Lamont Cranston Intro

Welcome... when you say CTO... are you talking running the internal systems or creating POS for florists?

Rachel and Myra, Eric and John are good friends... and amazingly I still have friends at HQ after all these years ;)

Enjoy~!

Mr.Cranston, your application post says you joined way back in 2005. If that is accurate, why have you not posted, if infact your interested in helping real florist.
Otherwise, what you've been doing everyone calls lurking (not contributing) most here don't care for that, and many have been burned by FTD.

So if your denied membership that's probably going to be the reason. (I see you have one red dot now)
Don't take it personally against you as a person, it is the FTD affiliation.

Have a Merry Christmas.

Reactions: 1 person
Reactions: prestonway
Game on ~ let's see if they really want to interact with their "members"

David, I simply replied to the thread to be courteous, as people were viewing and voting but Mr. Cranston had no ideas of opinions except for Marks.

It looks as if I should have remained rudely silent as I see the red dot is now green.

Here we go again opening the door to the hen house.
I voted no, there is nothing more for me to say.

Reactions: 2 people
Game on ~ let's see if they really want to interact with their "members"

Agree it would be nice if FTD participated. It is nice that Teleflora now participates.

David, I simply replied to the thread to be courteous, as people were viewing and voting but Mr. Cranston had no ideas of opinions except for Marks.

It looks as if I should have remained rudely silent as I see the red dot is now green.

Here we go again opening the door to the hen house.
I voted no, there is nothing more for me to say.

I'm fine with your opinion. While I disagree with you there is no reason for you to be silent.

this is a simple question.....some of you "appear" ready to burn bridges, and riot...what happens if you want to cross back over that "river"??
NEVER, EVER burn bridges....as badly as you want to sometimes....

Reactions: Connie and CHR
Business: FTD

Type of Business: Service Provider, Other

About Me: Chief Technology Officer, FTD Group.

BOY, could we use some serious improvements to the Merc system..I'm tired from IT being old and tired....

Ok David, I'm back for one more point to be made.

The WS employees that post here, are no doubt low level so they really have no ability to affect real change in the WS model.

If that were possible the WS's would have listened to the individual members who were unhappy, and actually affecting change by leaving their sorry WS ar**es!

Until someone of high level and with the ability and desire to really change things shows up here, I will not be having any conversation with them.

Another concern I have is for the florist who are stilll WS members, but who want to come to this site and express to other FLORIST their fears, concerns, and stories of mistreatment and get advise on what to do. Having WS employees on the site stiffles the florist ability and desire to share with other florist. Thereby allowing the WS's to operate in the shadows and with preknowledge of a shops plans. I dumped them all, I'm very happy that I did, and I'm keeping more of my money.

This is clearly "the fox in the hen house", difference is the "fox" has the ability to put the death bite on more "hens" here. (computer age) Do you not think they take the names of the shops who complain here, and put them at the end of the list for help, and orders, etc. We all know that favored shops get the orders.

By the way, I burned the bridge and will never be fooled into rebuilding it. I don't need a WS. We all did well without them before, and with the internet we really have no need for them. That is unless you just enjoy buying their junk and storing it, waiting for that order they are going to "drive into your shop". That line alone in their sales speel should be actionable.

My opinion.

Mr. Cranston... while this is a moot point as you've already been voted in. I would still like to know what you expect to give and get by being a member of this community.

Many of us speak our minds, particularly when it comes to wire services (they are highly polarizing).

It's true, there are other WS represented (and have been over the years). Few participate in any way within the community.

Will you be any different? I have my doubts if your alias is any indication.

Regards.

V

Mr Cranston,
I believe that Aliases are not permitted according to Ryan and Flowerchat's TOU. There has actually been much disagreement about this rule, so I hope you'll identify yourself truthully, participate in your intro thread, or move on.

While I don't care one way or the other if WS members are here, they should NOT be given alias opportunities that are not afforded to other members.

Rules are rules, right?

regards,
Tracy D'Amico