Less skewed wire service participation poll

Wire service participation minus the emotion.

• Wire Service Free

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • Will be dropping wire services soon

Votes: 17 14.2%
  • Undecided about continuing membership

Votes: 14 11.7%
  • Not a member now but want to be soon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wire service member

Votes: 61 50.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If we all met in person, would we have an ugly riot? Of course not, we would all be blushing. Forums like this have to be taken in context. You can't feel the emotions in the words so each post is interpreted differently. In spite of that, and in between, we can learn. All of us with all of our genders, shop sizes, years of experience, etc. BELONG here. We are a bunch of goofy florist family members at the Thanksgiving dinner table bickering. I don't have a problem with that at all. Uncle Bloomz and I may duke it out on front lawn but I would help him fend of an attack from say...... a weird biker. (easy Bloomz, that was funny)......

The point is BRING IT ON! We are family, we are allowed.

Reactions: 2 people
Might I suggest everyone take a time out....

Cuz :yourock:

And I know ya'll really DO like each other, and like the firey one said...if we were all in one room.....

Well, Boss,
Some of us rock and some of us roll....that's why there is so much noise....

all funnies aside, it is getting to be rediculous.

Lori,
I really did not want to go here with you, but your very ugly red dot post to me makes it necessary. Yes, and thank you for signing it.

When I first joined here you attacked me in a post. It was very unnecessary. It seems that you enjoy that kind of thing, so I am giving you a red dot for the venum you spewwed at me for trying to defend someone. It was Susan this time, it could be you next time or someone else that I might defend. Thats who I am.

If you all notice, I defend people, I don't tear them down. It was the concurrent posting of a red dot to me and Joes posting on the thread that got this started. Everyone has gone over board here.

Had the person that gave the red dot, had the balls to sign their name it would not have played out the way it did.

Joe if you think I owe you another apology then here it is. However, the words, "She asked for it so She got it" was said by someone to me. They are still offensive words, and the person that said them should fess up and end this.

Lori,
I really did not want to go here with you, but your very ugly red dot post to me makes it necessary. Yes, and thank you for signing it.

When I first joined here you attacked me in a post. It was very unnecessary. It seems that you enjoy that kind of thing, so I am giving you a red dot for the venum you spewwed at me for trying to defend someone. It was Susan this time, it could be you next time or someone else that I might defend. Thats who I am.

If you all notice, I defend people, I don't tear them down. It was the concurrent posting of a red dot to me and Joes posting on the thread that got this started. Everyone has gone over board here.

Had the person that gave the red dot, had the balls to sign their name it would not have played out the way it did.

Joe if you think I owe you another apology then here it is. However, the words, "She asked for it so She got it" was said by someone to me. They are still offensive words, and the person that said them should fess up and end this.

That is just the point noone needs defending. You are blowing everything all out of proportion. Had you just minded your business and posted a useful thread about the subject this would not have happened. It is your posts that keep this going with the emotional nonsense. I hope you do not respond to customers in this emotional way because they may think you are wacko. I am a very nice person but have no tolerance for people that come in here and feel they need to "save" other people that do not need saving...I think my reputation precedes me on how easy going and nice I am until I am aggrevated with stupidity, and I am sorry but the sexist remark was stupidity and the rapist remark was stupidity to the enth degree. We are all professionals here and were acting as such until your blabber came along with sexism this and rapist that. You made probelms where there were none...give me all the red dots you want, I think yours was the 3rd I have passed out in 3 years, says alot about what you have to say, don't it.

Reactions: 1 person

NO I don't think you do really understand yet!

You defamed my reputation here this afternoon.

Accusing me of giving you a red dot is childish (I can live with that nonsense). I wish the whole dot thing would go away.

However, accusing me of sexist remarks is another matter entirely and one that is much much more serious! You have no idea how irritated I am right now.

You assumed something and Inferno assummed something that you both thought I said.

then you interpreted those comments and drug them into a bigotry arena.

I think the person who gave you the red dot owes you an apology and everyone here an apology for devolving this thread into a mess. I am sure he was giggling all afternoon.

Joe

Enuf already!!!

THIS IS MY LAST POST ON THE SUBJECT, HOWEVER I WILL CONTINUE TO SUPPORT INFERNO!:wallhead:

You know this is starting to feel like rooling around in mud...I'm outta here.
Everyone have a nice day.

Lori,

Gawd...go golfing & missed all the fun...

...and the point of continuing this diatribe, after numerous proclamations of "I'm outta here???

The bottom line is, mine's bigger than yours...and it just don't matter any way

This lady doesn't need a mans help.

Uncle Bloomz and I may duke it out on front lawn but I would help him fend of an attack from say...... a weird biker. (easy Bloomz, that was funny)......

The point is BRING IT ON! We are family, we are allowed.

You are making me proud Inferno ... now you don't have to explain your name. It was said that a man should come to your defense however I was raised here in the south to respect women, and boy did you earn my respect.
You keep this up, you'll have a reputation like Bloomz and me.

Lori, it is getting ridiculous, hence my post.

I think it is finally getting good. If we all can have a fight, like bloomz & BOSS usually do and still end up friends, then we are truly that, friends. Everyone needs to get over this feel good, cumbaya, BS.

