New John Henry Everyday Images!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our JH Book is paid for!!! I uploaded the images on our website a couple of weeks ago & a web client purchased a $220.00 vase arrangement...YES!!! The book has paid for itself!!!

Reactions: 1 person
Pricing the new JH cd

It is interesting to note that Heather prices the pink Perfection at 55 (as shown) and Secret Garden prices it as 348.....I think just ball parking it, I would be somewhere around 125... We sure do price things in a wide range.
Clay brings up an interesting observation ..do you carry all of the containers and what do you do about showing stuff on your sites that you do not have...only a question...and how do you handle the person that wants to send it out to another town/state...
Thanks to both of you for any answers.
Sher

IMO the suggested pricing is way too high, I will be using their images on my new website along with a lot of my own amateur images:) , however,I will be pricing them much lower than the JHC suggested retail price.

To ask $350 for an arrangement in a 6" or 8" gathering vase is a bit high, don't ya think?

When viewing an image online, there isn't much difference at looking at a $50 or $500 vase, sometimes the size looks almost the same to customer viewing it. The customer doesn't have the JHC workbook telling them how many stems of flowers J Schwanke used. I think some of Heather's prices are a little bit on the low side, but I understand why she adjusted the JHC suggested prices! I love your site too Heather, great job!!

Also,
I think sometimes florists worry a little too much about carrying the exact container & flowers of picture. IMO, the customer isn't going to know wether you used an accent decor vase or a similar syndicate sales vase. As long as you stay within the integrity of the image you will be OK.

I very rarely get a complaint for using a red gerbera instead of an orange one, or using pink rocks in a vase instead of pink sand... I believe sometimes SUBS are necessary in this everyday biz. You will be surprised that your customers are not as picky as you think they are, even when we get customers who click on NO SUBS, we call them right away explaining for example that tulips were not available for that day, and 9 out 10 times , the customer is just happy that we communicated with them and gave them another option.

I also look forward to using the JHC everyday designs, thanks Heather, for giving me a chance to view them online.:yourock:

It is interesting to note that Heather prices the pink Perfection at 55 (as shown) and Secret Garden prices it as 348.....I think just ball parking it, I would be somewhere around 125... We sure do price things in a wide range.
Clay brings up an interesting observation ..do you carry all of the containers and what do you do about showing stuff on your sites that you do not have...only a question...and how do you handle the person that wants to send it out to another town/state...
Thanks to both of you for any answers.
Sher

Sher,

Because it is a short design 40 cm roses would be used at half the price of long stems. Also, spray roses would be used as well to acheive the look of the design. I would use a pink vase instead of filling the vase with the Accent Decor bead things that are shown.

When a customer buys a design they are buying the "look" of the design and not necessarily the design as the recipe calls. I never price the designs per the recipe in the book because the customer doesn't see that, they only see the photo. I never would short the customer but - I'd never use the sweet pea in the design either I'd sub snaps instead.

All of the items on my website are for local delivery only. If a customer wants to order an arrangement for out of town I only get ideas such as a 75.00 funeral basket with feminine colors. I find when designers are less restricted they do a better job of creating a beautiful design.

Prices vary too way much from area to area (as Sher pointed out) for me to try to guess what a florist in Chicago would charge for a design that I charge 75.00 for.

I priced according to the JH SRP. It is usually pretty accurate for our area. Hey, I figure, if we don't ask for it, we don't get it. Of course we will always modify if requested & price accordingly. You can always come down in price, but never go up!

Sher, You will probably find a third price if you look on my site. I changed the names and redid the pricing becasue it was crazy high!!! I tried to only use containers I carry or could easily get ( I agree with J about not having the exact container).

I used a several of their images where my product was a little thin. I love the variety they have! My only complaint would be the crappy baskets...who would pay $100 for an arrangement in an icky Easter basket.

Dear JH, willow or grapevine please!!!!!!

I agree with those ugly baskets used! They make thec arrangements look cheap when in reality they are packed with flowers! Roses, Florigene carnations, and other pricey & beautiful flowers. The bakets just downgraded the arrangements :(

Help please with John Henry Everyday

I just got in my JH everyday book - it looks great and will help us fill the gap between our own designs and photography.

I have the older everyday book and cd set. In the older one, I could copy and save the images, use them for screen savers, wall paper, or on my flyers as well as the website.

However this new cd seems to be smarter than me and I can't figure out how to save an image so I can mix it with my own images in my information or what to do.

thanks to anyone who can help.

Donna

Status
Not open for further replies.