Status
Not open for further replies.

clay

Aug 12, 2004
Victoria
www.mcadamsfloral.com
State / Prov
TX
I have been thinking about doing a series of newspaper ads (our paper is more affordable than you guys in larger cities...the CPM is acceptable, but still not "cheap") promoting our McAdams Floral website by offering orders place on the website between July 10th to August 10th at a XX discount (do not like that word) for orders must be delivered in same time periord...(excludes Weddings and Wire Outs). Would like some thoughts/feedback on this and what percentage would you think it would take to "inspire" people to even be interested for a looksie. Thanks, Clay

What about adding a value-add item instead of discount?

Free balloon? Bear? Chocolate?

Free & Extra are good words - every bit as catchy as discount!

Ryan

I agree

Bigted said:
I like Free Delivery, although that is getting tougher to do at $3.20 a gallon. July is a tough month to spend advertising dollars since people aren't buying much.
I agree that July/August are tough months...they have some reduction of rates during this time and hopefully we will get some extra work along with TOMA on our website.

Thinking about it

Infinite said:
What about adding a value-add item instead of discount?

Free balloon? Bear? Chocolate?

Free & Extra are good words - every bit as catchy as discount!

Ryan

Thinking about what you said, but for south Texas, I am not sure if a free balloon would do as well as "XX OFF"....could be wrong....

Free delivery has some legs thougth.....

Thanks for the comments.

clay said:
Thinking about what you said, but for south Texas, I am not sure if a free balloon would do as well as "XX OFF"....could be wrong....

Free delivery has some legs thougth.....

Thanks for the comments.
What will you offer for funeral work---free balloon-Welcome home?
Or a cuddley Bear

rich said:
What will you offer for funeral work---free balloon-Welcome home?
Or a cuddley Bear
I was thinkinging: Best wishes in your new home. Hope it's cooler than Dallas in July.

Ryan

I don't think a percentage off inspires people. We use an advertising program that offers $5.00 off any $30.00 purchase and $10.00 off any $60.00 purchase. It works really well for us. Think about the coupons and/or offers that YOU actually use-I personally don't bother with percentage off coupons, but I always use the $5.00 off $40.00 purchase offered by my local grocery store.

Status
Not open for further replies.