Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank

Nov 1, 2002
Rosemead
www.goldenroseflorist.com
State / Prov
California
Is the "### Unread Posts" line really necessary? I sure do not have the time to read every post (unlike the FlowerChat early years) and if it stays as is, it will reaching 4 figures!

I would be happy if I was not reminded how many unread posts there are every time I log in.

Other than that little annoyance, FlowerChat is getting better and better!

Only for fun......no disrespect here.
"Sorrow looks back, Worry looks around, Faith looks up and watching where you walk look down"
Hollywood :jester
PS: I agree with you on the issue.

Hey guys, how was your MDAY ?

Hope it was grrrrrrreat !

Is the "### Unread Posts" line really necessary? I sure do not have the time to read every post (unlike the FlowerChat early years) and if it stays as is, it will reaching 4 figures!

I would be happy if I was not reminded how many unread posts there are every time I log in.

go up to the top line where it says Quick Links and click on Mark Forums Read........takes care of it.

Reactions: 1 person

The way I look at it, the more "unread posts" the better. It means this board is growing exponentially! :tread:

go up to the top line where it says Quick Links and click on Mark Forums Read........takes care of it.
Or you can to to the forum header page, and double click on the individual forums you have no time or interest for.....

I am also finding myself way behind on reading, but I do love the wealth of info that is continually flowing.
:)

I'm thinking I need to put the new members intro forum on my ignore forums list - it's flooded and gives me nothing but frustration.

I never get my way, see, and I just hate that. :headbang:

Reactions: 2 people
I'm thinking I need to put the new members intro forum on my ignore forums list - it's flooded and gives me nothing but frustration.

I never get my way, see, and I just hate that. :headbang::headbang:

:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

I never get my way, see, and I just hate that. :headbang:

I think you are a bit spoiled and like to push your luck. Between that and the rabble rousing you do it must be tough being you;) But hey someone has to play the devil's advocate.

I think you are a bit spoiled and like to push your luck. Between that and the rabble rousing you do it must be tough being you;) But hey someone has to play the devil's advocate.

Yep, that's our bloomz and we love him just the way he is...

You have to admit he makes you stop and think about things...even if some of those things are every unusual.

Usually with Bloomz ... I don't like where my mind goes ;)

More for the wish list :)

In the old version, we were able to mark an individual thread read; I don't see that option under thread tools. It used to be a button thingy, next to the threads in the forum opener, that listed all the recent threads in the forum. I could double click that button, and that thread was read.

I ask primarily because of the new member forum .... I read and vote, or post a question that is answered. After I've made my decision, I'd like to be able to click on that thread and mark it read, so I can better use my time on newer requests, and new posts. I do not want to ignore the entire forum.

If I am missing the option, I hope someone will direct me ...

Don't mind the "unread posts" notation. Gives me an idea of how much activity there has been. What gets me is that after the first 4 or five replays, the posts digress towards more personal chit-chat. I wish there was a side-bar button to PM directly to the previous post (yes, I know how to PM myself and use it when I go off topic).

I wish there was a side-bar button to PM directly to the previous post
If you mean sending a PM regarding the individual post, there is already that in place. You access it by clicking on the posters name, selecting "Send Private Message" and it will open a new PM window with a reference to the original post.

Is this what your looking for?

I know and use that feature. I just wish others would use it. I just get frustrated when the "last post" has virtually nothing to do with the "original post". I'm just thinking, to limit the amount of "digression" posts, add another green button that will PM directly to That poster. Am I making any sense, yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.