Less skewed wire service participation poll

Wire service participation minus the emotion.

• Wire Service Free

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • Will be dropping wire services soon

Votes: 17 14.2%
  • Undecided about continuing membership

Votes: 14 11.7%
  • Not a member now but want to be soon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wire service member

Votes: 61 50.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Heck I'm ready right now!

Let's roll.

Erlene you ignorant sl*t.

Glad to see you're sorting out your differences. Red dot wars are interesting, indeed.

For the record, I only requested the thread be closed because I found some of the remarks made to rape to be quite distasteful. As a counselor to women who suffer from the real trauma of domestic violence and rape, I did not find some of the comments to be appropriate.

Carry on!

Just so everyone knows, Bloomzs got his green dot!:scatter

AAAAHHHH, the sweet sound of peace on flowerchat once again!!!!

In many ways it seems that the internet is making dinosaurs out of the traditional wire service industry. Since customers can now order direct from florist over the internet, and florist can also sell direct using the internet, what is the real purpose of membership? Knowing this, it seems that some of the services have tried to position themselves in the middle of these transaction by offering high tech POS computer systems, wire service websites, and direct from the grower flowers. They charge some pretty significant fees for all of these services. Are they helping or hurting local florist with their positioning? Much of what they provide seems to perpetuate their own survival more than it seems to benefit the local florist. That is my main problem with the wire services. They need all of us much more than we now need them. Yet, the approach is usually the opposite.

Reactions: 2 people
BOSS's Quote of the day!!

Much of what they provide seems to perpetuate their own survival more than it seems to benefit the local florist. That is my main problem with the wire services. They need all of us much more than we now need them.
Well said...have a great day!

Status
Not open for further replies.