National Flora FTD

Rhonda

Nov 1, 2002
Millinocket
www.millinocketflorist.com
State / Prov
Maine
Just had a call on the ID says National Flora FTD with a phone number of 541-858-2822 - said they were FTD.com? True? not true?

She called again and changed the order to spring mixed arrangement but I questioned why the caller ID says National Flora when she gave me .com's code number and she said gee I don't know... I told her I was not going to accept the order and she asked are you not an FTD florist? I said yes I am and as a florist, I'm refusing .com orders. If anyone, anyone calls me to the carpet on this I will tell them what I've been told "FTD.COM is an entirely different entity from FTDI - meaning they have their own board of directors, own way of doing business and just use ftdi to clear their orders to members".... therefore..I choose not to fill for a separate entity other than the wire service I belong to for the time being, that is.
I am hating wire services even more... guess I'll be passionate doing the FFC presentation at our State Association Design Show next weekend huh?

Reactions: KABERS
Rhonda, I guessing here, can't find the ticket. had sim order a 4 - 5 months ago when still FTD, it was a National order that came off one of the sympathy sites. It came up for us as National Flora......

That phone number is a land line in Medford Oregon....

NationalFlora.com is now owned by FTD.com .... they keep buying up the other national gatherers in the quest to be the biggest gatherer of them all...

Reactions: Kristine
After telling them I will not accept .com orders, someone calls from .com to confirm that I will not accept their orders to put in their system!!

That phone number is a land line in Medford Oregon....

NationalFlora.com is now owned by FTD.com .... they keep buying up the other national gatherers in the quest to be the biggest gatherer of them all...

Sneaky little guys! Always trying to pull the wool over our eyes

But unless you're on FlowerChat, you wouldn't know NationalFlora is FTD :)

I used to work for them. FTD bought the National Flora business back in 2001, and has been operating as the Oregon office for FTD.COM along with the other 2 offices in the US. Its FTD.COM, its just that for some reason the 'local' ID shows the local phone number instead of showing an 800 number...who knows why though....

doesn't matter, I'm done with .com orders completely and probably done with the whole ws thing soon. Even at $29.99 I can't justify it.

Reactions: anytimeflowers