Not open for further replies.

Mikey the Flower Guy

It's a GREAT DAY to live, and love!
Nov 10, 2002
Dundas, Ontario, Canada
www.hamiltonflorists.com
State / Prov
Ontario
you know, I've been such a supporter of FTD, and what has in "the past" been the MOST RELIABLE order transfer system available, and NOW, it seems that with all the "improvements" by people whom maybe should keep their paws off, have created an un-reliable, and frequently down system, all in the name of FTD.com, and I'm getting a little fed up with paying what we're paying, and getting consistent breakdowns around holiday time!!
It's down again....right before V-day....what a coincidence, it was down for LAST Mothers Day, this past Christmas, and here it's down again!!
I think I'm gonna go after some reimbursement for all my expenses, and time, with orders sitting in limbo!!

Mikey,
Here's what they told me......... I'm sooooooo pissed right now! This has been all day. But yet other smaller towns have called and told me I need to hook my merc up! After umteen phone calls finally a tech told me that all high-speed intranet members a gadget that is connected to host is down and that is what they are working on. So I asked.... if someone is paying $12.99 for a land-line they get better service? and I'm paying $80 for cable? That just does not make since! He then tells me all I can say is we are working on it , mam! God! I just wanted to ring his neck!!!!
I am so glad I'm going with MAS after the holiday, hopefully it will be the last one I have to deal with on break downs before a Holiday. I do not eveeeeeen neeeeeeed this stress!!!! and the stress free music is loud today!
Frustrated another Holiday but the last!
Cyndi

The latest updated disk has caused my pc to slow down so much it's losing an hour every day. Delays from tabbing space to space in an order form, the stupid "do you want to send this order" has a delay as well as the even more stupid "do you want to send another order" box. I refuse to call tech service as they know less than I do most of the time.

<dripping sarcasm>Well, you could all always upgrade to Vista...that would probably help a lot. </dripping sarcasm>
Vista would likely DELETE Mercury thinking it's a virus or spyware :thumbsup

First inkling we had was when Just Flowers called to place an order...they asked if we could do something for 90 and I told them no but we can do it for 145....thinking that would end the conversation...he said ok and that he would like to give it to me over the phone....naw, we like a papertrail..send it over the merc..."can't, my system is down"....coulds not help laughing...told him to have his customer call me direct....end of story....Sorry that Real Florists are hurt by this but did take some pleasure out of an OG having issues.....
Sher

By the way, FEDEX's computer system also went down today due to overwhelming volume.

Didn't think that PRO-FLOWERS had that many orders!!!

My merc has worked fine all day, never noticed it down.

I am on modem mercury still, maybe something to be said for the old-fangled?

Didn't think that PRO-FLOWERS had that many orders!!!

no but add on FTD.com along with PRO and all the others...geez, guess they got overloaded with all those frozen deliveries???

After umteen phone calls finally a tech told me that all high-speed intranet members a gadget that is connected to host is down and that is what they are working on.

Cyndi

Bloomz thats it! you are on a modem..... all high-speeds are where it is down!

Oh! by the way everyone, Blooms today is now sending thru Bloomlink. Because of not getting thru the merc systems. Just a heads up! Probably all are doing it now.

Cyndi

It's now 10:30 and the merc has not been up since way early this morning. (7am)
I can not wait till after VD, I am, will get, deserve a NEW SYSTEM!!!!

yea, well fat chance!! I've emailed all the guys, and basically told them I've had enough.....

Bloomz thats it! you are on a modem..... all high-speeds are where it is down!

Oh! by the way everyone, Blooms today is now sending thru Bloomlink. Because of not getting thru the merc systems. Just a heads up! Probably all are doing it now.

Cyndi

We got quite a few and asked for more money...outrageous money...and we got it! And if not.."sorry..out of product!"
S

My merc has worked fine all day, never noticed it down.

I am on modem mercury still, maybe something to be said for the old-fangled?

At the risk of jinxing myself.. we have had no problems.. on Monday the merc transfer seemed a little slow..but not more than expected. There was a delay in receiving website orders at about 5pm. .cleared up about 2 hours later with no problems.
I can only raved great praise for the website. I love that I can instantly, easily change things. I put up a pop up (well I called for help the first time) about the snow storm and delivering early and then easily changed it last night to say all new orders would only be delivered on Thursday. I am very happy with all the tools now at my fingertips, and I make it work well for me..

So whatever they are doing is working for me. Sorry to hear you all aren't so lucky..I wonder if it was only FTD's high speed cable that was affected. We did not have problems getting thru to florists on the plain old phone line either.

Old technology breaks down...NUF said!

Every order I had went out in real time... don;t need the Merc no mo :)

Old technology breaks down...NUF said!

Every order I had went out in real time... don;t need the Merc no mo :)

you've been waiting all day to say that i bet!!

Status
Not open for further replies.