Less skewed wire service participation poll

Wire service participation minus the emotion.

• Wire Service Free

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • Will be dropping wire services soon

Votes: 17 14.2%
  • Undecided about continuing membership

Votes: 14 11.7%
  • Not a member now but want to be soon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wire service member

Votes: 61 50.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
oh i just remembered.... you should have had a question for multiple wire service memberships. ;)

I basically have three two TF's and one FTD....

so does that count for three votes. ;):eek:

Reactions: 2 people
OK,

I'm home sick today so I can flower chat all I want...

I have a question though...

Why is this subject always coming up? I don't get it.

If you (anybody) used to be w/ a WS and aren't now, are you wanting to go back?

If you are not a WS and never have been, do you want to be?

They only people I can see this being a concern for is the shops that either are not a wire service and want to be, OR the shops who are and are thinking about getting out.

other than that what is the point of discussing this any more?

If not belonging to a WS works for any particular shop, good for you.

If belonging to a WS does work for you, I say equally "right on!"

Each shop needs to conduct their business in a way that works for them. WS do not fit all shops. But for some, it's great.

I'm not trying to be mean, I just don't understand all the WS bashing. I for one love the education they provide and also the magazines.

I'm not naive, I understand the frustration behind "the other issues" as well.

It just feels like we are beating a dead horse.

Reactions: 4 people
Shannon,

I guess my opinion reaches out to the industry more than on an individual's business. Sender's make money, filler's lose money. Those filler's are a part of our industry as a whole. I feel that the WS takes advantage of the filling florist and that is why I dropped them. I want to see florists have the leverage to negotiate better terms with the WS that could maybe benefit all of us and not just the senders. As long as they have members losing their shorts filling their orders, they will continue to be the ones in control. If we united, the senders would have better terms, the filler's would have better terms, and the whole industry would thrive in a mutual partnership. But since that reality doesn't exist, then the alternative is to jump on the WS free bandwagon. And I guess that has a high importance to me and that is why I continue to take baby steps toward those goals. It helps me sleep at night.

I hope this explains my passion on the topic better.

Reactions: 1 person
OK,

I'm home sick today so I can flower chat all I want...

I have a question though...

Why is this subject always coming up? I don't get it.

If you (anybody) used to be w/ a WS and aren't now, are you wanting to go back?

If you are not a WS and never have been, do you want to be?

They only people I can see this being a concern for is the shops that either are not a wire service and want to be, OR the shops who are and are thinking about getting out.

other than that what is the point of discussing this any more?

If not belonging to a WS works for any particular shop, good for you.

If belonging to a WS does work for you, I say equally "right on!"

Each shop needs to conduct their business in a way that works for them. WS do not fit all shops. But for some, it's great.

I'm not trying to be mean, I just don't understand all the WS bashing. I for one love the education they provide and also the magazines.

I'm not naive, I understand the frustration behind "the other issues" as well.

It just feels like we are beating a dead horse.

And it always comes from non wire members it seems.

Wish I could give you a few more green dots for that post Shannon.

It's worse than religious nuts no it's like those that stand in public squares comdemning everyone that won't listen.

:thumbsup

That's what I don't understand, either. WS members like us never tell non-WS members they should join WS.

Oh, goldfish, I am not telling you to drop your WS. I want you to keep it. And I want you to keep posting. I want to continue to know how it is working for you.

And for the record, I did not initiate fire on this debate. I was and still am after a learning experience. I have been trying to approach this respectfully. I have now taken some unnecessary, spiteful hits. However, I will return fire when you take jabs at me. I'm a big girl. If you want to make this nasty, bring it on.

Please don't anybody, especially Inferno, take my post as a jab or being disrespectful.

I, personally, seriously just don't get it.

Please don't anybody, especially Inferno, take my post as a jab or being disrespectful.

I, personally, seriously just don't get it.

Shannon, your post was completely respectful to the topic and to all of us. Posts such as yours are helpful to everyone and this topic would benefit if all members posted as respectfully as you do. I just ruffle a lot of feathers when I don't agree and their only recourse is to be disrespectful and take shots at me. They do this because they have no effective way to communicate their opinions in any other way. But, in spite of them, I am still learning.

Oh, goldfish, I am not telling you to drop your WS. I want you to keep it. And I want you to keep posting. I want to continue to know how it is working for you.

Do you know how I casted my vote in this poll? "Undecided" WS membership has always been and will continue to be an "undecided" issue for us. When it works for me, I will stay (join). When it doesn't, I will leave.

I would consider your wish of wanting me to stay, though.

And for the record, I did not initiate fire on this debate. I was and still am after a learning experience. I have been trying to approach this respectfully. I have now taken some unnecessary, spiteful hits. However, I will return fire when you take jabs at me. I'm a big girl. If you want to make this nasty, bring it on.

I have no idea what you are talking about. I wasn't even responding to you. You are reading an offense where none existed.

I think everybody should join all the wire services.

Please tell me why they shouldn't.

THAT'S A JOKE PEOPLE - DO NOT ANSWER THAT QUESTION

The poll needs one more question "I think this is a dumb waste of time"

Shannon, your post was completely respectful to the topic and to all of us. Posts such as yours are helpful to everyone and this topic would benefit if all members posted as respectfully as you do. I just ruffle a lot of feathers when I don't agree and their only recourse is to be disrespectful and take shots at me. They do this because they have no effective way to communicate their opinions in any other way. But, in spite of them, I am still learning.

Read above....case in point!

Stoopid is as stupid does

Bloomz,
New members join FC all the time. They will come here asking the same questions concerning WS benefits, problems with etc... Nevertheless, they will keep coming, the Wire services will keep doing what they are doing and questions will keep getting asked. If you don't care to read or answer then by all means don't. I think it indeed is a stupid waste or your time because you've been reading this type of stuff for a long time. For newbies, it may be valuble information. but what the -ell do I know, I'm just a petite chicken.

Chez Chickie - do you know how much resource material there is by doing a search?

Reading for weeks on end.

Rock on

No mas por favor!

Yes Bloomz, I know how to do a search.
Yes, I know you are offended and bored by Wire Service banter.
Yes I know you are an order gatherer and use the WS to your advantage. Ok, Ok I give, I'm Wire service free, happy to be and I promise not to ever ever post another WS related post as long as we both shall live!

Chez - education is one thing (easily helped with the search function) - constant rehashing and bashing members is a different matter. Those posts are meant to stir crap.

I'll prolly respond like this next time too. It's just so...yesterdays news.

When there's a big crap stirrer on and I have some time - I got a big spoon.

blessings

bloomz

Status
Not open for further replies.