Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhonda

Nov 1, 2002
Millinocket
www.millinocketflorist.com
State / Prov
Maine
Had posted on the other board and as usual they are more interested in bashing everybody else than try to help out their fellow florists..I believe Genie also asked the question.
We don't like to make candle arrangements for Christmas unless they are hurricaned or lanterned, especially with silks. Care cards included with every candle design with warnings BUT you know how much people read...
In the past we have had wrought iron hurricane holders and glass lantern chimneys. I do not like the looks of just plunking a chimney into the oasis, classless look showing oasis in the center of the chimney.
Does anyone have a source for wrought iron chimney holders (with prongs on the bottom) and matching size chimneys? I believe Syndicate Sales carries the chimneys and lantern glass but not the wrought iron holders. I think theirs are glass holders and how in heck would you anchor them into the center of the centerpiece? I also have seen the plastic holders (but prefer the wrought iron as they sit higher)...Help anyone????

DO your test. I was told by the fire dept. here that crushed styrofoam does not burn and that is what we used to hide the oasis after we have put a candle and hirricane in. You may want to make sure.
Luc

No help on the wraught iron...but...

When we do parties, and the money is not there for a nice holder we "plunk the hurricane into the oasis"... then we pour glitter or Diamond Dust down inside to cover the Oasis...

BOSS said:
No help on the wraught iron...but...

When we do parties, and the money is not there for a nice holder we "plunk the hurricane into the oasis"... then we pour glitter or Diamond Dust down inside to cover the Oasis...

Me too... :) It looks nice, and is easy to boot.

V

Thanks for the great idea, Mark and Victoria.
Luc

sea glass, cushed glass, marbles/ gems work well also.

As for diamond dust, haven't seen that at the wholesalers in years, any sources? tia

Inka said:
As for diamond dust, haven't seen that at the wholesalers in years, any sources? tia
Just called my supplier...seems it is no longer made.. (we have a bunch, over bought :( ) They do have something similar called Opalesscent Snowflake ????

another idea...

that literally guarantees safety, with "candle arrangements" is those battery operated "candles" that flicker and glow like the real thing!!
The retail is around 9 bucks, and they look like this.....

Attachments

• Candles 001.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 8
  • Candles 002.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 8
Status
Not open for further replies.