I am well aware that Susan can take care of herself, as I stated I have been on this thread from the beginning. Again I will state that, it was just a simple poll she posted. But she was almost immediately attacked for it, why?
I don't think that Susan was being antagonistic this week at all.

You want to see attacked, mess with the Liberals and Canadians here, they'll attack you.

The analogy of the rapist...come on now, you know that an analogy is an analogy...however, Joes comment did come of to me(and I am entitled to my opinion, since it was said to me in a Rep posting)as a reference to her sex. He could have said to me: Oh Susan and I know each other and I'm just foolin with her. But thats not what was said.

Really ... rape and posting ... that reminds me of what a incumbent governor of Texas said of rape when he was running for re-election ... ummm ... nevermind.

You know this is starting to feel like rooling around in mud...I'm outta here.
Everyone have a nice day.

Now ... this is sexist ... but two red heads rolling around in the mud ... now that is a nice thought ... color me guilty and red dot me. Please.

Oh good grief Royce - it was me.

Bloomz did it.

Remember about a week ago when you gave me one for "attacking your post"???

Well I owed you one. You asked for it - you got it. (Where have I heard that before? - oh that's right - your rape comment)

As for Inferno - she can handle herself just fine, but when she wants to stir up a good controversial topic - well she's gonna get some good controversial replies. This is what having a discussion about wire services is like with someone that doesn't even belong.:wallhead:

The rape comment was just dumb beyond belief. It deserved a second one, but didn't get one, from me at least. (But I'm willing)

So there ya go - I did it - send me to the lectric chair and if you wanna pass more out - we can play with it.

Joe's right - I have been giggling about it.lol

Gee, sorry...:grovel:

I guess

No not really:bow_flowe

Maybe the next time you shouldn't throw the first stone?

Blessings.....

bloomz - peace - out

Reactions: 3 people
I would like it to stay, also. It was going quite nicely I thought for a WS oriented thread...We all know how that can get bad.

Ok...I'm back again.

Thanks Bloomz for the "confession"...

Mia Coppa a million times over Joe, don't know now else to say it...

Way back in the post,one of the guys asked that it not become a WS
pissin match, so Lori, in answer to your Red Dot remark thats why we were trying not to talk WS's...

Also Lori, by the way, the red dot you got did not come from me honest,(the only way I know to be)...

Today I got one red dot from ???, oh yeah Bloomz confessed. Ha!...

But I got more green dots....

And as for redheads rolling in the mud, keep dreamin, you know a florist wouldn't put her knife down long enough...

Bloomz you stole my sign off (Blessings!) so, Peace be with you all!!!

I would like it to stay, also. It was going quite nicely I thought for a WS oriented thread...We all know how that can get bad.

It's been devolving quite nicely I think.....:squish:

A bit back Mikey stated how these anti wire diatribes are an insult to his choices of belonging.

I concur. Yet it's a common theme up in here. You don't know how often (if you're at all new here) we have been insulted, called stupid, unethical, and all sortsof other colorful thing over and over and over and over again for our business choices of using wire services. It just gets to be a broken record that never goes anywhere or changes anything - we'll still be having these same discussions next year and the year and year after that, just like we have been having for the last 10 years.

If you think this one's bad and your new here - go back and read some of the arguments I had with 12Bux/Dux/Fux and you'll see this has remained quite civil.

Many of these supposed "slights" are simple message board parlance (is that a word?) - it's the way posts progress and devolve (I like that word Joe) on chat boards.

I know you'd find that people you think are ogres are actually quite nice and helpful if you meet them in person.

This is my last word on the topic

NOT

Now

Visualize Whirled Peas and Kumbaya y'all :flower::bouquet::flowers:

I concur. Yet it's a common theme up in here. You don't know how often (if you're at all new here) we have been insulted, called stupid, unethical, and all sortsof other colorful thing over and over and over and over again for our business choices of using wire services. It just gets to be a broken record that never goes anywhere or changes anything - we'll still be having these same discussions next year and the year and year after that, just like we have been having for the last 10 years.

It's like the old saying those who can do. those who can't teach. ( I never really liked that quote because it slights teachers who care and teach) However, there are those of us florists who aren't stupid AND who can earn a profit on WS business, especially on the incoming side.

We sit and moan and groan about our industry, however, the food industry is worse, especially the fresh food co's. Also the scrap metal dealers you want to talk about cut throat!!!! Anna (aka Mrs Mioux) was once the executive secretary to the Pres and Vice President of a company called Diversified Metals.

My point is all businesses have there own cut throat companies. The dogs ogs, home based businesses, and the WSs are ours - the traditional florist.

If you think this one's bad and your new here - go back and read some of the arguments I had with 12Bux/Dux/Fux and you'll see this has remained quite civil.

you newer members missed a real "gem" (sorry cathy) with old 12bux. I actually got a bunch of green dots when I called him a dumb bastard.

joe

Bloomz...your bad....yeah and I can't spell copasetic either, but here's your greenie to replace your red one. Now, per the rep posting we're all even huh!

Peace Out:headbang:

You give the green by clicking on the little scale of someone's post. I didn't get one.

"Can't we all just get along" -Rodney King

lol, I guess for this moment in this time and space we can...tomorrow is a different story. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.