla
5 stems solidago
4 Bells of Ireland
4 Gerbera
3 Snapdragons
3 tulips
3 pink 60cm roses
3 peach 60cm roses
3 red 60cm roses
3 orange gladiolas
2 yellow asiastic lilies
2 hotpink 60cm roses
2 purple liatris
2 larkspur
15 flat fern
4 kochia
3 birch
2 myrtle
and a partridge in a pear tree. (/joke)

We got this from a florist via a wire service... I'll tell you how much they gave us after I hear some guesses.

Audra

$365
+ $15 partridge, $85 pear tree

My guess for what they offered is $189 Cdn.

Is this like the price is right? Closest but not over wins?

"Remember, everyone, help control the pet population. Have your Jenno spade AND neutered."

$350 plus delivery and an additional $15 for the easel (if needed) not needed at funeral home but necessary at a church service.

Audra, we would charge about C$ 390.00 + del ; I guess they offered you around 225.00

Are you folks all sitting down? Grab on to something stable.

We were given a WHOPPING $105 Canapesos for that puppy.

*BUZZER* It had 'or as similar as possible' as a second choice and you can bet your bippy that's what they got.

Audra

Originally posted by Infinite

"Remember, everyone, help control the pet population. Have your Jenno spade AND neutered."

Thank you for my chuckles of the day... this keeps up and the rest of the staff is going to wonder why I sit and snicker at my p.c.

Audra

Audra,
This is probably THE biggest problem with regard to wire orders; a customer sees a picture and expects to get that arrangement or at least that value. Unfortunately it isn't only order gatherers who are responsible but regular florists; the difference being the OG do it to appear cheaper to build customer loyalty and florists have inexperienced or careless staff sending similar orders. In the case of a florist we ALWAYS REFUSE TO FILL THE ORDER until the florist goes back to their customer to get a new selection so they know what they are getting so hopefully they will be satisfied.

I'm with Rock on this one. I would not have taken this order for that price. I too would have requested a new selection in the customers price range. It is one thing when the order is for a few dollars less, you can usually pull it off by putting in a few less flowers. But when it is less than half the value, there is no way that you are going to even come close to filling the order with even a similar look and feel. Plus, the one thing that worries me when I get orders like this is how do we know that the sending shop did not collect enough money to do it right and then only send you half. I know this happens, I have had to deal with it before. We had a case last M-day where we got an order to fill for $55. Turns out that the sender and recipient always exchange pictures and how much they paid (go figure) anyway, the sender paid the florist down there $100 for the order and sent me $55. The recipient came stomping into my shop with the flowers in hand. Fortunately I had the hard copy of the order right there and showed it to her. Got me out of hot water, I would not have wanted to be the florist at the other end.

Jim

The Spray

We called the florist (it wasn't a gatherer) and explained that they couldn't possible get the picture and second choice was the only option. It was the colour and vibrancy the customer liked, yadda yadda, so we could help them with something similar.

can we know what city this order originated? seems so many send orders below what they would fill them for themselves.... (does anyone know why....is this to get "up" the outgoing orders)and Audra, why are we always put in the position of being the BAD guy when we find it had to fill such a request as this.....you did well to attempt to complete this order....many would have rejected it.....and BIG question DID YOU MAKE ANYTHING? $$$:confused: :confused:

The order

The order in question originated in Bosslady's neck of the woods. Yes, we made money on it but only because we scaled down RADICALLY.

Audra

Status
Not open for further replies.