Not open for further replies.

Luc

Nov 1, 2002
Elliot Lake
www.a1florists.com
State / Prov
Ontario
Grandparents Day!
Slow Holiday for most people.Nice container, but do not like the delphinium idea. However I can see it with artificial Blue Hydrangea and other flowers. Would have been a good choice for Mother's day container. Will wait for it to go on sale and buy it for nest year Mother's Day.

Thanksgiving Lenox Gravy Boat.
Nice idea, color is all wrong. I am sure what they tried to do is to offer something that can be used year round. They could have use NO CANDLE, and use a orange gourd instead and it would have been more appealing. Also the colors could have been more fallish.

THe Artful autumn Vase is nice,but too expensive to buy. It would have to start at almost $30.00 canadian for a 8 1/4" vase.

The pitcher is something from the past. Look similar to a pitcher years ago with same style. I could sell it in both of my store with no flowers.

Christmas. THe Mixing Bowl. New idea, and LIke it but do not like the gingerbread around the bowl. Why? It limits the people using the bowl for Christmas. Not to many people will take out the bowl during the year to use it to cook. They would have a winner if they take off the gingerbread design to it.

Lenox Holiday Day arr. Nicely done arr. I like it and as a florist it can be done different ways. Price a little high, I am sure we are paying the Lennox name and teleflora name.

Kinkade- Again....I am getting tired !

Ornament- Also Again...I am getting FED UP WITH IT!

Holiday wishes Arr. Nice price point. It is hard to find good breaks on flowers at Christmas time. New idea dn I like it.

Christmas Presents Again nice price point and cookie cutter design. Nice little type of centerpiece with candy cane.

Overall myself and my staff think maybe3 items are good from teleflora. 1 so and so 2 get rid of the container.

Luc
PS The opinions are those of the participant. They may not reflect the opinion of this board or it's members

Luc

I can't say any make me want to get out the checkbook.

the box would double for val and xmas but what about the price points? can you do better elsewhere for a cardboard box.

bottom line: Pass. I'll find my own.

Ornament? Again? And guess what I'm not Teleflora but FTD has an ornament this year. We're passing on it, too. Like you, Kristine, we'll opt for our own specials. Gudrun

The Ornament and Kincades I hope to sell until the year 2999.

Same with the Be Happy Mug. You just can't argue with success.

Well I guess you can, but.....I'm not the only one who loves cookiez.

I haven't seen these containers yet......but I would consider selling a limited amount of Kincade - simply because there are collectors of his artwork out there.

Yup - Kincade and Ornament and Be Happy = Cookiez=Proven Best Sellers - for years running now...

Let it continue

Could someone post pictures of the containers and their costs?

Again, why JB refers to just the WS designs as cookie cutters is beyond me.....I don't even think HE knows why !

Very accurate opinions on the containers. I agree that the white Lennox has color issues. We sell about as many unmade Kincaid's as ones made with the flowers. I did notice a price jump on that one this year. The Williamsburg pitcher is mighty pricey for the size of container IMO. And what's the deal with every holiday having a sweepstake? Not at all impressed with the ornament either. We got tired of those years ago.

I actually collect the Kincade myself,,, I have quite a little village! I have all of them since the very first one and I even have the christmas tree. We sell out every year.
People come in and ask just to purchase the cottage, which I like even better cause then we don't have to do anything to them.
The ornament used to sell very well, OR I was very good at selling them, Either way, it's beginning to be a struggle to sell them.

We decided the only container we will ever buy from TF again will be the Kincade, nothing else.

Be happy sells OK for us, but it's not flying out the door, a bit to novelty for Durango peeps. Which is ironic, cause you'd think the tree huggin', granola eatin' hippies would love it. Whatever, we ain't buying it anymore.

oh, BTW, I don't even bother to look at the catalog cause we wont buy them anyway....

Status
Not open for further replies.